Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SRI LANKA - THE KILLING FIELDS

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:40 pm

I WATCHED THIS PROGRAMME ON CHANNEL 4 LAST NIGHT AND WAS SHOCKED THAT THIS WENT ON AND WE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO STOP IT! .... AND JUST TO THINK WE ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING CRICKET AGAINST THEM THIS WEEK! ... BEWARE CAUSE THE LINK FEATURES REAL EXECUTIONS AND PICTURES OF DEAD WOMEN AND CHILDREN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XADVagA2 ... verified=1

Re: SRI LANKA - THE KILLING FIELDS

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:46 pm

AHERNE wrote:I WATCHED THIS PROGRAMME ON CHANNEL 4 LAST NIGHT AND WAS SHOCKED THAT THIS WENT ON AND WE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO STOP IT! .... AND JUST TO THINK WE ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING CRICKET AGAINST THEM THIS WEEK! ... BEWARE CAUSE THE LINK FEATURES REAL EXECUTIONS AND PICTURES OF DEAD WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

I won't watch it AHERNE, as I like to walk on the sunny side of the street mate.

It does illustrate though ,that this country chooses it's battles very carefully, normally only if oil is involved. :cry:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:54 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
AHERNE wrote:I WATCHED THIS PROGRAMME ON CHANNEL 4 LAST NIGHT AND WAS SHOCKED THAT THIS WENT ON AND WE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO STOP IT! .... AND JUST TO THINK WE ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING CRICKET AGAINST THEM THIS WEEK! ... BEWARE CAUSE THE LINK FEATURES REAL EXECUTIONS AND PICTURES OF DEAD WOMEN AND CHILDREN!

I won't watch it AHERNE, as I like to walk on the sunny side of the street mate.

It does illustrate though ,that this country chooses it's battles very carefully, normally only if oil is involved. :cry:

i was going to mention the oil myself alfie ..... makes my blood boil how we "USE" our soldiers the way we do! ... its ok for poor countries to kill one another AS we see on the news every few years, but as soon as the slightest trouble happens in countries like libya we jump straight in! .... its beyond! ... and i dont blame you for not watching cause it one of those that sticks around in the mind for a few days/weeks!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Just watched it & it disturbed me to be honest. How the army could just shell hospitals & areas that civilians were camped in is unbelievable .The UN left them to be slaughtered :!:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:16 pm

havent watched it yet got it on sky plus, i was looking to go there on holiday some time. as it looks nice there, :roll:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:18 pm

It's available on 4 on demand (on your computer)

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Very sad documentary. And truly shocking.
Shame our country is wasting its time in Afghan, perhaps they could have seen to Sri Lanka.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 pm

And some on here are getting VERY WOUND UP about our potential new manager. Puts things in to perspective really. I don't think i will watch it as this kind of thing makes me so angry and just leaves me with a massive sense of helplessness. God help the victims of these attrocities !!!

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:57 pm

This country and the UN knew exactly what was going on but were`nt "with" the Tamil Tigers.Politics is a dirty business.
And yes,football pales into insignificance when confronted with scenes from that programme.
On a personal note,what happened was appalling but affected me in no way whatsoever and I slept like a log.I get more upset at cruelty to animals.Don`t know why,though.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 pm

and we play football with the germans,every country has a shameful past or present,it so sad to think what humans are capable of :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:19 pm

britain and the usa, will only argue, fight, or start a war . where oil is concerned, :roll: they dont give a shit about anybody else,

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 pm

ninianblue wrote:britain and the usa, will only argue, fight, or start a war . where oil is concerned, :roll: they dont give a shit about anybody else,

this is modern war,and this is the future as minerals run out :( :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:38 pm

abf9 wrote:This country and the UN knew exactly what was going on but were`nt "with" the Tamil Tigers.Politics is a dirty business.
And yes,football pales into insignificance when confronted with scenes from that programme.
On a personal note,what happened was appalling but affected me in no way whatsoever and I slept like a log.I get more upset at cruelty to animals.Don`t know why,though.

I'm exactly the same. I think it must be the fact that animals are so undemanding, and don't really have the potential to be greedy evil bastards. Unfortunately, all people have the potential to be: just depends where 'the dice' roll.

Saying that, what has happened to the Tamils in in Sri Lanka disgusts me, as doesn the Palestinians treatment by the Israelis. No matter what the differences are politically, religously or ethnically, it just shows a subhuman streak when violence is used to metaphorically 'crush' people.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Not many countrys care , cos there is no oil there !

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Aherne it is all to common as was shown in my thread on the rape of Nanjing. All throughout time this has happened it happens now and it will still be happening in a hundred years.Humans are truly an awful species and mainly religion is used as an excuse. If there is a God what must he think or if he is all powerful as they say why did he make Humans this way.
But it is bang on the nail what others on this thread say and that Sri Lanka has no Oil .

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 pm

a bit like when bosnian muslims were rounded up in thousands and shot in fields..

gadaffi gets caught having a tit wank and its on BBC news