Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hornet fan

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am

Hornet fan....opinion please mate...If your board are adamant and strong then your manager should stay his only option is to resign if he is not happy....I know you have sold a couple of stars that will have pissed him off but this could work out ok for you...if they keep him on they will have to back him up....so if he does come for talks you will know if your board are serious or not. What do you think will happen...is your chairman a good bloke or just trying to get a good compensation deal?

Re: Hornet fan

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 am

corky wrote:Hornet fan....opinion please mate...If your board are adamant and strong then your manager should stay his only option is to resign if he is not happy....I know you have sold a couple of stars that will have pissed him off but this could work out ok for you...if they keep him on they will have to back him up....so if he does come for talks you will know if your board are serious or not. What do you think will happen...is your chairman a good bloke or just trying to get a good compensation deal?

hmmm ok a couple of things to clarify. malky is NOT upset about player sales. the sale of graham was widely expected and malky had accepted in march that if we did not get promotion he would probably leave. you can probably scroll back through watford observer articles to find that. the buckley sale was different, malky actually was not a huge fan of buckley. will had a purple patch in december with 7 great games, but the rest of the season was very sub par. he got substituted 29 times of something from his 35 appearances. i know for a fact malky was fine with 1m so long as some of it goes towards transfers.

i honestly from the bottom of my heart dont think malky will resign. throughout his time with us he has been very respectful to the club and our traditions and appreciates the fact that we gave him a chance. i also really doubt that he would openly express a desire to leave, i would hope that he has more respect for us than that.

with the chairman i trust GT implicitly. however the new owner is a guy called bassini. bit of a shady past but so far he has done absolutely nothing wrong in his dealings with the club. if malky has told him that he wants to go then he has probably said ok but let us get the best deal possible. however from the statement released by the club it sounds a bit more like a big FARK OFF to cardiff. i expect that a better compo deal will be offered, but if bassini really wants to win fans over all he has to do is reject it and back mackay for the coming season.

if i were you i would not put any more money just on case a compo deal cannot be reached. in my honest opinion there is no way malky would resign, but i have been wrong about stuff in the past.

im also hearing the compo offer this time round was 600k.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 am

Well we will see...I am not bothered either way....We had over 20 managers asking us for the job....perhaps the club may return to them rather than looking at people like Shearer and Mackay who are already in employment.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am

CHEERS HORNET :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:55 am

milly44 wrote:CHEERS HORNET :ayatollah:

no problem, its all become a bit of a farce really. didnt realise you had DJ for so long, maybe you've forgotten how to appoint a manager? :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:57 am

There is nobody in the club that knows how to do it, let alone forget how to do it.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

hornet_fan wrote:
milly44 wrote:CHEERS HORNET :ayatollah:

no problem, its all become a bit of a farce really. didnt realise you had DJ for so long, maybe you've forgotten how to appoint a manager? :D

all got a bit stale under DJ to say i wasnt a fan is an understatement.
i still think we will get MM but if we dont then god knows.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

I'm hearing from a guy that played with Malky at Queens Park that he was indeed annoyed about the sale of Buckley and that while he felt the sale of Graham was inevitable, it should have been a higher fee than they bargained for. Mackay was told he'd be backed to build a team that would go onto challenge and then lost two of his first team squad in a matter of days and not to biger clubs.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Hornet, i have just had a call to say that the deal for MM is defo going ahead, and he will 100% be the next manager at Cardiff. :roll: (who knows) :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 pm

PtB wrote:I'm hearing from a guy that played with Malky at Queens Park that he was indeed annoyed about the sale of Buckley and that while he felt the sale of Graham was inevitable, it should have been a higher fee than they bargained for. Mackay was told he'd be backed to build a team that would go onto challenge and then lost two of his first team squad in a matter of days and not to biger clubs.

i think your source needs to check again then mate.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
PtB wrote:I'm hearing from a guy that played with Malky at Queens Park that he was indeed annoyed about the sale of Buckley and that while he felt the sale of Graham was inevitable, it should have been a higher fee than they bargained for. Mackay was told he'd be backed to build a team that would go onto challenge and then lost two of his first team squad in a matter of days and not to biger clubs.

i think your source needs to check again then mate.

My sourse is pretty sound. He's known Malky for over 20 years.
He wasn't expecting a big sum of money tospend, just more backing than he feels he's had and backing that he thinks he could get elsewhere.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

milly44 wrote:Hornet, i have just had a call to say that the deal for MM is defo going ahead, and he will 100% be the next manager at Cardiff. :roll: (who knows) :lol:

so that means that there will be another approach then?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
milly44 wrote:Hornet, i have just had a call to say that the deal for MM is defo going ahead, and he will 100% be the next manager at Cardiff. :roll: (who knows) :lol:

I guess so, if correct.
Watford holding out for more money, who can blame them really.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm

hornet_fan wrote:

just signed a new 3 year aint he hornet - whats the worth of that contract any idea?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm

milly44 wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

I guess so, if correct.
Watford holding out for more money, who can blame them really.

i wont mind if we get a fair bit of cash. would be some unexpected money that can go into the warchest for next season. i expect that we will find another young cheap manager to replace him. happy days. :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:30 pm

If you do lose MM - who would you like to see come in and take charge at Vic ?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Daya wrote:just signed a new 3 year aint he hornet - whats the worth of that contract any idea?

no idea. im reckoning he is probably on around 150k a year or something similar. wont be too much. as far as im aware though, the offer we have rejected is beyond the 500k compo mark. we got 1m from brendan rodgers who was on a 1m 12 month rolling contract, so i think most watford fans would expect as much for malkys three year deal.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Merlin wrote:If you do lose MM - who would you like to see come in and take charge at Vic ?

no-one in particular. just someone with passion and a desire to do well. will probably be an untested manager, we like to take risks and play things on the edge. give him a 12 month rolling contract and see how things progress.

if i would like to see someone, i would think nigel gibbs assistant manager at reading fits that role. doubt it though, im still not convinced we have lost malky lol.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:36 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Merlin wrote:If you do lose MM - who would you like to see come in and take charge at Vic ?

no-one in particular. just someone with passion and a desire to do well. will probably be an untested manager, we like to take risks and play things on the edge. give him a 12 month rolling contract and see how things progress.

if i would like to see someone, i would think nigel gibbs assistant manager at reading fits that role. doubt it though, im still not convinced we have lost malky lol.

what about alan shearer?? :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:47 pm

hornet_fan wrote:

So why do you think that it was widely reported and it seems accepted that £300k was the fee in compenstation that Watford would accept? I thnk that people are being extremelly naive, if they think that these figures are not included in black and white within a managers contract, so as to avoid any ambiguity, when a situation like this arises.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

So why do you think that it was widely reported and it seems accepted that £300k was the fee in compenstation that Watford would accept? I thnk that people are being extremelly naive, if they think that these figures are not included in black and white within a managers contract, so as to avoid any ambiguity, when a situation like this arises.

because i know better. people obviously had not done their research very well if they expected watford to sell our manager for 300k.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:what about alan shearer?? :lol:

haha no thanks. he couldnt organise a piss-up in a brewery let alone a football team. i think you've dodged a bullet there.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:00 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:what about alan shearer?? :lol:

haha no thanks. he couldnt organise a piss-up in a brewery let alone a football team. i think you've dodged a bullet there.

:lol: my heart sank when i read about it last night. was like a bad dream!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Passionate manager, with the desire to do well, and do different things... Can I interest you in Mr Dave Jones? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Gump wrote:Passionate manager, with the desire to do well, and do different things... Can I interest you in Mr Dave Jones? :ayatollah:

most definitely not. im not sure we would be able to afford him for much more than a month lol.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Gump wrote:Passionate manager, with the desire to do well, and do different things... Can I interest you in Mr Dave Jones? :ayatollah:

most definitely not. im not sure we would be able to afford him for much more than a month lol.

And you'd always be told that people " in your part of the world" have too much expectation of success.

:lol: