Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Probably What is expected

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:30 am

Magners wrote:Anotherhornet chin up. There are loads of managers out there that will be desperate for the Watford job. You may pick up a gem, keep the faith.

Cheers mate, here's hoping the bookies are way out - current favourite is Brian Laws :|

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 am

anotherhornet wrote:
Magners wrote:Anotherhornet chin up. There are loads of managers out there that will be desperate for the Watford job. You may pick up a gem, keep the faith.

Cheers mate, here's hoping the bookies are way out - current favourite is Brian Laws :|

There are plenty of decent ones around. Look at the guys who missed out with us.

Hughton
Di Matteo
Robins

then there are the lower division ones who might have some ambition

Clark
Tisdale
Robinson
Or maybe one from our lot Jones, Burton or Ardley ??

Or even Dyche.

You've done well in the maager stakes over the last few years... have you had a bad one ??

I guess a supportive fan base, excellent youth academy and close proximity to plenty of Prem clubs for decent young loanees must help.

I'd give it a crack anyway :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:01 am

You can rule out anyone who wants a decent wage..... I'd give Dyche a go, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. McInnes looks a good shout, but again might not want to take a chance on us. I think we're just all a bit depressed to be honest, it would've been nice to have an entire season without upheaval (the last one was probably 2005/06).

The last manager we ended up firing was Aidy Boothroyd - had a fantastic first season, got us promoted but then seemed to lose the plot entirely. Other than that, the last really bad manager was Vialli in 2001/2002 and it took us that promotion in 2006 to finish paying for his tenure!

The appointment of this next manager is what'll make or break the club. Some people believe we're one bad manager away from doing a Luton....

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:12 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:But I am hearing that Malky Mackay wants to bring Sean Dyche in as his Number 2.

If this happens what will happen to Terry Burton ? Will he be kept on ?

Burton seems like a genuine bloke and if a certain author on here is to be believed DJ ignored alot of his tactics/plans. If Burton has been ignored then i feel he deserves a role within the club. If he is part of the bottling culture then he should go.

We have to remember Dave Jones never appointed Burton,he was already here!!
Perhaps he was told to keep Burton on?? Either way, Burtons personality hardly
shone through either. Bye Terry

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:25 am

carlccfc wrote:But I am hearing that Malky Mackay wants to bring Sean Dyche in as his Number 2.

If this happens what will happen to Terry Burton ? Will he be kept on ?

Good if he does, Thanks Terry but time to move on and let Malky pick his own team..........

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:40 am

anotherhornet wrote:You can rule out anyone who wants a decent wage..... I'd give Dyche a go, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. McInnes looks a good shout, but again might not want to take a chance on us. I think we're just all a bit depressed to be honest, it would've been nice to have an entire season without upheaval (the last one was probably 2005/06).

The last manager we ended up firing was Aidy Boothroyd - had a fantastic first season, got us promoted but then seemed to lose the plot entirely. Other than that, the last really bad manager was Vialli in 2001/2002 and it took us that promotion in 2006 to finish paying for his tenure!

The appointment of this next manager is what'll make or break the club. Some people believe we're one bad manager away from doing a Luton....

Strange innit, we are all hoping that we are giving Malky the springboard to prove himself a
top class manager, and obviously take us up to the Premiership. I feel far more confident
with him now than i think i would have with Hughton or Di Matteo. If he can clear out the
rest of the deadwood at the Club he will have a bloody big budget for this season, most if
not all the high earners have gone. Put it this way, most Cardiff fans will tell you they feel
more confident this season even than the start of last season when we signed Bellamy..
Its cos weve got rid of Dave Jones. Sadly, for every Bellamy he gets to a club he will sign
two or three Lee Naylors.

Case in point, his signings last year

Bellamy - Hit
Koumas - Miss
Naylor - Miss
Drinkwater - Miss
Olifinjana - Hit
Bywater - Miss
JET - Miss
Brown - Miss
JLS - Miss

Do you get the picture :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for Malky lol

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:45 am

Soe strange and hard to believe commenst on here - one would have expected a player revolt if some stuff happened

Burton to go , if we are putting faith in New boss he has to bring in his own team but Ardley needs to have a part in coACHING

Promotion this season after all is minimum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 am

Ah, Lee Naylor was class at our place.....

We've had a few shockers left over from Boothroyd's last season that we've only just been able to get off the wage bill (Ellington rumoured to be on 18k a week!).

We struggle to sign players due to our location as well, with the wages we offer no-one can afford to live in the area! And with 5 Premier League clubs within 20 miles, we're never going to get a big fan base to make the club a more attractive prospect (to players or potential investors).

Well at least you lot are happy. The only positive thing with us is our academy, which hopefully will continue to get funding from the new owner - it's our only means of survival. Produce a few more Ashley Youngs and we'll stay in business.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am

anotherhornet wrote:You can rule out anyone who wants a decent wage..... I'd give Dyche a go, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. McInnes looks a good shout, but again might not want to take a chance on us. I think we're just all a bit depressed to be honest, it would've been nice to have an entire season without upheaval (the last one was probably 2005/06).

From everyone linked with us I was routing for Mackey or McInnes. Scots managers seem to be doing well in all leagues at the moment. Scots managers always appear to be no nonsense managers who are careful with the clubs money. Frankie Burrows springs to mind.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Magners wrote:

From everyone linked with us I was routing for Mackey or McInnes. Scots managers seem to be doing well in all leagues at the moment. Scots managers always appear to be no nonsense managers who are careful with the clubs money. Frankie Burrows springs to mind.

frankie was that tight he wouldnt give a door a slam

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Hope Terry Burton stays with the club in some capacity. What Sean Dyche will offer better i will never know. Burton knows the club more than dyche at the moment.