Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "CARDIFF WEAR 'MALAYSIA' WITH PRIDE"

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Daya wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Pathetic some of you are, sorry.

"Malaysia" across our shirts is a stroke of genius. It will have tens of thousands of
Malaysians out buying Cardiff City products. Its f**k all to do with 'strengthening
our links with the Country'.. thats just spin... Its ALL to do with marketing a product!!

We still have Cardiff City FC on the badge, we still play in Cardiff, we still have 99.5%
Welsh support, our supporters still drink Welsh beer in Welsh pubs before the game.

If they all want to adopt us as 'their' Premiership Club, then its all good. It will all turn
into revenue.

Alternatively, we could get sponsored by 'Clarkes Pie's'...... that would be Welsh and
worth £20 a year.

Stop looking for the downside for Gods sake.

As for West Ham fans commenting? Erm.... the West Ham ground was transported
lock stock and Barrel to Bangladesh about ten years ago. No locals live round there
any more. Cardiff Citys history is all around us, every day, people live it and breathe
it.. They go home after the game and talk about the City, who we signed, who we
didnt sign....they dont travel in from Kent and Hampshire once a fortnight and pig
out on jellied eels singing "Maybe its because im a Londoner, that i left London Town!"

Arsenals new ground is called THE EMIRATES, its on their shirts, does that mean they
have sold out?? Man Utd (AEG) etc etc.

Get a grip lads eh?

Taffy have to disagree on that one ! sorry fella your just living on hope !

Deadly serious...

We all are

End of the day, there is no logistic scenario where Cardiff City can be moved from
Cardiff to Malaysia. So we will continue to be a Welsh Club, with Welsh supporters
and a Welsh Heritage. We can only HOPE the Malaysian owners have our interests
at heart too, same as West Ham, Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Villa etc etc etc

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Taffy mate - its Malaysian FC , its on its way.

Wheres the history at the Stadium?

Looks like lego land in KL these days and only gonna get worse. All thats missing is the Weather.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Daya wrote:

"Malaysia" across our shirts is a stroke of genius. It will have tens of thousands of
Malaysians out buying Cardiff City products. Its f**k all to do with 'strengthening
our links with the Country'.. thats just spin... Its ALL to do with marketing a product!!

We still have Cardiff City FC on the badge, we still play in Cardiff, we still have 99.5%
Welsh support, our supporters still drink Welsh beer in Welsh pubs before the game.

If they all want to adopt us as 'their' Premiership Club, then its all good. It will all turn
into revenue.

Alternatively, we could get sponsored by 'Clarkes Pie's'...... that would be Welsh and
worth £20 a year.

lock stock and Barrel to Bangladesh about ten years ago. No locals live round there
any more. Cardiff Citys history is all around us, every day, people live it and breathe
didnt sign....they dont travel in from Kent and Hampshire once a fortnight and pig
out on jellied eels singing "Maybe its because im a Londoner, that i left London Town!"

Arsenals new ground is called THE EMIRATES, its on their shirts, does that mean they

Get a grip lads eh?

Taffy have to disagree on that one ! sorry fella your just living on hope !

Agree with Taffy....spot on, surely ALL THE money the Malaysian's have put in is more than sponsor money!

Ignore Daya.... he's on the wind up again.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:28 pm

into revenue.

worth £20 a yea

Get a grip lads eh?
great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:38 pm

into revenue.

worth £20 a year.

Get a grip lads eh?

Just opinions Taffy and my opinion is having the name of a country across the shirt is a long way from the Emirates situation at Arsenal. Emirates Airways have paid Arsenal £100m to have the company name on their stadium and playing strip much the same as Etihad at Manchester City and whilst I agree that neither of those deals have changed the clubs they have put serious amounts of money into the coffers of both clubs.

The club statement suggests we have turned down commercial sponsership deals in favour of "further empahsising our growing bond with the country and its culture". the clubs words not mine.

Whats next Clerkies out and replaced by Fried Otak ;)

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:39 pm

I don't care what the logo says it makes abousalutly no difference to me supporting city in the slightest.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Seriously,how embarrassing is all this for you :? Your no longer Cardiff City F.C.

You've sold out,sold your souls to some Far East consortium.

The sooner them slants are removed the sooner you'll start progressing again.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:42 pm

blackswan wrote:Seriously,how embarrassing is all this for you :? Your no longer Cardiff City F.C.

You've sold out,sold your souls to some Far East consortium.

The sooner them slants are removed the sooner you'll start progressing again.

Sams gonna sort it out - never heard him so confident.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:34 pm

castleblue wrote:

into revenue.

worth £20 a year.

Get a grip lads eh?

Just opinions Taffy and my opinion is having the name of a country across the shirt is a long way from the Emirates situation at Arsenal. Emirates Airways have paid Arsenal £100m to have the company name on their stadium and playing strip much the same as Etihad at Manchester City and whilst I agree that neither of those deals have changed the clubs they have put serious amounts of money into the coffers of both clubs.

The club statement suggests we have turned down commercial sponsership deals in favour of "further empahsising our growing bond with the country and its culture". the clubs words not mine.

Whats next Clerkies out and replaced by Fried Otak ;)

We are selling the Club to a whole country, for no other reason than to
open up new income streams. Sound business practice. Marketing at its
best!!

If I ever turn up down the City and they say a beer is against the prophet
and hot dogs are banned in favour of fried cricket... I'll stop going

So will 25,000 others

Who do you think they're going to replace them with?? There are only 60,000
Malaysians in Britain.

Scaremongering is all this is

My opinion