Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: APPROACH REFUSED

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:56 am

so do we think there will be a second approach? would the board be prepared to up the compo bid of 600k? for what its worth 800k-1m and i think you would get him.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am

I think there will definitely be another approach from the board.

This could be a long afternoon.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:01 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:I think there will definitely be another approach from the board.

This could be a long afternoon.

Agree on both points. I don't think anyone for a second thinks that that is it as far as an approach for Mackay is concerned !

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Maybe it's me but even tho he is my first choice 600 seem a lot. I wouldnt want to pay much more.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:i think if MM wants to leave and we can agree a compo figure then Watford will let him go..

f*cking NO SHIT!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

well if they didnt want to they could be awkward, wouldnt be the first time would it. DICKHEAD!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Daya wrote:COMPO STANDS AT 2 MILLION - before talks can commence.

You said it was a done deal last week

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Malky Mackay will take over dont panic bluebirds :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:19 pm

milly44 wrote:Malky Mackay will take over dont panic bluebirds :ayatollah:

If MM states he wants to leave, or even quits, and then starts talking to CCFC, then we will have another Brum v Villa battle of our own!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Merlin wrote:

If MM states he wants to leave, or even quits, and then starts talking to CCFC, then we will have another Brum v Villa battle of our own!

been told there if a few small issues that will be resolved and he will be named the new manager. Watford are just holding out for more money, and who can blame them :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm

as stated elsewhere i expect we are holding out for 800k compo.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 pm

However, as posted in another thread - If MM actually APPROACHED cardiff himself, then who is in breach of the rules? or his contract? .............. ;)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Would like to believe you but I have no faith in what anyone says on here anymore (no offence). But still enjoy the speculation though :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm

moonboots wrote:

Would like to believe you but I have no faith in what anyone says on here anymore (no offence). But still enjoy the speculation though :lol:

no offense taken :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 pm

hornet_fan wrote:as stated elsewhere i expect we are holding out for 800k compo.

so 800k to jones , 800k to Watford , then salary to MM hmmmmmmmmmm.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Daya wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:as stated elsewhere i expect we are holding out for 800k compo.

£2million then - should have just f*cking payed Martin O'neill!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:10 pm

NEWS FROM WATFORD OWNER BASSINI on the official site

he rejected the approach this morning and has mentioned that mackay committed his future to us for three years earlier the year. he is going to consult chairman graham taylor and the other board members this afternoon, presumably for advice on how to proceed.

sounds to me like they are having a crunch meeting to see whether they should decide to let him go OR convince malky to stay by backing him more for the new season.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Daya wrote:

Who said we haven't got any money? Big club-Big spenders :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm

hornet_fan wrote:NEWS FROM WATFORD OWNER BASSINI on the official site

he rejected the approach this morning and has mentioned that mackay committed his future to us for three years earlier the year. he is going to consult chairman graham taylor and the other board members this afternoon, presumably for advice on how to proceed.

sounds to me like they are having a crunch meeting to see whether they should decide to let him go OR convince malky to stay by backing him more for the new season.

Hopefully it's the latter. Maybe by throwing an extra tenner into the transfer kitty Malky might stay.....

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Graham Taylor been quoted as saying it could take days to decide and asking Cardiff to "hold fire", as I said earlier, the deal is done £400k compensation, You are now looking at replacements. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Graham Taylor been quoted as saying it could take days to decide and asking Cardiff to "hold fire", as I said earlier, the deal is done £400k compensation, You are now looking at replacements. :ayatollah:

if the deal is done why is it going to take days to decide?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:14 pm

I cant see us splashing out that much compo to watford for Malky with the reported 800k we could get a top manager think of it like this ,800K / 1 MIL compo and wages of say 350k =around 1.3 mill ish.

We could get a big name manager for around that couldn't we ?

What about Hughes then ?

I got a feeling that we are in for more twists and turns yet but how long will we have to wait to find out who the new man is,could go on for days again but I hope not.

If it is MALKY then the 800K OR SO has to be much lower. ;)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:44 pm

ive a few quid on hughes from alot of rumours around my town, hes gone from 33/1 down to 12/1 with most bookies in 2days. but again we need permission from fulham 1st well worth £10 guys

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Who the f**k cares, Malky should just resign and walk out and then take the Cardiff City job end of!!!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Who the f**k cares, Malky should just resign and walk out and then take the Cardiff City job end of!!!

ai that the simple way but watford might do a Birmingham reject his wish and then it just goes pete tong from there :cry:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:15 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Who the f**k cares, Malky should just resign and walk out and then take the Cardiff City job end of!!!

ai that the simple way but watford might do a Birmingham reject his wish and then it just goes pete tong from there :cry:

Yeah I know what you mean I am just getting kinda frustrated by all this speculation and dithering it's like doing my head in, like it is most of us I expect. But I do think we should our utmost now to get Malky.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean I am just getting kinda frustrated by all this speculation and dithering it's like doing my head in, like it is most of us I expect. But I do think we should our utmost now to get Malky.

we prob can get him just if mm really wants it and how much watford want. need to be done by friday tho my opinion tho