Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Merthyr Town v Swansea City - July 25th

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 am

blackswan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
aye and you could meet a few of us :D :ayatollah:

Cmon Merthyr :D :ayatollah:

Yes i could but i doubt it.You'd all want to fill me in or burn my scarf,should i make myself known.It's what your fans do see butt.Although, you personally, could be a different scenario im sure, as your a tidy lad,i think. :D

Anyway Merthyr is one of those towns where we should be looking to play and spreading the gospel of St.Swansea.Big catchment area.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only one leauge team in merthyr mate and it aint the jacks

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:08 am

bluewho wrote:
blackswan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
aye and you could meet a few of us :D :ayatollah:

Cmon Merthyr :D :ayatollah:

Yes i could but i doubt it.You'd all want to fill me in or burn my scarf,should i make myself known.It's what your fans do see butt.Although, you personally, could be a different scenario im sure, as your a tidy lad,i think. :D

Anyway Merthyr is one of those towns where we should be looking to play and spreading the gospel of St.Swansea.Big catchment area.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only one leauge team in merthyr mate and it aint the jacks

Perhaps not at the moment but from a CCFC point of view you'd best make sure that you don't go a prolonged period of time as "Wales' second club" otherwise Cardiff's out of town support could well dwindle rapidly. As I've said before the majority of the newer breed of CCFC fans from in-between areas sure as hell didn't start supporting the club to support "Wales' second team" and just jumped on the bandwagon so they could lord it over little old Swansea Town with their constant "We are your capital, we get everything, we are Wales' number 1 team" type drivel. An ego boost thing, and Swansea going up to the Premier League must be a right mind f*ck for them.

Your current lack of stadium atmosphere and constant moans and groans from the stands (And i'm not in any way suggesting the Liberty is a cauldron of noise either BTW) suggests to me that you've picked up a sh!t load of the "South Wales floaters" in recent years. Floaters who could easily become "Jack" should CCFC take a turn for the worse.

As for ST sales comparisons, you have a point, your ST sales far exceeded ours. But look at all the hype surrounding Cardiff at the beginning of last season, e.g Billionaire owners, big investments, Craig Bellamy signing, favourites for automatic promotion, it's not really surprising that you managed to shift as many as you did, contrast that with Swansea, all we hear about is our best players potentially leaving the club, a new manager with a questionable track record, that we have hardly any money to buy replacements, that our chairman won't be making any significant signings, a top 15 finish would be a good achievement, etc, etc. Hardly inspiring stuff is it and I'm sure Cardiff wouldn't had punted as many ST's given the same circumstances.

The fact SCFC could had punted in excess of 22K ST's this season had the Liberty Stadium been big enough in what is admittedly one of the poorest areas of the United Kingdom shows that the support and passion is there amongst the local people. The amount of youngsters in and around the Swansea area wearing SCFC stuff, even since 5 or so years ago in the League 1 days is astonishing in comparison with the mid-late 80's through till the early 00's.

We may not be as big as you and perhaps we will never will be, but all we can be is the best we can be and right now I'm damn proud of the achievements of this club, I think it's remarkable. The majority of clubs who've shot up from the bottom to the top divisions have been bankrolled to the full in contrast with us Swans who've achieved it through dedication, commitment & the relatively meagre resources of local businessman who are also die-hard Swans fans, through and through.

I've just not having it that Swansea's support is "poor" though. I can understand if you're just trying to wind us up and all that but if you're being genuine then you need to wake up, look at the massive & mighty Leeds United FC with their self-proclaimed "glorious history" and "worldwide fanbase" ... a population of over 750,000 people, and they get what? 25K a game, big f*cking deal. Little old Swansea Town, no worldwide fanbase, population a third of that of Leeds, less affluent area than Leeds, next to f*ck all to shout about in 100 years of our history, 2 seasons in the top flight in our entire history. And we get what, 15K? And that's piss poor is it? I don't think so somehow.

Best supported club in the Championship = Burnley FC. 15K crowds in a poor town with a population of 80K on the doorstep of some of Europe's biggest clubs. Incredible support that.

But as for ourselves, I'm proud of our achievements in recent times as a club, both on and off the field.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Merthyr Town dont play in Merthyr

Do now mate

On their blog they said they were going back to Taffs Well.......?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:46 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

Do now mate

On their blog they said they were going back to Taffs Well.......?

Not sure where you read that mate, but 110% back in Pendarren Park

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:59 pm

On their blog they said they were going back to Taffs Well.......?[/quote]
Not sure where you read that mate, but 110% back in Pendarren Park[/quote]

Good, its their home after all.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

Do now mate

richard their back up merthyr now :(

enjoyed my saturdays in taffs well football club. with kingston press cider 2.27 a bottle :)