Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why not lennie lawrence

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:56 pm

why not ?

Re: Why not lennie lawrence

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Mayonaise wrote:why not ?

Funny you should say that, TG has discussed with Lennie about being Director of Football for us.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Funny you should say that, TG has discussed with Lennie about being Director of Football for us.

that would be a good appointment but just as DOF

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 pm

omg. i give up :cry:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 pm

cant see why not to be honest Annis didnt he not do a bad job for us last time ?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Mayonaise wrote:cant see why not to be honest Annis didnt he not do a bad job for us last time ?

He knows his football, good contacts in the game and has quite a good CV. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 pm

whhhat? we finished 6th under lennie and only made the playoffs on goal difference. this was with one of the best squads that division has seen with the likes of Thorne, Kav, Earnie, Gabbidon etc.. my god no.. Mr. Burns can stay in his office

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:11 pm

look wot happened when bristol rovers got rid of him they went down , he went to palace to help dougie freedman out when they were on the bones of their arse and they end up staying up DOF at cardiff and he will bring Earnie home as well cant see any argument against to be honest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:15 pm

AS a manager he was really readable

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Lennie is a huge no for me, I blame him for wasting a lot of Sams debt on silly pointless signings.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:38 pm

If City appointed Lawrence that would be a downward spiral imo.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 pm

as a DOF i think thats a good call

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Andy Campbell...... ONE Million........ English Pounds....... Case Closed...... :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Kanester wrote:Andy Campbell...... ONE Million........ English Pounds....... Case Closed...... :lol:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 pm

He s :ayatollah: till took us up to the championship

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Taxi for Mayonaise :?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Lennie was the last manager to win us promotion :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:16 pm

if hes your ambition of a manager that can take us up to the next level. then we really are in trouble

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:51 am

Has DOF we cant go wrong :ayatollah: Mackay hasn't exactly got an abundance of experience so with Lennie upstairs we'd be onto a winner :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 am

Kanester wrote:Andy Campbell...... ONE Million........ English Pounds....... Case Closed...... :lol:

Andy Campbell... scored virtually a goal a game on loan when played up front...

Andy Campbell... bought to replace Earnie... except Earnie wasn't sold that summer...

Andy Campbell... confidence player destroyed by being played sparingly as a left winger...

Was he worth 900k? No. Sam santioned massively overpriced signings. That's a given. Was he as bad a player as the vast majority would like to make out? Not even close.