Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay's Resignation

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:48 am

Yes Malky has offered his resignation but it remains unclear whether Watford have accepted.

Maybe there is something official out which I have not seen but I wonder if watford will just accept his resignation after saying they will hold a full board meeting to discuss Cardiff's approach. With two of the board on holiday this is the reason I raise the point.

Offering a resignation and having it accepted are miles apart.

It has not been unknown for managers to be put on gardening leave.

I hope it gets dealt with quickly and we can move on, one way or another.

Re: Malky Mackay's Resignation

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 am

THANKS CARL SO THIS COULD DRAG ON FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR SO THEN .

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 am

Something must have been said between him and board, if city have given them a deadline and MM thinks watford will f**k it up for him, hes going to resign.......football world is mad, a manager can get sacked willy nilly, yet a manager cant leave if he wants...sux ass!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:52 am

Carl

What do u think is the difference to the Alex Mcleish / Birmingham / Aston Villa situation cos it looks very similar to me?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 am

Could be a similar situation to Alex McLeish.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Something must have been said between him and board, if city have given them a deadline and MM thinks watford will f**k it up for him, hes going to resign.......football world is mad, a manager can get sacked willy nilly, yet a manager cant leave if he wants...sux ass!!

contracts exist not only to protect the manager but also to protect the club.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 am

I just hope Mackay comes to Cardiff and not do a last minute bail out to Birmingham ??

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:55 am

carlccfc wrote:Offering a resignation and having it accepted are miles apart.

not in law they are not. it all depends on what is in the Ts and Cs of MM's contract. if it says he has to give a months notice in writing then thats what MM has to do. you do not need acceptance by your employer to terminate a contract of employment, you just need to adhere to the employment contract terms regarding termination.

a bit of a non story really, if he has resigend, there is not a lot Watford can do other than offer him a better deal.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:55 am

Ruislip Blue wrote:Carl

What do u think is the difference to the Alex Mcleish / Birmingham / Aston Villa situation cos it looks very similar to me?

The difference is its' 2 different clubs and a different manager. Other than McLeish also being scottish it's not similar at all.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I just hope Mackay comes to Cardiff and not do a last minute bail out to Birmingham ??

Can't see Birmingham taking a chance on him they will want a quick return to the Premiership & will look for someone that can do that

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am

Carl, it appears you've been lead to believe incorrect information.

BBC Ticker : Watford say manager Malky Mackay has been given permission to speak with Cardiff City

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 am

bornsurvivor wrote:
Ruislip Blue wrote:Carl

The difference is its' 2 different clubs and a different manager. Other than McLeish also being scottish it's not similar at all.

Thanks for your input

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:06 am

bornsurvivor wrote:Carl, it appears you've been lead to believe incorrect information.

BBC Ticker : Watford say manager Malky Mackay has been given permission to speak with Cardiff City

FFS WHERE DID I SAY I HAD BEEN GIVEN INFORMATION, I MADE AN OBSERVATION.

AM I NOT ALLOWED THAT ANYMORE ?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:06 am

bornsurvivor wrote:Carl, it appears you've been lead to believe incorrect information.

not really

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 am

carlccfc wrote:FFS WHERE DID I SAY I HAD BEEN GIVEN INFORMATION, I MADE AN OBSERVATION.

Your post said that "Yes Malky has offered his resignation". Doesn't look like an observation to me?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 am

bornsurvivor wrote:
carlccfc wrote:FFS WHERE DID I SAY I HAD BEEN GIVEN INFORMATION, I MADE AN OBSERVATION.

Your post said that "Yes Malky has offered his resignation". Doesn't look like an observation to me?

THE POINT IS WHETHER IT IS ACCEPTED, READ THE POST.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 am

bornsurvivor wrote:

Are you claiming he hasn't then ?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 am

Going on from T,s and C,s of cotract Mcleish was £5.4 million compo dropping to 3 million after july.Now i know thats Mcleish but i,m just trying to put across that,s the basis on how they work but obviously varying amounts of money.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 am

Seems awfully odd that media outlets start reporting he's resigned, then 1.5hrs later he's "given permission" to talk to CCFC.....i think he's forced their hands :D

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 am

carlccfc wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

I've absolutely no idea if he has or not. Are you claimimg he has?

It does appear though, through the BBC, that Watford have given Cardiff permission to speak to him.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 am

hornet_fan wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Something must have been said between him and board, if city have given them a deadline and MM thinks watford will f**k it up for him, hes going to resign.......football world is mad, a manager can get sacked willy nilly, yet a manager cant leave if he wants...sux ass!!

contracts exist not only to protect the manager but also to protect the club.

Whatever!! Come into the real world, matey....

Contracts in football exist merely as a source of goodwill and to enable the 'wronged' side to obtain appropriate compensation when the (I suppose) inevitable divorce occurs....

It's happening to you now and it's happened to us in the past when we, too, were a relatively insignificant club....

Best EVERYONE accepts the inevitable outcome and we can ALL move on in the interests of BOTH clubs....

I hear the Stevenage manager is being lined up at your end....??

No admission of defeat there then, eh?? :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 am

bornsurvivor wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

I've absolutely no idea if he has or not. Are you claimimg he has?

It does appear though, through the BBC, that Watford have given Cardiff permission to speak to him.

Read the post again and you may find the answer.

And whilst reading it see if you can think of a reason why Watford have now given Mackay permission to speak to us.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:23 am

He probably offered his resignation but Watford turned it down and instead gave him permission to speak to us.

They want some £££ out of it.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:24 am

During anything like this there is always a carnage few hours where there is confliction followed by a result, usually the most inevitable result, in this case Cardiff City have a new manager Malky Mackay.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 am

well its basically down to compo now, correct me if im wrong :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:36 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Malky Mackay
Malky Mackay
He likes Brains Beer
and He Loves Clarks Pies
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:38 am

As I have been told in the last 30 mins, Mackay only threatened resignation he did not hand his resignation in. Slight difference! Watford are happy to settle with agreed compensation, which is now the main subject of meetings & discussions. I still believe you will get your man by tomorrow evening.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 am

TOAO wrote:As I have been told in the last 30 mins, Mackay only threatened resignation he did not hand his resignation in. Slight difference! Watford are happy to settle with agreed compensation, which is now the main subject of meetings & discussions. I still believe you will get your man by tomorrow evening.

What is so promising is that Malky Mackay wants to come to Cardiff. Can't fault him for his efforts. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:48 am

hailesy wrote:
TOAO wrote:As I have been told in the last 30 mins, Mackay only threatened resignation he did not hand his resignation in. Slight difference! Watford are happy to settle with agreed compensation, which is now the main subject of meetings & discussions. I still believe you will get your man by tomorrow evening.

What is so promising is that Malky Mackay wants to come to Cardiff. Can't fault him for his efforts. :ayatollah:

Just saying on that other thread, very accurate bloke, knows what he's talking about by the looks of things, Carl's got some competition on this matter I'd say? ;)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:55 am

Merlin wrote:
hailesy wrote:

Just saying on that other thread, very accurate bloke, knows what he's talking about by the looks of things, Carl's got some competition on this matter I'd say? ;)

yea, true :ayatollah:

reveal yourself TOAO!