Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Huw Jenkins aving a dig

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:16 pm

If we had secured the services of Borini a lot sooner then we would have scored a lot more. We used Moore, Beattie and Dobbie up front, the first 2 were never going to score double figures but Dobbie if he had played in that behind the striker role from the start of the season with Borini I really feel we could have had a real go of finishing 2nd. For me Dobbie was instrumental to us getting promotion this year.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:21 pm

bloo wrote:If we had secured the services of Borini a lot sooner then we would have scored a lot more. We used Moore, Beattie and Dobbie up front, the first 2 were never going to score double figures but Dobbie if he had played in that behind the striker role from the start of the season with Borini I really feel we could have had a real go of finishing 2nd. For me Dobbie was instrumental to us getting promotion this year.

You mean the 1.3m on Moore and Beattie was wasted? You guys derided us for loans yet relied upon Borini towards the end of the season!

Dobbie is decent enough, but couldn't get into the starting Blackpool lineup.

As for what you could have done, it's all gone. hell, if we'd not had DJ, we may well be in the Prem automatically.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:21 pm

PtB wrote:
Bankiebluebird wrote:The guy is a walloper :ayatollah:

:lol:

You oot the day mate?

I was round at my mates house, messy 1. Got in about 6ish this morning with 2 of my mates in tow for more drink. :D

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:28 pm

bloo wrote:If we had secured the services of Borini a lot sooner then we would have scored a lot more. We used Moore, Beattie and Dobbie up front, the first 2 were never going to score double figures but Dobbie if he had played in that behind the striker role from the start of the season with Borini I really feel we could have had a real go of finishing 2nd. For me Dobbie was instrumental to us getting promotion this year.

If my Auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle. IF we had Borini, IF Dobbie had played ....

IF we hadn't lost the spine of our side, 5 ke players, Heaton, Marshall, Hudson, McPhail and Bellamy with injuries in the run up to the play-off semis we 'might' have won the play-offs. We did, so we didnt, the rest is history, and this time its fallen in your favour as you went in with a full strength side, apart form your left-back who'd only recently made the place his own. By the way I'm nt complaining as if we didnt finish second, when we had the chance then we were always going to be at the mercy of fate.

Might. Fact was you didn't score as much as the others. Some get taken in by this 'beautiful football' crap, but not me, and its not just you, I used to hate watching Liverpool passing back to their keeper constantly 25 years ago.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:30 pm

nerd wrote:

You mean the 1.3m on Moore and Beattie was wasted? You guys derided us for loans yet relied upon Borini towards the end of the season!

Dobbie is decent enough, but couldn't get into the starting Blackpool lineup.

As for what you could have done, it's all gone. hell, if we'd not had DJ, we may well be in the Prem automatically.

Personally I think Moore and Beattie are very very average and nowhere good enough for the league we are in now. The former had his best days as a youngster at Villa, he will end up like his brother who was also gifted as a youngster, driving taxis :D

Borini we tried to get a lot earlier and it's a shame he signed a pre-contract at Parma before he joined us, the lad was gutted after the final as he wished he could have stayed with us. Great movement and a brilliant finisher too!

Mackay has to live with expectancy now and it's going to take a while for him to mould his own team. He's not walking into a ready made starting 11, he has to create that starting 11 and stamp a brand or style of football that the lads have to learn quickly.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

If my Auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle. IF we had Borini, IF Dobbie had played ....

IF we hadn't lost the spine of our side, 5 ke players, Heaton, Marshall, Hudson, McPhail and Bellamy with injuries in the run up to the play-off semis we 'might' have won the play-offs. We did, so we didnt, the rest is history, and this time its fallen in your favour as you went in with a full strength side, apart form your left-back who'd only recently made the place his own. By the way I'm nt complaining as if we didnt finish second, when we had the chance then we were always going to be at the mercy of fate.

Might. Fact was you didn't score as much as the others. Some get taken in by this 'beautiful football' crap, but not me, and its not just you, I used to hate watching Liverpool passing back to their keeper constantly 25 years ago.

Well said Mr Lawnmower.

Beautiful football to me is not seeing the ball passed from defence to midfield and back again-i would prefer to see attacking football like we played at times last season. I know i am biased but the best performance by a championship team last season was our 4-0 win at Leeds. Unfortunately we did not play like that often enough-partly due to injuries and partly down to our manager.

Your comments about losing the spine of our team are also true-however we will never know.

Anyway it is time to move on. Next season could be an interesting one for us-hopefully Mackay will be a success.

To any genuine jack fan that has been a fan during the Sharp/Silverscreen/Petty years etc i hope they enjoy the prem league. To the new ones who constantly gob off i hope you lose everygame.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Points taken but, hoofing it long like your team did this past season never going to win you anything.
Don't be suprised when you see Malkey Mackay playing a similar style of football to us by playing it from the back. I can't see him playing the same system and style of Dave Jones. I watched Watford home and away last season against us and they do keep it on the deck a lot and play it from the back, especially at home but with a bit more physicality than Swansea.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:46 pm

bloo wrote:Points taken but, hoofing it long like your team did this past season never going to win you anything.
Don't be suprised when you see Malkey Mackay playing a similar style of football to us by playing it from the back. I can't see him playing the same system and style of Dave Jones. I watched Watford home and away last season against us and they do keep it on the deck a lot and play it from the back, especially at home but with a bit more physicality than Swansea.

Hoofing is what Wimbledon did to fash the bash. When we played well we moved the ball forward at pace with 1 touch flowing football. Unfortunately when things didnt go well (usually when teams defended by squeezing the space and playing a high line) DJ didnt have a plan B and we ended up playing like Wimbledon.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

bloo wrote:Points taken but, hoofing it long like your team did this past season never going to win you anything.

stoke won promotion but playing hoofball and are now an established prem team by playing hoofball. It dont matter what style you play, its all about putting it in the back of the net.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:53 pm

murphy wrote:

stoke won promotion but playing hoofball and are now an established prem team by playing hoofball. It dont matter what style you play, its all about putting it in the back of the net.

Stoke are also a very physical, bordering on the downright dirty team at times and it suits them, but it wouldn't suit us or you. I would not want to watch that down the Liberty.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:55 pm

bloo wrote:
murphy wrote:

Stoke are also a very physical, bordering on the downright dirty team at times and it suits them, but it wouldn't suit us or you. I would not want to watch that down the Liberty.

Sjoke are a horrible club-however would you prefer to play like they do and end up in top 10, FA Cup final & Europe or play possession football and get relegated?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm

I think a lot of us would accept relegation playing our style of football to the very end rather than over achieve playing ugly football.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:03 pm

bloo wrote:I think a lot of us would accept relegation playing our style of football to the very end rather than over achieve playing ugly football.

I see your point and admire your sentiments because Stoke are a horrible club with a team of thugs (I hate Ricardo Fuller and Shawcross) but we both know that if you get relegated a significant number of your fans will be calling for BRs head.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 pm

We didn't hoof it. Some long ball was plaed to Bothroyd, but we did a lot of good work at pace. Players like Bellamy, Burke, Whittingham and McPhail can only play on the floor.

Take our goal at yours, all fast passing footy. You would have been creaming over it.

I think a mix is in order, but the fact was we didnt have enough out wide to create the holes that Sinclair and Dyer did and that along with a more settled back 4 were the main areas I felt you had advantage over us.

Watford however ere superb, apart from 30 minutes when we took them apart with some great stuff they showed more movement and pace than any other side, and both wide men for them were superb - in both games. They gave us a footballing lesson at Vicarage , however i think Mackay's tactics will need to suit his players.

By the way, I've just read that your keeper is looking to go to Wolves as he's out of contract. I'm sure you can replace him, but that seems a bit odd considering he's just got you up ? Perhaps he's concerned about getting a bad back :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:11 pm

That's all paper talk about De Vries mate. Brendan has been in Africa the last week or so doing that charity climb and this week will be sitting down with De Vries and Rangel to sort out their contracts. Interesting that we are in talks with Marcos Senna, would be great to have for a season just for his experience. Ryan Bertrand is another we are being linked with - would be great to see him here.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:29 pm

bloo wrote:That's all paper talk about De Vries mate. Brendan has been in Africa the last week or so doing that charity climb and this week will be sitting down with De Vries and Rangel to sort out their contracts. Interesting that we are in talks with Marcos Senna, would be great to have for a season just for his experience. Ryan Bertrand is another we are being linked with - would be great to see him here.

Maybe, but let's be blunt. Either Jenkins shatters the wage bill to pay Prem wages or he doesn't. If there was say interest in De Vries from Wolves paying a lot more than you do, are you entirely convinced all your players are utterly loyal? I mean, Britton waked after all... to Sheff Utd...

Senna, you're looking at a max 2 seasons of him if he joins - and he'd not join on the cheap. Who out of your world beating midfield would you drop?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Lets face it, for a club he bought for £1, wouldn't you? Are the local tax payers happy? We'll see.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 pm

bloo wrote:That's all paper talk about De Vries mate. Brendan has been in Africa the last week or so doing that charity climb and this week will be sitting down with De Vries and Rangel to sort out their contracts. Interesting that we are in talks with Marcos Senna, would be great to have for a season just for his experience. Ryan Bertrand is another we are being linked with - would be great to see him here.

Fair enough, none of my business anyway.

Just thought you might have missed it, given the amount of time you spend on here. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: