Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Earnie Is Pro Malky Mackay "

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Hmm Interesting. ;)

Rob Earnshaw backs Malky Mackay to be new Cardiff boss

Page last updated at 11:08 GMT, Tuesday, 14 June 2011 12:08 UK

Cardiff City record-breaker Rob Earnshaw has backed Malky Mackay to succeed Dave Jones as Bluebirds boss.

The Welsh club want to appoint a new manager this week and Watford's Mackay is the bookmakers' favourite ahead of Alan Shearer and Mark Robins.

Cardiff insist no managerial approaches have been made and interviews for the vacancy are ongoing.

Earnshaw said: "Mackay would be a good man to have, he is ambitious so I think he will want to take the club on."

Former Newcastle manager Chris Hughton, ex-West Bromwich Albion boss Roberto Di Matteo and St Johnstone supremo Derek McInnes are also believed to be on Cardiff's shortlist.

Bluebirds chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee arrived from Malaysia to complete the appointment with chief executive Gethin Jenkins and director Alan Whiteley, who have been leading the search for a new manager.

Cardiff, the defeated Championship play-off finalists in 2010, ended former boss Jones's six-year tenure on 30 May.

Despite Jones guiding the club to the play-offs he failed to achieve Premier League promotion as they lost to Reading in the semi-finals in the 2010/11 season.

And Nottingham Forest forward Earnshaw, a Cardiff cult hero after the 31-goal striker broke their scoring record during the 2002/03 season, believes Mackay could handle the expectation if the 39-year-old replaces Jones.

Continue reading the main story
Everybody has got to know the Cardiff support and how big the club is becoming
Striker Robert Earnshaw
"He will know all about Cardiff and what the expectation is, as his teams have played there," said the Wales international, who scored 105 goals in his seven years at Cardiff.

"He'll want to come in and do the right thing and take the club on.

"He is a good guy and I think he will do well. He will see the expectation around the club and I'm sure he'll want to fulfil that and take the club up.

"Everybody has got to know the Cardiff support and how big the club is becoming, I think he'll relish that.

"It is not about a big name or big reputation. I think everybody is bothered about [whether] someone wants to come in and take the club the right way and do the right thing."

Watford released a statement last week stating that "no official approach for the services" of their manager had been received.

Mackay replaced current Swansea City boss Brendan Rodgers in the Vicarage Road hotseat in June 2009 when Rodgers left for Reading.

And in his first managerial job Mackay has earned a reputation for playing competitive and attractive football on a modest budget.

He guided the Hornets to 14th in last season's Championship but Mackay did sign a three-and-a-half year contract extension in March, so Cardiff would have to pay compensation should they want to tempt Mackay to south Wales.

Re: Earnie Is Pro Malky Mackay

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 pm

castleblue wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13762293.stm

Hmm Interesting. ;)

he prob like us going mad going hurry up get him in, but for earnshaw it more like' come on get him in and sign me up ' :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:11 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

Hmm Interesting. ;)

he prob like us going mad going hurry up get him in, but for earnshaw it more like' come on get him in and sign me up ' :lol: :ayatollah:

Earnie doing a Yosser Hughes "Go on Malky I can do that Giz a job " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:13 pm

castleblue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Hmm Interesting. ;)

Earnie doing a Yosser Hughes "Go on Malky I can do that Giz a job " :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: " Earnie Is Pro Malky Mackay "

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 pm

we want earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Earnie Is Pro Malky Mackay "

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:43 pm

I want Earnie back!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: