Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

profile comes after success

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:26 am

The problem i think we have at the moment is that the malaysians are very niave where football is concerned.
I can understand that they are trying to raise the profile of the club to a high level in their home country and thats why i believe they went for Alan shearer who is as high profile as they come in football terms.
It was not a football decision in my opinion but a move that would have enabled them to for want of a better word bragged about their ability to bring in a high profile manager to their club.
This is not what the club needs now we need a manager with enthusiasm and commitment and a plan to get us to the premier league and to sustain us in the premier league.
As carl has said on previous threads McKay was the person who we all thought was going to get the job and we both thought yesterday was going to be spent thrashing out a compensation claim with Watford for his services.
I am told he interviewed well and brought his own plans and vision for the club to the table in stark contrast to the other applicants.
The malaysians must learn from this experience and appoint a director of football to oversee the forthcoming transfers and contracts etc.
This is not a direct criticism of gethin but his expertise would be far better used in commercial and business dealings away from the football club playing side.
We are all eternally grateful to the malaysians for what they bring to the club but football is a different type of business altogether which means ultimately we need horses for course's and not expensive inexperienced figure heads.
Go get malky because you know it makes sense