Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: R.I.P to the Dads that have passed away..

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:50 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:I lost my Dad when i was 15, i still think about hin all the time and im 46

You sound a good man if you have Kids then they have a good good Father Chief :D

thanks for your kind words, ive got three kids and i tell them about their grandfather all the time

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:54 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Not a day goes by when I dont think about me Dad, he's with me all the way, taken to soon and way to young.

love him and miss him every day
a giant of a man, in every way

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ditto :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Happy Fathers Day, I took my Children to the cemetery today as usual :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good on you Annis ,we should never forget our dads
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:17 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Not a day goes by when I dont think about me Dad, he's with me all the way, taken to soon and way to young.

love him and miss him every day
a giant of a man, in every way

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ditto :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Im just proud to have had him as my Dad mate, you know what I mean, Ill always remember my Dad as a proper real man just like yours was I have no doubt.. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:23 pm

I agree i'm only 18 mine passed few years ago but even if we had little time with them we'll allways love them and respect them for bringing us as much as they could.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Excellent thought, my dad passed away this year the afternoon we beat the jacks. That match always will be remembered

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 am

RIP Ray Moses 18-03-2008 .......... my Dad and the man responsible for bringing the Bluebirds into my life :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:31 am

Mine passed away on the morning of the 2nd leg play off against Leicester

Went to the cemetery today with Flowers

Still hard seeing someone else in his seat

But hey thats life - Happy fathers day dad

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:51 am

Only just seen this thread and what an excellent and poignant thread it is.

My Father passed away at the age of just 57 and although that was 22 years ago i still miss him and think about him most days. When he was alive we used to have some pretty lively arguments and plenty of banter because he was a swansea fan which I admired him for because he had supported them from when they were Swansea Town and in the old 4th Division.

To his credit he never encouraged me to follow Swansea (perish the thought) but instead let my Uncle take me to Ninian Park when i was around 10 and i fell in love with the Bluebirds :ayatollah:

I wish he was alive now because he would be giving me severe stick with his beloved Swans being in the Premiership and i would be giving stick back about us being a bigger Club with bigger attendances :lol:

Despite being a Jack :D he was a true gentleman who brought me up the right way and give me a good set of values to live by and pass on to my own Children.

RIP Dad

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 am

MY DAD TOOK ME TO THE CITY WHEN I WAS 4 YEARS OLD, BEEN EVER SINCE AND JUST CELEBRATED MY 61 st BIRTHDAY R.I.P. DAD A TRUE BLUEBIRD :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Ta LB for this thread. My Dad died on April 9th this year and it was through him that I got hooked on City. He took me to Ninian Park in April 1960 when we beat Aston Villa 1-0 to gain promotion to the top flight. We stood on the Grangetown (as it was called then) End wall near to the Bob Bank corner flag. Thankfully I was able to reciprocate, taking my Dad to the Play-Off Final win at the MillStad. Though suffering with ill-health in later life, and needing to get around in a wheelchair, I also had the joy to make arrangements for my Father to see the first ever game at the CCS when we beat Scunthorpe.

Dad you are missed greatly.

Love,
Steve.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

my dad got taken from the family on jan 16th 1989 when i was 20 never a day goes by without thinking of him at some point. R.I.P. DAD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: TOP POST THIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:56 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Post of the day........................well done.

My old man died 8 yrs ago. 5 days before the play off final at the Millenium vs QPR.
Had his ticket and everything, hard day but also a great one.

He must of been as shocked to see Andy Campbell score as i was when he was looking down on the game.

RIP Dad, another Bluebird never forgotten

R.I.P fella! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: