Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

football manager 2011 good championship players

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:21 am

Im about to start a new games with cardiff and was wondering if any one knows any good players i could sign on the cheap or free? and also any good tactic tips :ayatollah: or you could just upload your tactics for me to download , im usless wiv tactics only been playing fm for a few weeks :oops:

Re: football manager 2011 good championship players

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:41 am

If you do the update 1.01 or whatever (the first one) I got:

Henry Lansbury, Arsenal LOAN
Ciaran Clark, Aston Villa LOAN
Jay DeMerit FREE
Leigh Griffiths, Dundee 325k (goalscoring machine)

:ayatollah: I got promoted with this team :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:28 am

download FM genie scout, open your saved game into it and it'll tell you all the ratings of every player in your game and how much you'll need to offer to buy them

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:30 am

jbirdrules wrote:If you do the update 1.01 or whatever (the first one) I got:

Jay DeMerit FREE

you got promoted with 4 players? ;)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:34 am

Dzmitry Verkhovtsov from Naftan. Will set you back £550k but he's a class apart

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:42 am

griffy wrote:download FM genie scout, open your saved game into it and it'll tell you all the ratings of every player in your game and how much you'll need to offer to buy them

i know about the scout but im trying not to cheat :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 am

I used loan signings to get out of the championship, Ramsey is always willing to come back just have to wait unil his injury goes. Send back most of the loans back like oli and keogh and sell all the shit like rae, gypes, etc and look at the top teams youngsters and reserves i managed to get macheda on loan and he scored for fun!

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Jay DeMerit FREE

Shurrup :lol:

---------------Marshall------------------
McNaughton......Clark.......DeMerit........Naylor...
..........Lansbury....McPhail...........
Burke.........................Bellamy.....
..........Chopra.....Griffiths.......

Sent Oli and Koumas back to free up wages and sold Bothroyd for 2mil

Awesome team :D

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:59 am

Mikef wrote:I used loan signings to get out of the championship, Ramsey is always willing to come back just have to wait unil his injury goes. Send back most of the loans back like oli and keogh and sell all the shit like rae, gypes, etc and look at the top teams youngsters and reserves i managed to get macheda on loan and he scored for fun!

how much did u have to pay to get ramsey on loan?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Depends with database you're playing on. If it's the updated one then it'll be a little harder as there's less players out of contract.

I signed Peter Luccin (Free), Dan Alexa (Free), Jose Goncalves (Free), Henri Lansburty (Loan) and Dan Gosling (Loan) in my first season and got promoted first time in 2nd place.
4 seasons later still in the PL after much investment and an entirely new squad. But then my game decided to completely crash and now no longer goes past a certain date. Gutted.

EDIT: Also if you're not playing on an updated game then Naylor, Koumas, Hudson and Gyepes are incredible, not very realistic I know!

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:32 pm

im playing on update 1.3 chopra is on fire 7 goals in first 3 games . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: i havnt really signed any first team players i think i will get promoted with current team

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:53 pm

chunkyblue wrote:
Mikef wrote:I used loan signings to get out of the championship, Ramsey is always willing to come back just have to wait unil his injury goes. Send back most of the loans back like oli and keogh and sell all the shit like rae, gypes, etc and look at the top teams youngsters and reserves i managed to get macheda on loan and he scored for fun!

Can't remember now not sure if i paid anything? if i did it wasn't much as he's on the loan list from the start i think. Also as said before me for some unkown reason naylor is class when played! If you play matthews regularly he gets decent too.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Part of the excitement of FM is finding your own players. It won't be that satisfying getting to the Prem with a squad full of players you've been told to buy

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:17 pm

griffy wrote:download FM genie scout, open your saved game into it and it'll tell you all the ratings of every player in your game and how much you'll need to offer to buy them

CHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Mikef wrote:
chunkyblue wrote:

Can't remember now not sure if i paid anything? if i did it wasn't much as he's on the loan list from the start i think. Also as said before me for some unkown reason naylor is class when played! If you play matthews regularly he gets decent too.

i offered 1.1m for season lon loan 30% wages and it got turned down :? been offered 3 m for mathews from man united

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:27 pm

chrissym1 wrote:Dzmitry Verkhovtsov from Naftan. Will set you back £550k but he's a class apart

Great player!

Always spread the paymentS over 48 months.

I sold most of the 1st team and sent everyone back to their club apart from Bellers.

Won the league and finished 7th the next season. You get a big budget in the Prem just to finish mid table.

Just won the league with Aberneen.

I play a 4:4:2 and I set my central midfield players to defendl. Verkhovstov is a great defensive CM.

Player tire around 60 mins. Use young subs then.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Bust buy I had was a player named Tom.

Paid £35,000 and he was worth 6 million the following season.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 pm

lol tom who?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Fabian brandy, Ex united on a free at the start got bags of pace good off the bench player.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Can't remember now not sure if i paid anything? if i did it wasn't much as he's on the loan list from the start i think. Also as said before me for some unkown reason naylor is class when played! If you play matthews regularly he gets decent too.[/quote]
i offered 1.1m for season lon loan 30% wages and it got turned down :? been offered 3 m for mathews from man united[/quote]

Did the club or Ramsey turn it down? When you make a loan offer it should tell you how much they want in wages and if they want a fee, if it says nothing then they prob wont let him go! Search the loan market mate best way to do it with Cardiff as theres not much money.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Bernard Mendy on a free is class. De Merit on a free and Matthew Booth for 70k form a formidable centre back partnership. Peter Luccin and Ousmane Dabo are both good holding midfielders on a free. Arnold Bruggink on a free and Gael Kukuta and Henri Lansbury on loan are good attacking midfielders. Guillermo Franco is a goalscoring machine on a free, I played him up front with Bellamy. Salva is a strong, experienced target man on a free who scores goals and is a very good backup if you want to sell Bothroyd and Chopra to raise funds. I'm not sure if Salva will be on the game unless the Spanish leagues are loaded mind. Slovakian centre back Tomos Hubocan is available on a free from Zenit in January, he can also do a good job at left back and is a very good defender. He's gone on to have 55 caps for Slovakia on my game.

Also, the formation I play is a narrow diamond and I focus my passing through the middle, so I sold Burke as I didn't need him with the system I play. Burke went to Stoke on my game for 3.4 million. I also sold Riggott for 250k, Rae for 300k, Blake for 525k, McNaughton for 600k and Gyepes for 1.2 million. :lol:

I am currently on season 2016/2017 and am dominating the world winning everything. On my current season I have played 18 games, winning all 18 of them, scoring 54 and conceding 14 and am top by 12 points. If you would like to try my tactic let me know and I will try and upload it for you. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:15 pm

It's just 'Tom'.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Championship

Shane Long
Wes Hoolahan
Lewis McGugan
Jonny Howson
Robert Snodgrass
Adel Taarabt
Wayne Routledge
Scott Sinclair
Jimmy Kebe
Matt Killgallon
Kyle Naughton
Gradel

Players to sign from the prem
Danny Pacheco
Bebe
McEachran

League One/Two

Wright Phillips
Mackail Smith
Lambert
Pilkington

Foreign players

Lukaku
Gonzalez

Also, a good tip, if players are very low on morale at their club, even if you think they may be above your level or expectations still try to buy them. You'll be surprised what you could do. I got Daniel Sturridge in my second season because his morale was low. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:28 pm

My first team in the championship starting the season was.

Kenny

McNaughton
Killgallon
Hudson
Naughton

Hoolahan (easy to get as Norwich just come up)
Oli
Snodgrass (see Hoolahan but with Leeds)
Ramsey (loan)
Routledge ( burst the bank to get him, worth it as he had most assists for me.

Long (top scorer in the league easy, cost a little less than Routledge)

4-2-3-1 formation

8 points clear at the top I finished. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not only do you get the benefit of some class players but you get the benefit of removing them from the opposition. Sabotage :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 pm

I bought Ramsey back for 20 million.

Bought a load of players from Brazil, but the fuckers could not settle in the area.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:I bought Ramsey back for 20 million.

Bought a load of players from Brazil, but the fuckers could not settle in the area.

im not surprised they couldn't settle in 'this part of the world'. ;)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:38 pm

simon cox on loan from west brom,finished top scorer

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 pm

jbirdrules wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Jay DeMerit FREE

Shurrup :lol:

---------------Marshall------------------
McNaughton......Clark.......DeMerit........Naylor :shock: ...
..........Lansbury....McPhail...........
Burke.........................Bellamy.....
..........Chopra.....Griffiths.......

Sent Oli and Koumas back to free up wages and sold Bothroyd for 2mil

Awesome team :D