Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

West Ham, your experiences.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:53 am

Remember going a few years back, I was working in Romford at the time and went to the game with a West Ham fan. He bought the tickets and we ended up next to the City faithful. Unusual for me to remain quiet for 90 mins but I succeded this time. :D . Great day, even though we lost 1-0. The Boleyn Ground is one of those grounds that you can be guarenteed of a good atmosphere. Roll on 6 Aug, can't come quick enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: West Ham, your experiences.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:23 am

Essex Bluebird wrote:Remember going a few years back, I was working in Romford at the time and went to the game with a West Ham fan. He bought the tickets and we ended up next to the City faithful. Unusual for me to remain quiet for 90 mins but I succeded this time. :D . Great day, even though we lost 1-0. The Boleyn Ground is one of those grounds that you can be guarenteed of a good atmosphere. Roll on 6 Aug, can't come quick enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1978 Was my first ever experience at UPTON PARK, I day I will never ever forget, frightening is the least I can say about it. There is a chapter on my 3 visits to Westham from 1978-1980, in my own book out on Saturday September 24th Leicester Home. Called " MY STORY " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:33 am

i remember going there in the late seventys what a day..we arrived there at 1oclock and there were two old bill waiting for us we got of the bus and the old bill said your on your own now lads..we got in the ground only to find that west ham were in with us..well need i say more..except that we came home on the coach with three smashed windows

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:34 am

therealjimmyscoular wrote:i remember going there in the late seventys what a day..we arrived there at 1oclock and there were two old bill waiting for us we got of the bus and the old bill said your on your own now lads..we got in the ground only to find that west ham were in with us..well need i say more..except that we came home on the coach with three smashed windows

Thats exactly what the old bill said, they left us like lambs to the slaughter. :shock:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:08 am

don't worry about what happens on the 6th, you'll be safe.... I'll be there with the forum bums. unstoppable force.
i remember west ham coming down to ninian once or twice, brought quite decent numbers down, around 1500/2000. didn't end up like i thought it would. the atmosphere was intimidating and the place was bouncing. absolutely loved it.
sorry can't go as far back as the 70's....old gits

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:09 am

anyone remember the scrum a few years back? The poilice wouldn't let us out!

About I would say 100 formed a large scrum and forced the police back!!

Not sure if this was the I Chuck Fruit game as we had 2 trips away close together I think! Too pissed lol!!

I reckon we broke the world record for the largest scrum!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:18 am

Canton stand baz wrote:anyone remember the scrum a few years back? The poilice wouldn't let us out!

About I would say 100 formed a large scrum and forced the police back!!

Not sure if this was the I Chuck Fruit game as we had 2 trips away close together I think! Too pissed lol!!

I reckon we broke the world record for the largest scrum!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I remember the record breaking scrum. Then there was about 50 West Ham waiting by our buses, who soon departed with a few haymakers. Then the famous fruit & veg fight.

Can't do that no more or your down. Probably 6 months for throwing a carrot and a year for a cabbage.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:19 am

i played with em on fifa :oops:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 am

Didnt they play at ninian around that time too! I think ernie put us 2 nil up then Zamora scored a hatrick!!

I'm sure this was the game when west sham were fighting with the police at half time!

Dam it my memory is poor would be no good writing a book lol!!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:29 am

Not sure if this was millwall or west ham away but remember some city fans fighting each other under the stand!! Crazy!! :shock:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:38 am

That was Defoe off the bench half time for a hatrick destroyed the Cardiff defence

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:41 am

Daya wrote:That was Defoe off the bench half time for a hatrick destroyed the Cardiff defence

Ah yes Defoe!!

Thought we had done enough if the first half lol

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am

Pardew was resting a few - half time had to change to first gear .

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am

Canton stand baz wrote:Didnt they play at ninian around that time too! I think ernie put us 2 nil up then Zamora scored a hatrick!!

I'm sure this was the game when west sham were fighting with the police at half time!

It was the league cup in about 2003-04, first time we had played them for 20 odd years, yes earnie put us 2-0 up and put 2 good goals past the then england no 1 dai james, then jermain defoe showed is premier class and scored an hatrick and we lost 3-2, i think west ham got relegated that season so we didnt have to wait to long for the chance for revenge and our first trip up there for years was very eventful to say the least :D

Think that first game in the cup i can remember alot of trouble up in town and a few of our boys and their boys doors being kicked in a few months later after being caught on cctv.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Didnt they play at ninian around that time too! I think ernie put us 2 nil up then Zamora scored a hatrick!!

defoe scored their 3,and they were fighting each other.and a few of their lot left at half time. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:08 pm

been twice . the first was the infamous fruit throwing experience then a year later we played them on a sunday noon kick off . both games we got beat .The first time i went when the majority went by coach and if my memory serves me correctly took something like 32 coaches and we all met up in a services north of west ham . After the game if you could imagine 32 coaches parking on the barking road and ours was parked up the furthest away something like a mile and a half from the ground so we had to walk the furthest .

When we came out the police were trying to keep everything in order but the further our lot walked there were no police at all so when we eventually got to our coach people were mingling in and out freely . Never forget a lad with a grey hoodie jacket on came up to 4 of us and started throwing apples and pears at us from about 10 yards away -lol

Some of our young un's legged it but some of us oldies held the fort till some of the boys on the coach behind us realised what was going on and came to our rescue and they legged it into a bingo hall . At 1 point there were at least 50 of them just outside a fruit shop on the other side on the barking road just throwing everything they could get there hands on smashing windows in the process ! i actually did get hit by a pear on the back of the suede !

the second time i went it was alot less stressfull tho our coach broke down

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 pm

I got a soft spot for west ham because my first two games were to upton park while my uncle lived in essex. First it was whu v swindon in 1992, swindon won 1-0 and second whu v liverpool in 1994 which the reds won 2-1, late winner by ian rush. My last visit there was to watch us in 2004 when we lost 1-0 and of course it kicked off on barking road. Cant wait to go back, roll on august 6th. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Eddie ccfc wrote:

It was the league cup in about 2003-04, first time we had played them for 20 odd years, yes earnie put us 2-0 up and put 2 good goals past the then england no 1 dai james, then jermain defoe showed is premier class and scored an hatrick and we lost 3-2, i think west ham got relegated that season so we didnt have to wait to long for the chance for revenge and our first trip up there for years was very eventful to say the least :D

Think that first game in the cup i can remember alot of trouble up in town and a few of our boys and their boys doors being kicked in a few months later after being caught on cctv.

Caught by that fuckin camera the old bill hold - one lad had 4 years :o

Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:49 pm

murphy wrote:I got a soft spot for west ham because my first two games were to upton park while my uncle lived in essex. First it was whu v swindon in 1992, swindon won 1-0 and second whu v liverpool in 1994 which the reds won 2-1, late winner by ian rush. My last visit there was to watch us in 2004 when we lost 1-0 and of course it kicked off on barking road. Cant wait to go back, roll on august 6th. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Uncle Bob ? Ford motors ?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:50 pm

It was Defoe that scored a hatrick. That was the League Cup game and West Ham were in town by 1:00 for a 7:45 kick off.

Met a group of West Ham in Jurys and some of them went into town for cash and had the shit kicked out of them.

Quite a few of ours boys went down for throwing bottles outside the Cornwall, if I remember rightly.

The scrum at West Ham was the fruit and veg game but the strange thing was that the other side of the police line were about 100 Cardiff. Very strange.

The pub on Barking Road was funny as fcuk. Had about a hundred coppers and half a dozen police horses barricading the West Ham fans in the pub! The trouble made Five 5 that night.

The year after was Boxing or New Years day and a West Ham fan puked out the top tier of our stand over a group of coppers!

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 pm

I Chuck Fruit ! I Chuck Fruit ! :D :D :D

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Daya wrote:
murphy wrote:I got a soft spot for west ham because my first two games were to upton park while my uncle lived in essex. First it was whu v swindon in 1992, swindon won 1-0 and second whu v liverpool in 1994 which the reds won 2-1, late winner by ian rush. My last visit there was to watch us in 2004 when we lost 1-0 and of course it kicked off on barking road. Cant wait to go back, roll on august 6th. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yes, know him do you?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Been twice, first time was on 16 April 1979, im sure it was Easter Monday, on the coach with a guy called Nick Parsons, & a few others, anyone remember him?
Second time was a mid week evening game, Tues Oct 7th 1980. Went on the train. Spooky.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:01 pm

murphy wrote:
Daya wrote:

yes, know him do you?

Just a little !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:- here he is in priory park with my mates wife and my daughter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Any washing lines in that area sonny