Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIDSDALE, KING OF SPIN

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:30 pm

Fair play to the man I am in awe of how he can handle and spin situations so he can't lose either way.This 5 year season ticket package for one instance. Now my take on this (correct me if I'm wrong)is it was a reward for the fans loyalty (yeh Ok your so kind)nothing to do with the cash flow problems and we need your money and we need it now.Big launch to the media and our two supporters groups,whose representatives at first thought it was a good idea (well spun at least).

When the Sh=t starts hitting the fan and the general fans consensus was, bad timing especially without the interest free options, supporters groups representatives make approaches to those in charge and are told the interest free options that we had last year could not be set up this year and I believed blamed the new computer system for not being able to set it up (yeh OK).

Demand is poor and out of the ten thousand projection, only three thousand take up the offer, suddenly HMRC revelations, whoops, that wasn't supposed to get into the public arena, panic amongst the masses. Fast forward to the fans crisis meeting set up by Annis.

During the off the floor question session, one of the fans brings up the non interest payment regarding the five year plan, quick as a flash PR says "leave it to me" and fair play it's up and running by net day.

So!!!!!!!! We have the first plan that fails miserably and only three thousand takers, but hey, that's three thousand up front full payments we've had seven months, yes seven months before the season starts. Now from what Corky says, PR had all ready asked and looked at re-inventing the interest free option the day before the meeting. We now have supporters groups thinking or at least feeling as if they helped to bring this decision about and the team work and pull together factor builds up.
We have 200+ people in an open meeting thinking "fair play to him, someone out of the audience just mentions it, and it's done next day and thinking to themselves at least he listens to the fans and we do have some say.

And deep down he's thinking "yes,3,000 up front and now it looks like at another five thousand people at least will pay one months up front instalment, JOB DONE, yeh. job done on us,and everyone thinks it was their idea and pats themselves on the back. The man is King of spin, just wish he could handle the finances as well as he can handle an angry mob. ;)

Re: RIDSDALE, KING OF SPIN

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Strange action after taking in" Millions" from TG. Good old Peter still spinning as fast as a tumble dryer.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 pm

I have to take my hat off to PR in the way he conducts himself but lets not forget he's had years of practice. Even before he joined Us, Barnsley, Leeds Utd he was one of the top men at Top Man (Dressed up as Burtons) no puns intended. This man is a "professional" in this line of work so meeting's in a social club are complete PR exercises and like water off a ducks back.

Many of the questions asked of him have been asked before. Two years ago I wrote a letter reagrding bubble trips and the treatment we receive away from home and received a reply which was almost exactly what he's still saying today.

The million dollor question is what can we do !!!!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 pm

From what I can see,anything good at the club is down to him, anything bad is down to someone else,he's good at covering his arse, but you can only keep it covered for so long.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:40 pm

TNT wrote:Strange action after taking in" Millions" from TG. Good old Peter still spinning as fast as a tumble dryer.

He has received £200,000 He was telling a few porkies.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:52 pm

no suprise there.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:55 pm

yorkie wrote:I have to take my hat off to PR in the way he conducts himself but lets not forget he's had years of practice. Even before he joined Us, Barnsley, Leeds Utd he was one of the top men at Top Man (Dressed up as Burtons) no puns intended. This man is a "professional" in this line of work so meeting's in a social club are complete PR exercises and like water off a ducks back.

Many of the questions asked of him have been asked before. Two years ago I wrote a letter reagrding bubble trips and the treatment we receive away from home and received a reply which was almost exactly what he's still saying today.

The million dollor question is what can we do !!!!

Welcome Yorkie.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Does anyone know when the next set of accounts are due to be released? Would be good to pull him up on the apparent 'millions' we received!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:01 pm

ccfclover wrote:Does anyone know when the next set of accounts are due to be released? Would be good to pull him up on the apparent 'millions' we received!

I will find out good idea.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:02 pm

ccfclover wrote:Does anyone know when the next set of accounts are due to be released? Would be good to pull him up on the apparent 'millions' we received!

They'll probably be late again anyway!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:09 pm

We are still waiting for 2003 probably :lol:

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:47 am

For the past few years the club's accounts have been published in May.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

Annis is that £200,000 just his christmas bonus or part payment on his annual bonus? :lol: