Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will Lose a lot of respect for Mackay

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:14 am

Back again slightly earlier than expected, this is all turning into a bit of a farce.

I think if Malky still wants to go to you then we are probably best off letting him go, so long as the price is right. In the past I have had nothing but respect for the man, but in this case if he does leave then I will be losing a lot of it. If he still wants the job after quite clearly being 3rd in line behind Hughton and Shearer, knowing he is no better than a 3rd choice, and is happy to leave a stable job at watford then you can have him.

I think I just want this saga to end. I would expect more loyalty than this from him especially after his time as a player with us when we gave him the chance to first play in the premier league and then to manage us, but hey-ho perhaps there is no such thing as love for a club nowadays.

Im not bitter, just disappointed.

I reckon he would do a good job for you given time, but I wouldn't expect a promotion this season as he will probably spend at least a season rebuilding your squad.

Im just curious as to why hughton and shearer have rejected your job? is there something that the board is only telling the applicants at the final stage?

Re: Will Lose a lot of respect for Mackay

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:15 am

I don't think he's behind Hughton, if he was Hughton would've been appointee by now.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 am

Hughton has been hanging on accepting the fulham Assistant job until he hears from us, thats from his own mouth....no one has said shearer was 1st choice, he just had an interview and the media went mental cos it was shearer

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 am

hornet_fan wrote:Back again slightly earlier than expected, this is all turning into a bit of a farce.

I think if Malky still wants to go to you then we are probably best off letting him go, so long as the price is right. In the past I have had nothing but respect for the man, but in this case if he does leave then I will be losing a lot of it. If he still wants the job after quite clearly being 3rd in line behind Hughton and Shearer, knowing he is no better than a 3rd choice, and is happy to leave a stable job at watford then you can have him.

I think I just want this saga to end. I would expect more loyalty than this from him especially after his time as a player with us when we gave him the chance to first play in the premier league and then to manage us, but hey-ho perhaps there is no such thing as love for a club nowadays.

I reckon he would do a good job for you given time, but I wouldn't expect a promotion this season as he will probably spend at least a season rebuilding your squad.

Im just curious as to why hughton and shearer have rejected your job? is there something that the board is only telling the applicants at the final stage?

surely GOD graham turner woudnt lie to your fans ?? :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 am

jinks-rct wrote:surely GOD graham turner woudnt lie to your fans ?? :lol: :lol:

did i say anywhere i believe he had? no i just stated that its quite obvious there has been contact with mackay, although i expect none of it is official.

perhaps you should reread my previous postings, you might find some of them interesting.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:22 am

jinks-rct wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:Back again slightly earlier than expected, this is all turning into a bit of a farce.

surely GOD graham turner woudnt lie to your fans ?? :lol: :lol:

I'm fairly sure Graham Taylor wouldn't lie to us either.....

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 am

Permission to talk to Mackay has been granted but both clubs want confidentiality, as if Mackay does not get the job, then you fans are none the wiser and would not think anything less, of him, it should not come as a shock to anyone if this interview that he is attending is either his first or it is not an interview but a meeting to offer him the job :thumbup:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:37 am

hornet_fan wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:surely GOD graham turner woudnt lie to your fans ?? :lol: :lol:

did i say anywhere i believe he had? no i just stated that its quite obvious there has been contact with mackay, although i expect none of it is official.

perhaps you should reread my previous postings, you might find some of them interesting.

my appologies if mistaken i thought i read you saying something down the lines of graham turner quoted that mackay wont be going anywhere.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 am

Igovernor wrote:Permission to talk to Mackay has been granted but both clubs want confidentiality, as if Mackay does not get the job, then you fans are none the wiser and would not think anything less, of him, it should not come as a shock to anyone if this interview that he is attending is either his first or it is not an interview but a meeting to offer him the job :thumbup:

I'm sure we want to keep things confidential, however yesterday lunchtime a statement was made by Watford to say no official approach had been made. I appreciate that's a while ago, and things change, however if Malky had already spoken to Cardiff last week (as has been stated as FACT on here) without Watford's permission then expect legal trouble.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 am

Igovernor wrote:Permission to talk to Mackay has been granted but both clubs want confidentiality, as if Mackay does not get the job, then you fans are none the wiser and would not think anything less, of him, it should not come as a shock to anyone if this interview that he is attending is either his first or it is not an interview but a meeting to offer him the job :thumbup:

will believe that when i see it. i dont think the board could afford to do that, they are already being judged extremely harshly by the fans and have repeated over multiple days that no approach has been made. i would expect a statement from them, as otherwise all the trust that our new owner has been trying to build up will be gone.

i guess we just have to wait on official news.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Hughton has been hanging on accepting the fulham Assistant job until he hears from us, thats from his own mouth....no one has said shearer was 1st choice, he just had an interview and the media went mental cos it was shearer

good post

its what i would have done. if i was doing interviews when a late comer throws his hat in the ring at the last minute, you have to hear his side

obviously shearer was not intersted, its not the end of the world

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:48 am

I wouldnt get to worried about Malky coming here, like all the others he'll see through the incompetency of our board. Lets be honest if he cant see through a bloke who's only worked in rugby and a crooked solicitor then he aint worth his salt.