gabby on a free?

Re: Gabbidon

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:25 am

yeah.

I think he'd want to come as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just need to get a manager sorted first

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 am

I'd love him back but will just be another Riggot with how injury prone he's become ... might just be a waste of wages

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 am

Midfield general wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:yeah.

You want Gabbidon back yet think Beckham isn't good enough for the Championship!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

^^^^^^^This :oops:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 am

i would love gabbs and earnie and bellamy back... you will not get a more passionate team than a team full of welshmen !!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:44 am

Midfield general wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:yeah.

You want Gabbidon back yet think Beckham isn't good enough for the Championship!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where has Gabbidon been playing the last couple of years?

Where has Beckham been playing?

West Ham > LA Galaxy.

I dont care if Beckham played for Milan, anyone with 10% stamina can play in that pathetic league because its so slow and its getting worse and worse anyway.

Inter got smashed by Schalke. AC got done over by Spurs, yes 4th place Spurs. The league is abysmal. The players are slow, sit back, give you time on the ball. You could basically have dinner whilst playing its that pathetically slow. There is no pressure on the ball to retrieve it back like in the Premiership or like Barcelona and Madrid do.

Anyone who thinks Beckham would cope is living in a dream world and hasn't watched him for LA Galaxy. The man who gets done quite a lot by nobodies and young American players who'll never ever make it anywhere other than in the MLS.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 am

WOULD LOVE EARNSHAW AND BELLAMY BACK BUT GABBS IS ALWAYS INJURED BUT WOULD TAKE HIM ON PAY AS YOU PLAY DEAL.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:50 am

Gabbidon has played quite a lot in recent years aswell hasn't he? :roll:

I think you have dug deep enough. there is a handful of teams who wouldnt want beckham.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 am

I think he could play in most premier league teams easy.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:56 am

Midfield general wrote:
Sorry but didn't Inter win the European Cup just last year and the last time an English team won it was 2008!!!

Yes they did with Mourinho as manager. They also won the league easily then. Since then, the teams in that league have suffered immensely and have become very very poor.

The only reason they did so well was because Jose implemented a strict defensive strategy and then had fast and creative players on the break. The same players under a different manager haven't really done much to be honest. Jose was instrumental to their success.

Also, the fact you say ' the last team an English team won it is 2008' is laughable.

In 2005, Liverpool won it.
In 2006, Arsenal were in the final.
In 2007, Liverpool were in the final.
In 2008, Man Utd won it
In 2009, Man Utd were in the final.
In 2010, Inter won it
In 2011, Man Utd were in the final.

Most of the English teams got beat in the final by Barcelona, possibly the greatest footballing team EVER!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 am

I'd love Gabbidon back but I'm not sure defence is a priority. We already have Keinan, SuperKev, Hudson, Gerrard, Quinn, Blake without even mentioning Naylor !!

The priority must be upfront and CM, if there's any money left after that then perhaps we could look at Gabbs :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am

Midfield general wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote: the fact you say ' the last team an English team won it is 2008' is laughable.

Sorry but thats FACT!!!!! I rest my case with you

Yes its a fact but English teams have been in 5 of the last 6 finals and in 3 cases beat by Barcelona. One final was all English.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:05 am

chopper1973 wrote:WOULD LOVE EARNSHAW AND BELLAMY BACK BUT GABBS IS ALWAYS INJURED BUT WOULD TAKE HIM ON PAY AS YOU PLAY DEAL.

I think he played a most of last season

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:21 am

boxerbob wrote:
chopper1973 wrote:WOULD LOVE EARNSHAW AND BELLAMY BACK BUT GABBS IS ALWAYS INJURED BUT WOULD TAKE HIM ON PAY AS YOU PLAY DEAL.

I think he played a most of last season

he did, i love how people here he is always injurd and other peoples moans and rumours when he has been fine for ages now.

id have him back straight away, lots of defenders already or not. players of his quality on his day will not be free for long !!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 am

seen gabbidons mother last month she said he wants to come home to cwmbran and play for the city would have come to us in january but west ham said no :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Gabby and Earnie back.

Just like the good days :ayatollah:

Where is Rhys Weston? :lol: