Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This 'Malaysia' sponsor

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:16 am

Adam Im sure Daya will ask questions over the course of the week , you know what he's like :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am

the money these guys are pumping in do we really need to be asking they can put what they like on the shirts

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:23 am

Midfield general wrote:Who excatly are paying for this sponsor and how much are they paying..?

Is it the Malaysians tourist board or government or what..?

I do feel that some questions need to be asked about this deal.

I believe Mr V Tan who has pumped Millions of pounds into our club has decided for Commercial resons he wants the name of his country on our shirts.

I for one an 100% with him on this subject.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:23 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Adam Im sure Daya will ask questions over the course of the week , you know what he's like :lol:

aye "99% right" his words btw :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:26 am

Midfield general wrote:Who excatly are paying for this sponsor and how much are they paying..?

The club statement suggested that we had turned down a number of commercial deals in favour of "Malaysia" that suggests there is no money involved.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 96,00.html

Does that make this the best deal for Cardiff City FC :? :? :? :?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:31 am

Captain negative is back :lol: :lol:

I'm sure its just a vehicle to legitimately input funds into the club. Just because figures aren't spoken about doesn't mean there are no figures.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 am

there are issues with cardiff on human rights aswell we do not complaint about your ayatollah dance even though it is greatly offensive to us as we are good muslims

we are saving your club you need to be thankfull and greatfull to us

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:53 am

Midfield general wrote:With all due respect Malaysia does issues with human rights and sometimes in life things are more valued than money.

They also eat dogs :shock:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:59 am

Sorry mate but ur the most negative fan i've ever come across, at the end of the day he's the one that will be losing money by this venture, i honestly don't get why we need to be privy to every little detail that goes on at our club! I'm just glad we've got a club cos without VT we wouldn't have one

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 am

making joke of a religion may not seem important to you but when you mock islam you insult all good muslims

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:07 am

Kuala_Lumpur_BlueBird wrote:making joke of a religion may not seem important to you but when you mock islam you insult all good muslims

Excuse me?

The Ayatollah is hardly mocking a religion.
Calm down :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 am

i mock all religion as most religions or all are based on death and cause alot of problems. The Taliban for example, believe the Afghan/Iraq war is the holy war (the holy war was around 600 years ago).

How ever some people who need desperate help believe that praying to a non existant being helps them and sometimes it actually stops their addiction. thats the ONLY good thing about religion

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:10 am

Kuala_Lumpur_BlueBird wrote:making joke of a religion may not seem important to you but when you mock islam you insult all good muslims

this message board is totally NON racial and NON religous ..... so your jumping on the wrong bandwagon here !!!!!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 am

Can people just ignore this obvious troll?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 am

Kuala_Lumpur_BlueBird wrote:there are issues with cardiff on human rights aswell we do not complaint about your ayatollah dance even though it is greatly offensive to us as we are good muslims

At the end of the day Cardiff City FC is a Welsh football club , Cardiff is a City in Wales which is part of the UK . British culture is exactly that as indeed is Welsh culture and sometimes British humour ..... its football so get over it . If you want examples of issues then I suggest you attend a Rangers v Celtic game in Glasgow !!!!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 am

why would caning be a human rights issue as it is used as a punishment for serious crimes

maybe if it would be used in UK then you would not have the low moral standards and crime that is so much is your country

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:16 am

nerd wrote:

Can people just ignore this obvious troll?

Spot on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:17 am

Kuala_Lumpur_BlueBird wrote:why would caning be a human rights issue as it is used as a punishment for serious crimes

maybe if it would be used in UK then you would not have the low moral standards and crime that is so much is your country

when I was in school caning was rife as well as spanking ...... in those days it was trousers down rar rar rar :D

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:22 am

Kuala_Lumpur_BlueBird wrote:there are issues with cardiff on human rights aswell we do not complaint about your ayatollah dance even though it is greatly offensive to us as we are good muslims

This ^^^^ Except for the Ayatohlla bit. It's something we've been doing for a couple of decades and it's become a custom of ours. It's a "togetherness" type gesture amongst the fans.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 am

I personally think that the above person ( KLB ) is another well known poster or indeed ex-poster in disguise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:56 am

Midfield general wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I personally think that the above person ( KLB ) is another well known poster or indeed ex-poster in disguise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets see if someone can confirm this with KLB's IP address..?

Daya is an international icon? :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 am

Midfield general wrote:

I fully agree that your comment maybe something which the supporters should understand more of and in all fairness has been stated on here a few times in the past. However I personally wouldn't class that as an abuse of human rights unlike 'canning'.

Oh behave mun. Your like the 'Victor Meldrew' of this board. At the end of the day, we were doing the :ayatollah: long before the malaysians were here. If they dont like it then tough. Oh and to the malaysian fella on here - hi daya :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Not me sorry to disapoint lads ... pissed off didnt think of that one ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Kuala_Lumpur_BlueBird wrote:why would caning be a human rights issue as it is used as a punishment for serious crimes

I got caned Saturday night. Still hurts now.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:15 pm

DEANO wrote:the money these guys are pumping in do we really need to be asking they can put what they like on the shirts

I agree. It'll benefit us in the LONG term whatever the short-term arrangements....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
DEANO wrote:the money these guys are pumping in do we really need to be asking they can put what they like on the shirts

I agree. It'll benefit us in the LONG term whatever the short-term arrangements....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Definitely.

I'm more concerned how it actually LOOKS on the shirt, and i think it
looks quite good.

Who were we expecting to jump in begging to sponsor us, The World Bank?
The U.S. Treasury? The Brunei Royal Family?

We have got owners pumping in millions and STILL... people are moaning :lol:

"They're putting in too much money (must be more loan notes)"
"They're not putting in enough money (must be doing a runner)"
"They've got a whole country sponsoring us (must be taking us over in a Invasion of the Bodysnatchers type scenario)"
"They've turned down Clarke's Pies as sponsors (must be bringing in Halal food)"

What a Club, what a fanbase..... what a f*cking rollercoaster :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:54 pm

A quick breakdown on Malaysian religions:
60.4% Islam
19.2% Buddhism
9.1% Christianity
6.3% Hinduism
2.6% Confucianism, Taoism and other traditional Chinese religions.

I lived there for two years and drank and partied with the locals all the time. There is certainly a lot of respect for their religion and that is only fair but they still party hard which is outlawed in the less tolerant Islamic nations.
My Malay friends would have laughed about the Ayatollah as I am sure do VT and DT.
Our human rights poster is on a wind up.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Warrior wrote:

some good points mate :ayatollah:

I am not keen on Malaysia being on the front of our shirts, do not see the point.

I didn't much see the point of SuperTed being on our shirts but hey hum :D

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 pm

alexc wrote:A quick breakdown on Malaysian religions:
60.4% Islam
19.2% Buddhism
9.1% Christianity
6.3% Hinduism
2.6% Confucianism, Taoism and other traditional Chinese religions.

I lived there for two years and drank and partied with the locals all the time. There is certainly a lot of respect for their religion and that is only fair but they still party hard which is outlawed in the less tolerant Islamic nations.
My Malay friends would have laughed about the Ayatollah as I am sure do VT and DT.
Our human rights poster is on a wind up.

Lady boys galore.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:23 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: