Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY DO CITY FANS FEEL THEY ARE SUPERIOR TO OTHERS

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am

So why is it that City fans feel they have this divine right to know what is going on behind closed doors at board level at our club and before anyone says "because we are fans", I am a huge fan of Ferrari but do you think that gives me the right to know what goes on within that company, no. We have got beyond our station by demanding to know what goes on, CCFC is a business and all we need to do as supporters is to follow our club, I dont know of any other club in the country that have the sort of info that we get. You cant blame Carl as its the nature of the beast if your told something of importance about the club you want to pass it on as he does but have we got to demanding, I believe so, where did we get this superior attitude from that we seem to have a divine right to know the ins & outs of the club.

Do you also feel that by having a mole within the club is healthy, surely it can lead to mistrust within. From boardroom to playing staff as nobody really knows who the mole is and therefore not confide in each other and distance themselves, I like the info as much as anyone else but I question sometimes whether it can be damaging and at the end of the day we as fans as JUST that fans, we are merely a number to the club.

Re: WHY DO CITY FANS FEEL THEY ARE SUPERIOR TO OTHERS

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:40 am

Agree - we are also impatient - oh the joys

The mole is clearly the director but how some mis information can stil be given is beyond me

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:41 am

RichardBluebird wrote:So why is it that City fans feel they have this divine right to know what is going on behind closed doors at board level at our club and before anyone says "because we are fans", I am a huge fan of Ferrari but do you think that gives me the right to know what goes on within that company, no. We have got beyond our station by demanding to know what goes on, CCFC is a business and all we need to do as supporters is to follow our club, I dont know of any other club in the country that have the sort of info that we get. You cant blame Carl as its the nature of the beast if your told something of importance about the club you want to pass it on as he does but have we got to demanding, I believe so, where did we get this superior attitude from that we seem to have a divine right to know the ins & outs of the club.

Do you also feel that by having a mole within the club is healthy, surely it can lead to mistrust within. From boardroom to playing staff as nobody really knows who the mole is and therefore not confide in each other and distance themselves, I like the info as much as anyone else but I question sometimes whether it can be damaging and at the end of the day we as fans as JUST that fans, we are merely a number to the club.

but i am better than everyone else, im amazing......so my mum keep saying ;)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:So why is it that City fans feel they have this divine right to know what is going on behind closed doors at board level at our club and before anyone says "because we are fans", I am a huge fan of Ferrari but do you think that gives me the right to know what goes on within that company, no. We have got beyond our station by demanding to know what goes on, CCFC is a business and all we need to do as supporters is to follow our club, I dont know of any other club in the country that have the sort of info that we get. You cant blame Carl as its the nature of the beast if your told something of importance about the club you want to pass it on as he does but have we got to demanding, I believe so, where did we get this superior attitude from that we seem to have a divine right to know the ins & outs of the club.

but i am better than everyone else, im amazing......so my mum keep saying ;)

She had her fingers crossed

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am

Perhaps they deliberately leaked different managers names to different suspected moles to try and trap the culprit. Unfortunately all the names got into the public domain and they are now trying to devise a system to find someone at the club that isnt a mole.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:47 am

Do you own a Ferrari? We own season tickets, which in affect pays the bills. I don't think there should be a meeting with 18k fans every time there is something to announce but I would like to know WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON....from time to time.

Thank you.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm

I dont blame Carl for getting anything wrong because these are the times when things can change so often! one minute something could be happening the next thing, its all gone to pot and no one knows whats going on.

However, the only reason it looked a shambles yesterday is because of all the names that were thrown out over the last week, If the club remained quiet from the inside (moles?) then none of the names would have leaked and it would be a hell of a lot quieter.... especially seing as the Club have not actually stated publicly any managers names at all - until this morning when Watford denied Cardiff permission to talk to Malky Mckay. Which shows the clubs intent to actually publicly show an interest in a particular manager.

However, as a paying Season Ticket, holder that still doesn't give you the right to know exactly whats going on at board room level! You pay your season ticket for a seat in the stadium to save yourself some money from paying for a ticket every other saturday! As a season ticket holder, I don't see myself as the payer of some one's wages, I just see myself as a source of income for the club.... There are other costs at a football club than just players & staff wages ?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 pm

baseboy007 wrote:

Do you own a Ferrari? We own season tickets, which in affect pays the bills. I don't think there should be a meeting with 18k fans every time there is something to announce but I would like to know WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON....from time to time.

Thank you.

Yes I do own a Ferrari actually, Id like to know what is going on from time to time but not expect or demand it.

BTW my Ferrari sits nice on top of the mantelpiece :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 pm

baseboy007 wrote:

Do you own a Ferrari?
We own season tickets, which in affect pays the bills. I don't think there should be a meeting with 18k fans every time there is something to announce but I would like to know WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON....from time to time.

Thank you.

YES!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Merlin wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:

Do you own a Ferrari?
We own season tickets, which in affect pays the bills. I don't think there should be a meeting with 18k fans every time there is something to announce but I would like to know WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON....from time to time.

Thank you.

YES!

Posh tw*t :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Merlin wrote:I dont blame Carl for getting anything wrong because these are the times when things can change so often! one minute something could be happening the next thing, its all gone to pot and no one knows whats going on.

However, the only reason it looked a shambles yesterday is because of all the names that were thrown out over the last week, If the club remained quiet from the inside (moles?) then none of the names would have leaked and it would be a hell of a lot quieter.... especially seing as the Club have not actually stated publicly any managers names at all - until this morning when Watford denied Cardiff permission to talk to Malky Mckay. Which shows the clubs intent to actually publicly show an interest in a particular manager.

However, as a paying Season Ticket, holder that still doesn't give you the right to know exactly whats going on at board room level! You pay your season ticket for a seat in the stadium to save yourself some money from paying for a ticket every other saturday! As a season ticket holder, I don't see myself as the payer of some one's wages, I just see myself as a source of income for the club.... There are other costs at a football club than just players & staff wages ?

Of course you cant blame Carl, he passes on only what he has been told & Carl has always said the info is never guaranteed. Yeah like you said a season ticket only guarantees your seat and not right to know the workings of the club.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Agreed. i think thats why there was so much of a bad mood in the last few games.
Causing mistrust between fans and players.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

This is all very dramatic, but probably only the board and Gethin Jenkins really know whats going on. Mole or no mole. Doubt it would be too difficult to find a mole, after all, this is CCFC, not the White House :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:Agreed. i think thats why there was so much of a bad mood in the last few games.

With all due respect though, Im glad I found out about players on the piss, and partying and gambling! I don't want to be supporting this kind of behaivour as role models to so many young kids who - without knowing these details simply adore the players for all they do ON the pitch. Carl has still managed to pass out some very good info, as well as not so good. So you take the rough with the smooth - so to speak.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Merlin wrote:
CCFC- Bramhill wrote:Agreed. i think thats why there was so much of a bad mood in the last few games.

With all due respect though, Im glad I found out about players on the piss, and partying and gambling! I don't want to be supporting this kind of behaivour as role models to so many young kids who - without knowing these details simply adore the players for all they do ON the pitch. Carl has still managed to pass out some very good info, as well as not so good. So you take the rough with the smooth - so to speak.

Yeah good point. But I guess the board were hoping, and some fans were hoping for the 'what the fans dont know, wont hurt them' scenario.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Yeah good point. But I guess the board were hoping, and some fans were hoping for the 'what the fans dont know, wont hurt them' scenario.

The point was that some fans think they have a divine right to know what is going on, they/we dont own the club we are fans of the club.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Yeah good point. But I guess the board were hoping, and some fans were hoping for the 'what the fans dont know, wont hurt them' scenario.[/quote]

The point was that some fans think they have a divine right to know what is going on, they/we dont own the club we are fans of the club.[/quote]

There needs to be a line drawn as to when and what is being said. I mean the players going on the piss (there is no excuse for that behaviour) I know Carl does his best to withdraw info that could jeopordise anything. But i felt towards the end of the season Peoples opinions were getting hijacked by the media Especially on DJ

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:43 pm

There needs to be a line drawn as to when and what is being said. I mean the players going on the piss (there is no excuse for that behaviour) I know Carl does his best to withdraw info that could jeopordise anything. But i felt towards the end of the season Peoples opinions were getting hijacked by the media Especially on DJ[/quote]

In fairness to Carl he would hold back on a lot of info simply because he knows it can be damaging to the club, City life is never boring thats a fact.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Agree 100% mate.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 pm

BECAUSE WE'RE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY AND WE'RE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND....FACT!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:BECAUSE WE'RE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY AND WE'RE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND....FACT!! :ayatollah:

Oh yeah I almost forgot :lol: