Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Right now, there's only one realistic manager I want...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:31 pm

And that's Derek McInnes. He's young, hungry, enthusiastic, passionate, wants to come here and will relish the chance of jumping from the SPL to show us what he can do and how good he is. I really think he would bring in fresh ideas to take our club forward and he would be a much better appointment than Malky Mackay, as I think McInness would make us more solid and difficult to beat.

Mackay got Watford to score goals last season, but they also conceded loads of goals, they conceded 71 times last season, and the fact Watfod fans say he has no plan B and his substitutions fail to change the game shows he is far from the finished article. Also, I have been told Watford only won 4 of their last 21 games, they went on a bad run and Mackay couldn't turn their form around.

At St Johnston, McInnes has signed a tough tackling centre midfielder in Jody Morris and a commanding centre back in Michael Duberry, building a solid spine through his team. Plus as a tough tackling midfielder during his playing days, I think McInnes would improve our key weak areas and make a good ball winning midfielder a priority. If he can sign Jody Morris for St Johnston, imagine the type of tough tackling centre midfielder he could sign for us with a bigger budget to spend?

McInnes has also captained West Brom to promotion from the Championship during his playing days so he knows what the division is all about and he knows what's needed to succeed at this level. He has also taken St Johnston to the latter stages of cup competitions, getting to a semi final and a final, only to lose to one of the old firm.

McInnes has done a tremendous job at St Johnston and when the likes of Owen Coyle raves about his abilities saying it'll only be a matter of time before he moves to a bigger club, I think McInnes is the best candidate available for us.

Re: Right now, there's only one realistic manager I want...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:42 pm

I agree with you. He has been my favoured choice all along, although i would have liked to have seen Paul Tisdale in the frame. Is that you Scott or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:43 pm

was more for Di Matteo but hame come around to McInnes.

I think he'd be a cracking appointment.

But..

As has been seen with the Malaysians fawning over Alan f***ing Shearer, they want a bigger name than McInnes, sadly.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Connacht, my name isn't Scott mate, you must have me mixed up.

Nerd, it's a shame we are going for the "big name" yet again. Don't we ever learn our lesson? We don't want a big name, we need the right man for the job. Jose Mourinho never made it as a professional footballer and nobody knew who he was before he had his first spell as manager. This just puts things into perspective in my opinion.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Cheers mate. I used to stand next to Scott who was a St (Canton and previously Grange End). He is from tonteg and goes home and away with his dad clive. Thought your username was what he told me his was some time ago..oh well. However, I'm with you on the manager views. I would much prefer a lower key appointment and McInnes would be the man I would go for. all the best :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Connacht Bluebird wrote:Cheers mate. I used to stand next to Scott who was a St (Canton and previously Grange End). He is from tonteg and goes home and away with his dad clive. Thought your username was what he told me his was some time ago..oh well. However, I'm with you on the manager views. I would much prefer a lower key appointment and McInnes would be the man I would go for. all the best :ayatollah:

In that case I am Scott's brother and Clive is my father. My name is Ross, what's your name mate?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:07 pm

It's richy. I've missed talking to them this season. Moved to Ireland last summer. I might have seen you at a game but i don't recall. Give my best to Scott and Clive, used to really enjoy their company. Your father is a real gentleman.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Connacht Bluebird wrote:It's richy. I've missed talking to them this season. Moved to Ireland last summer. I might have seen you at a game but i don't recall. Give my best to Scott and Clive, used to really enjoy their company. Your father is a real gentleman.

Cheers Richy. I have a season ticket with my mates but I always go with my dad and brother to away games, so we may have seen each other before. My dad is a gentleman and I am lucky to have him. All the best to you in Ireland. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Connacht Bluebird wrote:I agree with you. He has been my favoured choice all along, although i would have liked to have seen Paul Tisdale in the frame. Is that you Scott or am I mixing you up with someone else?

think paul tisdale would be a cracking appointment... he likes to play nice football and as done pretty well with exeter...

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:34 pm

mcinnes was my choice from day one. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 pm

lets face it, were scrapping the bottom of the barrel? :roll: