Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE "

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:19 am

Ive never had a personal fav just 1 or 2 who I didnt want ( Shearer was one ) ..... but I would back 100% whoever got the job . Im glad it is Mackay though coz unlike his predecessor he will give youth a chance and not sign has beens on freebies or loans plus maybe just maybe we will have a reserve team next season ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Was Mackay your first choice ? No mine was Chris Hughton.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes :ayatollah:

Why ? I feel Mackay is Ambitious, Young/Energetic, Enthusiastic, Attack minded with his team, has passion for the game :ayatollah:

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? 6th :ayatollah:

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I did say I wanted a Manager that was in employment, first choice Warnock (no chance when they kept him) 2nd Poyet, Malky from memory was third or fourth choice..........

Overall though I am happy to get him, every Manager is a gamble but fingers crossed...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 am

not my first choice but given the right backing think he could do an excellent job for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:16 am

again on this board we assume something before any confirmation - when will we learn?

Not saying he wont be appointed.

Break assume down makes as ASS - U - ME

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 am

tee jay wrote:again on this board we assume something before any confirmation - when will we learn?

Welcome :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:15 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
tee jay wrote:again on this board we assume something before any confirmation - when will we learn?

Welcome :ayatollah:[Thank ou]

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:Was Mackay your first choice ? Warnock was my first choice and MON second but both not possible

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes

Why ? Because he sets out his sides to attack and play with passion and to keep working until the final whistle think he will also improve the bond between Manager, Player and fans which was lacking under DJ

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? This is a difficult one because despite all his faults DJ give us two 4th place finishes and took us within 90 minutes of the Premiership. So to improve on this we need to finish at least 3rd and fight it out in the Play Offs again 3rd time lucky :roll: Honestly depends on what players we can get in but i would like to see a Top 6 finish and another shot at promotion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: [/color]

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes :ayatollah:

Why ? I feel Mackay is Ambitious, Young/Energetic, Enthusiastic, Attack minded with his team, has passion for the game :ayatollah:

mine was Di Matteo if im honest, but im definitely happy and cant wait for the new season now :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? No, mine was Roberto Di Matteo

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Absolutely ecstatic :D :ayatollah:

Why ? I thought Watford were the best team I saw last season, certainly the most entertaining.

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? I don't feel that this is overly important, I'm not expecting miracles, we've hardly got a squad at the moment and things take time. I wouldn't be surprised or even disappointed if we were no where near a promotion push and in that I include the play-offs. :|

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Never mind the position; let's hope the football is attractive. (Like the - spit - Jacks.)

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:58 pm

I just do not believe people who actually say that Mackay was their first choice - most people who I have mentioned him to, have never even heard of him.

I'm underwhelmed at such an unimaginative appointment but I really hope that it works out for him here and that he gets us up.

But I can't get excited about his appointment and neither can any of my friends or my kids! And that is normally a better barometer rather than over-excitable fans.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Happy :D

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? No Hughton was.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? No.

Why ? Watford played some good stuff last season but so did we under DJ but Mackey only won 4 of his last 22 games in charge with watford last season so for me he still has alot to prove.

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? I think we will finish out of the playoffs and we will all be calling for his head in jan.

Sorry guys hes only managed for 1 season and during that season like i said watford had some good spells but he only won 4 of his last 22 games in charge :?

Not good enough at all but i hope he proves me wrong :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:00 pm

thewelshfella wrote:Was Mackay your first choice ? No Hughton was.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? No.

Why ? Watford played some good stuff last season but so did we under DJ but Mackey only won 4 of his last 22 games in charge with watford last season so for me he still has alot to prove.

How do you expect us to do in his first Season ? I think we will finish out of the playoffs and we will all be calling for his head in jan.

Sorry guys hes only managed for 1 season and during that season like i said watford had some good spells but he only won 4 of his last 22 games in charge :?

I totally agree in Honesty and people saying their True Beliefs, I never knew he Only Won 4 out of his last 22 games.
But We have to give him our Full Support :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I totally agree in Honesty and people saying their True Beliefs, I never knew he Only Won 4 out of his last 22 games.

Thank alot annis

Dont want to come across to negative as this is a great day for our club but im not going to jump on the MM bandwagon like the others just yet.

But ive been a fan since i was a little boy and MM has my full support for the upcoming season :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 pm

thewelshfella wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thank alot annis

Dont want to come across to negative as this is a great day for our club but im not going to jump on the MM bandwagon like the others just yet.

But ive been a fan since i was a little boy and MM has my full support for the upcoming season :ayatollah:

Cheers, I Love reading Fans True Beliefs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:10 pm

No come back Jonesy all is forgiven, all dicks on here ccmb rules :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Hughton was my choice but Malky Mackay seems like he could be good for us in the long run, I feel that a realistic table finish is top ten at best, although depending which players he brings in and how he gels them as a team, we all could be pleasantly surprised and finish top six. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 pm

My personal choice was Lee Clark.

However I am happy with the appointment of Mackay, if we are in the top half I will be more than happy. Personally I havent seen any news of how much Mackay has to spend, I dont know if Bellamy is coming back and if im honest as it stands today. Were looking at a relegation battle.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Was Mackay your first choice ? I was secretly hoping for someone like Hughes or O'Neill but realistically I was hoping for either Di Matteo, Hughton and Mackay.

Are you happy Mackay was chosen, once your manager was out of the equation ? Yes, I feel that although the other candidates I would have probably preffered, Mackay is still very similar with a lot of potential, he's young, charismatic and a decent manager who seems to work well with a low budget and using youth.

And where we will be come half way, I'm not sure, with the new changes and supposed budget I'd be happy to see us in the play-offs :) :ayatollah: