Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do We Need To Wake Up A Bit??

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 am

After weeks, months, (years even) of some people wanting shot of Dave Jones there are still huge divides with supporters as to who should be our next manager.

I stuck by Dave Jones for the majority of his reign but even I had enough after last seasons catastrophe, I think with squad we had I would have had a better go at getting us promoted.

What is confusing me now though is how every manager that gets brought up seems to get shot down from all angles. Despite the fact that not too long ago we could only dream of attracting some of the names we have. If someone said to me a few years ago that names like Hughes, Shearer, Di Matteo and so on would be linked to our club I would have phoned for a doctor. Chris Hughton seems to be the most popular choice but even he has had many critics on the messageboards.

Do we need to wake up and realise that we are not as attractive as we think and that maybe we are not going to get the fans ideal choice??

Re: Do We Need To Wake Up A Bit??

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:49 am

Good post mate. We are Cardiff City not Chelsea and some people need to have a reality check ! We have come so far over the last few years and improved each season. The problem now is that with all this current negativity, impatience and lack of support of our CEO's from some people, we will be very lucky to get any half decent manager.

Re: Do We Need To Wake Up A Bit??

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 am

Personally I would settle for most of the names that have been linked excluding 1 or 2. The way I see it we are not in a position to attract anyone better, most of them are decent managers and I think think that's as good as we are going to get.

I just hope we get someone soon, our squad is very thin on the ground, frightening in fact and someone needs to start building it now!!