Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Prestons new kit is nice lads

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:48 pm

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-kits/preston-north-end-2011-2012-puma-home-kit.html

Hopefully we get something along the lines of that on the official site. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Prestons new kit is nice lads

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Same design as the Burnley one isn't it ?

Agree though, looks quite tidy !

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Ours is going to be exactly the same as this one just the colours the other way around and white not yellow imo.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/ima ... hirt-a.jpg

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:06 pm

That bird is never going to get the fake tan out of that shirt.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm

I hate collars on football shirts :twisted:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:36 pm

Who cares about the kit, that girl on their is fit!!!!! :P

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:40 pm

griff105 wrote:That bird is never going to get the fake tan out of that shirt.

id get the girl out of the shirt though :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Look At The Leyton Orient Away kit that will be the same as our home kit

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Check this out, I live in merseyside and the blue on this kit is NOT going down well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:14 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Check this out, I live in merseyside and the blue on this kit is NOT going down well.

I know the liverpool fans are going mental, I have seen remade pictures of that same kit but with red on it rather than blue looks a lot better and more suitable to liverpool, why they have chosen blue for liverpool is shocking :o

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Have you seen Forests away kit it friggin Horrible http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/ ... y-kit.html

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:20 pm

looks like Ireland's rugby training top, certainly different....might be a grower.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Always loved barca's kits aswell as their football. The colour scheme is right up my street and I love the slim horizontal lining....the italic writing and silk look just top it off with class!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:52 pm

gabbs wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:Check this out, I live in merseyside and the blue on this kit is NOT going down well.

I know the liverpool fans are going mental, I have seen remade pictures of that same kit but with red on it rather than blue looks a lot better and more suitable to liverpool, why they have chosen blue for liverpool is shocking :o

liverpool wore blue on their shirts before everton. its barely the same bloody colour anyway.

its more man city. its cyan, not bloody straight up blue.

its a 120 year thing or something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Hold on. Liverpool's first-choice away kit is black. So why is this one being released ? I could understand it if they were in Europe, as they've always had an alternative away shirt to play in Europe even if the first-choice away kit clashed, but they're not :?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 pm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Hold on. Liverpool's first-choice away kit is black. So why is this one being released ? I could understand it if they were in Europe, as they've always had an alternative away shirt to play in Europe even if the first-choice away kit clashed, but they're not :?

If they play away, and the team they're playing plays in black at home, they use that strip instead. thats probably why the main colour, white, is used, as its completely opposite of their normal away kit.

I bet they'll play in it a few times anyway regardless just to use it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Its also interesting to see that we played in a similar strip.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Cardiff ... f_City.htm

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Hold on. Liverpool's first-choice away kit is black. So why is this one being released ? I could understand it if they were in Europe, as they've always had an alternative away shirt to play in Europe even if the first-choice away kit clashed, but they're not :?

If they play away, and the team they're playing plays in black at home, they use that strip instead. thats probably why the main colour, white, is used, as its completely opposite of their normal away kit.

I bet they'll play in it a few times anyway regardless just to use it :lol: :lol: :lol:

But why not use the red home strip then ? Every side that plays away from home normally wear their home kit but of course if it clashes it's the away.

The third kit (what was called on FIFA as the 'alternative kit' :lol: ) will only be used on rare occasions IMO. It's a very nice kit actually. But if the cyan was green it'd be OK !

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Look At The Leyton Orient Away kit that will be the same as our home kit

I'm not sure because orient's, burnley's and preston's kit all have that big collar with the double stripes at the top of the chest? only one other puma team is different so far and that is coventry's. maybe we will be the same as them because puma might be afraid there are too many similar kits in the football league? and us and coventry are both ccfc? :lol: who knows? that is my theory anyway haha :lol: this is coventry's new kit, scroll down to see the image on the web page! http://www.footballkitnews.com/1285/new ... -kit-1112/
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 pm

It's a real nice kit but i bet you're right, the blue isn't going down well lol :lol:
:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:But why not use the red home strip then ? Every side that plays away from home normally wear their home kit but of course if it clashes it's the away.

The third kit (what was called on FIFA as the 'alternative kit' :lol: ) will only be used on rare occasions IMO. It's a very nice kit actually. But if the cyan was green it'd be OK !

Obviously to get more money in.

Probably a marketing ploy by the new owners. Can't blame them with the links they have in the USA and the links to the sporting world and celebrities they have. They'll rake the cash in with that kit as its probably a one off due to the occasion.

yeah, FIFA alternative kit :lol: :ayatollah:

Yeah, I think they should have 'WE LOVE THE BLUEBIRDS' put in the blue in honour of what a great club we are and in a thank you for sacking Evertonian Jones

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
gabbs wrote:

liverpool wore blue on their shirts before everton. its barely the same bloody colour anyway.

its more man city. its cyan, not bloody straight up blue.

its a 120 year thing or something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

troller

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:12 am

Daya wrote:

troller

Daya, go to bed mate.