Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

our crowds

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 am

so much as been said about swansea,s crowds or should i say how small they are.what should be rememberd is that swansea is on its knees and ther is no money being spent here,as in the rest of wales out side of cardiff.cardiff is booming thanks to the assembly you did not want.i must say that cardiff is the bigger club,but not by that much.as for the capitol thing,wales is only a princapality and out side of wales we aint that noticed.infact out side of the uk we aint realy known.thats why pepole in swansea are so anoyed at cardiff,its not just the football but more to do with politics.you see as a small princapality wales cant aford to put all its eggs in to one basket in the hope to put cardiff up with other capitol citys,ie london paris madrid rome and so on,they are real citys both cardiff and swansea are small in terms of uk citys,so by the assembly pumping money in to your cty is cripling wales.the pepole who live in the valleys will know what im talking about as i do alot of work ther and must say ther is very little cash being spent to help out the area,yet cardiff is full of new shops and and so on.well any way thats me done.

Re: our crowds

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:52 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 am

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 am

WTF?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 am

Plus judging by your post the education standards are not up to much either :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 am

swansealad69 wrote:so much as been said about swansea,s crowds or should i say how small they are.what should be rememberd is that swansea is on its knees and ther is no money being spent here,as in the rest of wales out side of cardiff.cardiff is booming thanks to the assembly you did not want.i must say that cardiff is the bigger club,but not by that much.as for the capitol thing,wales is only a princapality and out side of wales we aint that noticed.infact out side of the uk we aint realy known.thats why pepole in swansea are so anoyed at cardiff,its not just the football but more to do with politics.you see as a small princapality wales cant aford to put all its eggs in to one basket in the hope to put cardiff up with other capitol citys,ie london paris madrid rome and so on,they are real citys both cardiff and swansea are small in terms of uk citys,so by the assembly pumping money in to your cty is cripling wales.the pepole who live in the valleys will know what im talking about as i do alot of work ther and must say ther is very little cash being spent to help out the area,yet cardiff is full of new shops and and so on.well any way thats me done.

I would leave it for now mate, I think the Cardiff fans have got other issues to worry about at the moment, couple of good points but maybe save it until they resolve this manager situation...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 am

swansealad69 wrote:so much as been said about swansea,s crowds or should i say how small they are.what should be rememberd is that swansea is on its knees and ther is no money being spent here,as in the rest of wales out side of cardiff.cardiff is booming thanks to the assembly you did not want.i must say that cardiff is the bigger club,but not by that much.as for the capitol thing,wales is only a princapality and out side of wales we aint that noticed.infact out side of the uk we aint realy known.thats why pepole in swansea are so anoyed at cardiff,its not just the football but more to do with politics.you see as a small princapality wales cant aford to put all its eggs in to one basket in the hope to put cardiff up with other capitol citys,ie london paris madrid rome and so on,they are real citys both cardiff and swansea are small in terms of uk citys,so by the assembly pumping money in to your cty is cripling wales.the pepole who live in the valleys will know what im talking about as i do alot of work ther and must say ther is very little cash being spent to help out the area,yet cardiff is full of new shops and and so on.well any way thats me done.

Sum really good point there m8; but for me its all bout the footie n the history; we hate u lot un u hate us.

AND U NEVER FOLLOW WALES O YEA N U BRITISH FLAGS MAKE U MIND UP U WANNA :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:16 am

eighty_8 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

what's so funny?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:23 am

swansealad69

Get your drift, but everything does not go to Cardiff. The SA1 development in Swansea, for example, or the new shopping developments in Carmarthen, or the National Maritime Museum, or the National Botanical Garden. As for not wanting the National Assembly, well the vote in 1997 was very divisive, and fair enough, Swansea voted yes, but only just. That vote has been overtaken by the referendum in March this year on extra powers for the National Assembly, where the City and County of Cardiff voted overwhelmingly in favour, as did Swansea. I know that this is a sore point in Swansea, but things have moved on.

Again, Swansea's crowds, per head of population, are probably better than ours. We have a much bigger catchment area, not just in the city, but in the valleys, Barry, Bridgend, large parts of south Wales really. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of your support comes from Swansea itself. Most of your surrounding towns are more famous for egg-chasing, like Llanelli and Neath, though there are plenty of football fans there as well.

So enjoy the Premier League. For next season, at least, you are playing at a higher level than us. Just be proud of what your club has achieved. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 am

llangainbluebird wrote:swansealad69

Get your drift, but everything does not go to Cardiff. The SA1 development in Swansea, for example, or the new shopping developments in Carmarthen, or the National Maritime Museum, or the National Botanical Garden. As for not wanting the National Assembly, well the vote in 1997 was very divisive, and fair enough, Swansea voted yes, but only just. That vote has been overtaken by the referendum in March this year on extra powers for the National Assembly, where the City and County of Cardiff voted overwhelmingly in favour, as did Swansea. I know that this is a sore point in Swansea, but things have moved on.

Again, Swansea's crowds, per head of population, are probably better than ours. We have a much bigger catchment area, not just in the city, but in the valleys, Barry, Bridgend, large parts of south Wales really. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of your support comes from Swansea itself. Most of your surrounding towns are more famous for egg-chasing, like Llanelli and Neath, though there are plenty of football fans there as well.

So enjoy the Premier League. For next season, at least, you are playing at a higher level than us. Just be proud of what your club has achieved. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nice post and pretty accurate.Although the Botanical Gardens are about 20 miles from Swansea,inbetween Cross Hands and Carmarthen :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:28 am

llangainbluebird wrote:or the new shopping developments in Carmarthen

That was a proper waste of money, the town is dying, the only thing that does well is the cinema and the pizza express - yet only on a wednesday when orange wednesday run their deal and pizza express have offers on to coincide with that.

Night life is pretty much non-existent now. Sad to see as that's where I grew up and still go back to regularly.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 am

blackswan

Keep meaning to visit the gardens, will have to get round to it this summer :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 am

Obviously a Cardiff fan on a fishing trip :D He caught a fair few too :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 am

Obviously a Cardiff fan on a fishing trip :D He caught a fair few too :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:32 am

It's ok,i've been there twice.Once you've seen 1 snowdrop though i guess you've seen them all :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:33 am

griffy

Can't say about the nightlife, as I'm a bit old for that :old: But the town looks pretty prosperous on my visits home. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:38 am

llangainbluebird wrote:griffy

Can't say about the nightlife, as I'm a bit old for that :old: But the town looks pretty prosperous on my visits home. :ayatollah:

Everytime I go there the older parts of town do ok, but the new developments just get people walking through. The Multi storey car park, I've never had to go up a level to park there, ground floor never fills up lol.

I'm from Bancyfelin, not far from your neck of the woods :ayatollah: lol

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 am

What about that nightclub Savannahs :shock: :lol:

Its like a cattle market in there,with every farmer from St.Clears to Llanpumpsaint strutting their stuff.I once walked in there with a baggy pair of jeans and a polo shirt and they all thought i was from another planet.The girls liked me though :angel4:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 am

haha Savannahs

Full of farmers, looking for single over 40's out for a quick shag

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 am

You're absolutely right if its a real account but I suspect you're trolling. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:08 am

blackswan wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:swansealad69

Nice post and pretty accurate.Although the Botanical Gardens are about 20 miles from Swansea,inbetween Cross Hands and Carmarthen :D

I've been there twice now, it's growing on me. :D :D :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 am

Actually agree with your post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

tate is still a wanker though

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: