Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just a rumour but......

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:49 pm

......supposedly Bassini really does want to keep Malky at Watford. Could be that the board are meeting to discuss ways for him to stay? Just rumours as I've said but did get from a journo at the Watford Observer as there is some wiggle room in our budget.

I've almost come round to the idea of you taking him and us getting someone new. 4 wins in 21 is great form and I think most clubs would normally be looking at sacking a manager who was getting those kind of results.

Re: Just a rumour but......

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 pm

hornet_fan wrote:......supposedly Bassini really does want to keep Malky at Watford. Could be that the board are meeting to discuss ways for him to stay? Just rumours as I've said but did get from a journo at the Watford Observer as there is some wiggle room in our budget.

I've almost come round to the idea of you taking him and us getting someone new. 4 wins in 21 is great form and I think most clubs would normally be looking at sacking a manager who was getting those kind of results.

are you fans fed up with him or?

cuz i no 4 wins from 21 are fans would be tamping :lol: to put it in a clean way :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:are you fans fed up with him or?

cuz i no 4 wins from 21 are fans would be tamping :lol: to put it in a clean way :lol:

well to be honest i hadnt thought of it at all until earlier this morning, mainly as im amazed we are still in the division. but we did so appalling in the second half of the season, completely crashed and burned after christmas. i think many other clubs would have lost patience. i reckon the only reason that we did not was because of the new three year contract.

still i think Bassini may be keen to keep him as he wants the supporters backing. the support in general likes Malky. just something this journo said when I said looks like he is on his way then and he said not at all and mentioned what i have said above.

not sure how i feel about the whole thing now.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:57 pm

I just want it to all be sorted one way or another, this is worse than a story line in eastenders :?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:58 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:are you fans fed up with him or?

well to be honest i hadnt thought of it at all until earlier this morning, mainly as im amazed we are still in the division. but we did so appalling in the second half of the season, completely crashed and burned after christmas. i think many other clubs would have lost patience. i reckon the only reason that we did not was because of the new three year contract.

still i think Bassini may be keen to keep him as he wants the supporters backing. the support in general likes Malky. just something this journo said when I said looks like he is on his way then and he said not at all and mentioned what i have said above.

not sure how i feel about the whole thing now.

i just want it sorted for both clubs really both can move on then

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:01 pm

just look at Brendan Rogers before he joined the jacks :D

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:15 pm

hornet_fan wrote:......supposedly Bassini really does want to keep Malky at Watford. Could be that the board are meeting to discuss ways for him to stay? Just rumours as I've said but did get from a journo at the Watford Observer as there is some wiggle room in our budget.

I think Malky did a great job for you guys and im not surprised in the slightest that the board will try and do all they can to keep him. You obviously tailed off towards the end of the season, but with a young, inexperienced side i would have thought that would have been inevitable.

I would gladly have Malky at Cardiff and i cant see anything other than him being Cardiff manager within the next 48 hrs. Saying that though i could be completely wrong :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:20 pm

f**k me yuove changed your tune :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 pm

hornet fan. why. would we want him. i dont know anything about him. why would you not want to loose him as your manager? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Tailed off after Christmas? Watford looked OK on the 28th December :( :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Tailed off after Christmas? Watford looked OK on the 28th December :( :ayatollah:

Ha ha, i chose to forget about that result. :lol: