Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Darren Pratley

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:48 pm

I heard he's out of contract with the Jack's.

Would you take him? He's probably the only Jack player I've ever liked and I think he would bring alot to our Midfield.

Has all the attributes of a top class midfielder and shouldn't cost us too much in wages.

I still can't believe he struggled to get in the side towards the end of last season, box to box midfielder that's strong in defence and can score goals also!

How do you feel about this?

Re: Darren Pratley

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:49 pm

nope.

He's goin to bolton

Same as Bothroyd, Prately wouldn't join us.

YEP! sign him up :thumbup:

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:nope.

But why?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:50 pm

hes a very good player and im shocked the jacks let him go but theres no way he ll come here

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Well he's signed for Bolton Wanderers so we'd be struggling if we wanted him!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

12thMan wrote:

But why?

same reason why villa fans dont want mcleish, he plays for our biggest rivals.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
12thMan wrote:

But why?

I know mate but so did Andy Legg! The man ended up being a City legend!!!

Pratley doesn't come across as a prick either. Obviously if it was Britton, Tate or Monk then it would be different!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 pm

He'll end up at somewhere like Birmingham. Decent player, although Seyi Olifinjana run him ragged in February and I doubt he'd be cut out for the higher level

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:07 pm

I'd like him here. Excellent Championship player.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:19 pm

We didn't 'let him go'. He ran down his contract and is expected to sign for Bolton. You need to remember that you're a Championship club and can't compete for such players when there is Premier league interest.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:19 pm

We didn't 'let him go'. He ran down his contract and is expected to sign for Bolton. You need to remember that you're a Championship club and can't compete for such players when there is Premier league interest.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 pm

NJ73 wrote:We didn't 'let him go'. He ran down his contract and is expected to sign for Bolton. You need to remember that you're a Championship club and can't compete for such players when there is Premier league interest.

:roll:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:23 pm

he wouldnt come here but if he could i wouldnt think twice
he is the type of player we need

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:26 pm

NJ73 wrote:We didn't 'let him go'. He ran down his contract and is expected to sign for Bolton. You need to remember that you're a Championship club and can't compete for such players when there is Premier league interest.

Craig Bellamy?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 pm

CityGent wrote:

Craig Bellamy?

gent forget bout it, hes just trying to wind us up, pretty poor attempt, NJ you can do better than that ;)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Swim away.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:49 pm

A YES from me....

I've always stated he's the ONLY Jack I'd accept down here....

Could certainly 'do a job' for us....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:49 pm

And there was me thinking you might of actually respected some admiration shown towards one of your players. :roll:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:01 pm

NJ73 GO PLAY ON YOUR OWN SITE JACK b*stard

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
12thMan wrote:

But why?

how old are you dont you remember robbie james,alan curtis, jason bowen,andy legg all did their bit in the blue shirt even david penney :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm guessing some people don't remember that "swim away" celebration he did. I don't want any Jack b*stard here. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:19 pm

12thMan wrote:I heard he's out of contract with the Jack's.

Would you take him? He's probably the only Jack player I've ever liked and I think he would bring alot to our Midfield.

Has all the attributes of a top class midfielder and shouldn't cost us too much in wages.

I still can't believe he struggled to get in the side towards the end of last season, box to box midfielder that's strong in defence and can score goals also!

How do you feel about this?

I probably would, Leggy and Bowen made the change so why not? By the way, hi Chris!!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:47 pm

You mean like when Spurs and Everton and others wanted Bellers but he decided to sign for us?? You are such a wise person NJ73 obviously your new found superior premier league knowledge is far above us mere championship watching true loyal fans. By the way are you developing the first signs of alzheimer's disease as you posted that message 4 times.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Im not sure why it's even being debated :lol:

Pratley would never sign for you,and not because you are our 'supposed' [ :lol: ]rivals,but for the fact your a championship club and he's too good for you.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Bellamy joined you for sentimental reasons,nothing more.

Bet you don't see him next season :D