Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Mackay: Rubbish apointment

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Midfield general wrote:Don't get me wrong I will give him my support but this has 'cheap' and 'lack of contacts' written all over it. I don't expect us to make the play-offs because he has too big a job on his hands.

I see your in a very positive mood this afternoon. :cry:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Midfield general wrote:Don't get me wrong I will give him my support but this has 'cheap' and 'lack of contacts' written all over it. I don't expect us to make the play-offs because he has too big a job on his hands.

couldnt disagree anymore if i tried.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 pm

i think he`d make a great manager for us and as a player got promoted out of this league 3 times with 3 different clubs, so he would know 100% what a team needs to have to get out of the championship!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:20 pm

What planet u on mate, he's coming to cardiff city not real madrid!! not long ago we were having 3k crowds! I for one see this as a chance to change the culture of our club, i dont want to see players like bowyer come down to cardiff on big wages to finish their career. i'd much rather see young hungry players busting a gut for the shirt. malky has proved he's got an eye for a player and the watford players loved him, i'd love to have him as manager

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Bloody hell, I wouldn't fancy being in the trenches with you :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm

What planet u on mate, he's coming to cardiff city not real madrid!! not long ago we were having 3k crowds! I for one see this as a chance to change the culture of our club, i dont want to see players like bowyer come down to cardiff on big wages to finish their career. i'd much rather see young hungry players busting a gut for the shirt. malky has proved he's got an eye for a player and the watford players loved him, i'd love to have him as manager

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:25 pm

Every post that he puts up is very negative and critical of the club. At times I get the impression he wishes ill on the club.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:26 pm

as tony pulis once said forget money etc to get out of the championship you just need a team to turn up every week

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Mtold him these things and had nothing but positives to say about mackayate i dont want to come across as in the know cos i'm certainly not but one of my mates played with john eustace and eustace

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Sorry bout the last post its this fecking phone! What was saying was my mate knows john eustace as he used to play in the same team as him and eustace said hes an excellent manager and had nothing but good to say about him

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 pm

For me, there seems to be a simple solution to the supposed problems posed by know all fuckers like you. Invest heavily in the club and then you will get to have your say on the decision making processes - and have valid reason to express your views. Indeed,I for one would welcome it.

But until that moment I'd be happier if you just shut the f**k up with all your negative shitstirring and let the people running our club do just that.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm

"I will give him my support but here's why he's rubbish" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The club were will to pay Alan Shearer £1mil to come here, yet you view another appointment as cost cutting hmm... You say he will have your support, for how long I bet if we lose the first game of the season you'll want him out straight away.

MM is Bellamy's choice, I trust Bellamy.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:51 pm

1) Still basically what you said.

2) baseless claim about Shearer no credibility (this probs counts towards me too though, neither of us know the ins and outs of his potential contract).

3) Ignore part about Bellamy.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Ask some of the watford fans on here what they think of john eustace, i think u'll find he's a model pro so ur jay bothroyd analogy falls down mate. anyway u seem to have ur mind made up so i'll move on

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Midfield general wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:

For me, there seems to be a simple solution to the supposed problems posed by know all fuckers like you. Invest heavily in the club and then you will get to have your say on the decision making processes - and have valid reason to express your views. Indeed,I for one would welcome it.

But until that moment I'd be happier if you just shut the f**k up with all your negative shitstirring and let the people running our club do just that.

I thought forums like this value different opinions so if you don't like my opinion then lets have a contrustive against against it rather than verbal abuse. :roll:

No probs.

Has Mackay been appointed? News to me. He may be, he may not. Yet you still see fit to describe it as a "rubbish appointment". Would appear to me that he did a decent job at Watford with resources which were nothing like the ones available to us. The compensation that Watford would be eligible for due to his recent 3 1/2 year contract extension would also rule out your "cheap" arguement.

As for his "lack of contacts", I've no idea. I've long since given up on being a stalker of his and am no longer allowed within 500yds of him due to that over-reactive judge. But I do know that he's been around for years at this level and above, gained promotion from this division a number of times and represented his country in the not too distant past - so I'd assume that he knew a few people, yes. Unless you know differently of course.

Cardiff is a big job, no arguement there. Is he the right man to do it, truth is you or I don't know for certain. But what is certain is its not our decision and we have to trust the people in charge to make the correct decision - not just gripe at something that may not even happen.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm

milly44 wrote:

couldnt disagree anymore if i tried.

I must say, I have to agree with . . . . . . . . .

Milly of course.

Mackay will be a fantastic appointment for us.

Interesting perspective though
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Midfield general wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote: The compensation that Watford would be eligible for due to his recent 3 1/2 year contract extension would also rule out your "cheap" arguement.

So how much do you think we will pay out for Mackays services then..? and whatever price we would need to pay would have been wiped out had Mackay not been in work (eg resigned from watford first) but no the CCFC board don't do things the right way and hense why we will most prob pay an amount in compo.

So you want Mackay to resign from Watford so he has a chance at the Cardiff job? :lol:

We'd also then need to offer him either higher wages than he was on or longer than the period he was contracted for to make it worth his while.

If you want a manager who is already employed by another club you'll have to either pay up for him to settle his contract or compensation to his club.

As I said, it rules out your "cheap" arguement.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Alan Shearer would of been great.

Everyone would of been over the moon if he was just able to match what Roy Keane and Bobby Robson did.

But I would be pleased if we got Mackay.

Everton took the cheap route and many say they have got the best manager outside the top 4.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:a reported £160,000 a year wage plus 'maybe' around £100,000 compo still in my book is 'cheap' and £260,000 for the first year and then £160,000 for every other year compared to the wages other Championship managers are on is 'cheap'.

You think Watford would accept £100k compensation for the time he has left on his contract - after signing a 3 1/2 year extension not so long ago. Aye, right you are.

What was Brendan Rodgers on for instance last year btw? Was that a cheap option as well? You could probably add Paul Lambert to that as well - and I'm sure the compo Norwich paid to Colchester would have been described by their fans as a cheap option :roll:

You've completely dismissed a guy before he's even been appointed ffs. We can be a negative bunch "in this part of the world" to coin a recent managers phrase - but you really take the biscuit with this one.

Lets let the new manager (whoever it is) put his arse on the managers seat before having a go at him eh?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Bellamy's preference :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Watford fan seemed to think they has turned down 600k comp, hardly cheap.