Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

First Official Sign its Malky!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 pm

I've checked Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Bet365 and Sky Bet and none of them have books open on the next Cardiff manager.

However more interestingly!!!

Sky Bet have opened a book on the next Watford manager, this must mean its a done deal and well known in the industry!!!

Why would Sky Bet bother opening a book tonight when they could just do it when a manager was actually appointed if theres no substance to it? They'd only have to pay back all the money they took in bets on the market if it was wrong!!!

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/ ... 02896.html

Re: First Official Sign its Malky!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:00 pm

That's because betting shuts at 10pm!

Face and palm!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:That's because betting shuts at 10pm!

Face and palm!

I don't understand what your getting at.

Betting never shuts, they are websites. Check the link mate! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Betting on managers stops after a certain time of day. Trust us on this.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Ive never noticed skybet close?

Others I know do

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:07 pm

ALL bets have stopped on the Cardiff manager permanently unless something happens in the next few hours to upset the deal :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:07 pm

griffy wrote:Betting on managers stops after a certain time of day. Trust us on this.

Why are you trying to make me unhappy!!!!

I hate you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Yeah the books close but I think he's trying to say that the entire market has gone and there's no sign of it anywhere.

Even when they close over night they still exist to click on even if there are no odds - the Cardiff book no longer exists at all.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Skybet are the only company to keep the book open overnight.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Effectively, all online bets ended at about 12 noon today.

You could still get 5-2 on with Bet 365. Then they wised up and removed the listing

You could still get a bet on with Paddypower and William Hills at 10-1 on till few hours later.

So, all betting ended at 12 noon today when it became apparent (obvious?) that MM was going to be our next manager.

Hope that clarifies things
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:13 pm

BBMack wrote:Yeah the books close but I think he's trying to say that the entire market has gone and there's no sign of it anywhere.

Even when they close over night they still exist to click on even if there are no odds - the Cardiff book no longer exists at all.

That was the point I was trying to make! Cheers mate!

The book on next Cardiff manager doesn't appear on any major betting site - even though all the other books on next manager are visible.

And on Skybet, they've opened a book on next Watford manager.

Click the link and see for yourselves!!!

Mackay is a Bluebird! The start of a new era! Looks like Mr Curtis was right all along!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:06 am

12thMan wrote:I've checked Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Bet365 and Sky Bet and none of them have books open on the next Cardiff manager.

However more interestingly!!!

Sky Bet have opened a book on the next Watford manager, this must mean its a done deal and well known in the industry!!!

Why would Sky Bet bother opening a book tonight when they could just do it when a manager was actually appointed if theres no substance to it? They'd only have to pay back all the money they took in bets on the market if it was wrong!!!

How ironic DJ IS FAVOURITE FOR NEXT WATFORD BOSS!!