Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bellers doing himself and us proud

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 pm

http://www.sierraexpressmedia.com/archives/25087

In Sierra Leone with his foundation :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Page added on June 15, 2011

By: | Sports | Comment Feed: RSS 2.0 Print This Post
Craig Bellamy checks in Freetown

By: SEM on June 15, 2011.
Sierra Express Sports learnt that, the Welsh international is on a working visit to Sierra Leone to monitor his football academy project, Craig Bellamy Foundation Academy, he established a short while ago.

The football academy is located at Tombo village in the urban district of the Western Area, about 30 kilometres from Freetown and it is set up to help improve Sierra Leone football at grass root level.

The 31-year old landed in Freetown on Friday night and is expected to spend ten days in Sierra Leone.

Several activities have been lined-up for the former captain of the Welsh senior national team.

He was the chief guest at the finals of both the Bellamy Under-12 &14 leagues in Freetown last Saturday. Sierra Rangers won the under-12 category final by defeating Ibrahim FC 4-3 on penalties after 1-1 at regular time. Promising Stars won the Under-14 category final beating Ibrahim FC 4-1.

The Manchester City striker who has just ended a one year loan spell with the club in his home town Cardiff City is also scheduled to attend the grand finale of the Bellamy league for Girls in Makeni on Sunday.

On Monday, he will meet with the parents of the boys playing in his league in Bo, Sierra Leone’s second city after Freetown, and will also visit their respective schools.

From Tuesday to Friday, he’ll coach the 17 boys presently at his academy and will be the guest of honour of the 2nd edition of the Bellamy Challenge Cup involving six teams taking place at the pitch of the academy in Tombo.

The Bellamy Aacademy, which started functioning September 2010, is the first professional football academy in Sierra Leone.

This is the fourth time the former Norwich City, Coventry City, Newcastle United, Celtic, Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool striker is visiting Sierra Leone.

Re: bellers doing himself and us proud

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:51 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A BORN LEADER and A CARING PERSON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:53 pm

well done bellers :ayatollah: a true patron :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:56 pm

LEGEND

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said Annis. Bellamy gets a shit press and although he is hotheaded he looks after his own and when my Tommy was mascot he was genuinly nice with the kids. I hope he returns to CCFC.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:32 pm

well done bellars :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 pm

I know quite a few Welsh men of which im honoured , Craig epitomises what being Welsh is all about honest , passionate , proud and determined to do the best in everything he does . Craig started the foundation discreetly he didnt need any pr guru to make a fuss bout how much good hes doing in Sierra Leone , instead he just got on with the job ahead of him . If Bellers was the Beckham type he'd had Max Clifford and Co standing at Freetown Airport with every media person they could find around him , but thankfully hes just Craig Bellamy Cardiff / Wales boy money cant buy or change that . Cardiff and Wales should be proud to have a son like him . If he was English he'd be Knighted . Theres only 1 Craig Bellamy . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 pm

clintysablue wrote:I know quite a few Welsh men of which im honoured , Craig epitomises what being Welsh is all about honest , passionate , proud and determined to do the best in everything he does . Craig started the foundation discreetly he didnt need any pr guru to make a fuss bout how much good hes doing in Sierra Leone , instead he just got on with the job ahead of him . If Bellers was the Beckham type he'd had Max Clifford and Co standing at Freetown Airport with every media person they could find around him , but thankfully hes just Craig Bellamy Cardiff / Wales boy money cant buy or change that . Cardiff and Wales should be proud to have a son like him . If he was English he'd be Knighted . Theres only 1 Craig Bellamy . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

spot on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:05 pm

You can also donate towards his foundation http://www.justgiving.com/theCraigBellamyFoundation

Maybe he can scout out some tallent there :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 pm

top job bellers...

would luv to see you back at the ccs next season!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Bellers is like another great Cardiff boy i met a few years back David " The Bish " Bishop , no half measures with this man . Like Craig hes proud passonate and determined whatever he does , i'd be proud if these 2 Greats were Irish sadly for me theyre Welsh but great people . Nothing surprises me with Bellers regarding his kindness towards others ive seen at 1st hand when he came to Ireland how he had time for everyone he met unlike the demon some of the English media portray him to be . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Bellers does all this with no publicity or self interest, class. So unfair that the only "press" he receives is negative stuff about nights out

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:04 pm

TH63 wrote:Bellers does all this with no publicity or self interest, class. So unfair that the only "press" he receives is negative stuff about nights out

Correct TH63" - Good post :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Bellers is an inspiration to us all!

I really do hope he is playing for us again next season! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: