Re: Even Labour now admit that migrants are taking our jobs

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:35 am

still want labour back in power

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 am

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:still want labour back in power

Is that a question or a statement..?

there was no question mark so it was a statement ;)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 am

Midfield general wrote:[Is that a question or a statement..?

there was no question mark so it was a statement ;)[/quote]

:lol:

Well 13 years of Labour has damaged this country for decades to come[/quote]

well the tories havent helped either. and i bet the thatcher era had something to do with it.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:45 am

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Midfield general wrote:[Is that a question or a statement..?

there was no question mark so it was a statement ;)

:lol:

Well 13 years of Labour has damaged this country for decades to come

well the tories havent helped either. and i bet the thatcher era had something to do with it.[/quote]

The ecomony was in a very healthy state when it was handed over to Labour in '97.[/quote]

ok then, when the debt is cleared and there will be f**k all jobs in each sector/industry. How will they recover? the government will have to spend money into them again and BOOOM our debt is back :D

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 am

Midfield general wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:ok then, when the debt is cleared and there will be f**k all jobs in each sector/industry. How will they recover? the government will have to spend money into them again and BOOOM our debt is back :D

Do you really think that there will be no jobs in all sectors bearing in mind that there are sectors which are already seeing increases in employement..?

didnt say there'd bo no jobs, yes so far jobs seem to be rising. But I still disagree with the cuts. Call me a left wing idiot as much as you like I stand by what I say. Labour planned to clear the debt in 10 years which wouldve seen a stable country, (other nations are currently clearing their debt in 10 also) the tories have said 5 years which wouldve and has seen cruel cuts.
I agree with them telling big construction firms to give out more apprenticeships and to encourage small businesses. But its just the cuts i have problems with. we CAN spend our way out of the recession...the americans seems to be doing it.

Anyway I'm off to college and we shall finish this off later!.

P.S if the economy is strong and they start to spend more money where we need it and more on the army before the next election...they have my vote

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:13 am

Neither labour or the coalition are acting fast enough with this problem.

I have been back in this country for 14 months of which I have worked for 2 companies on temporary contracts. Both companies had a high percentage of foreigners, Poles and Eastern Europeans. The last company had a base in Poland as well as here in the UK. The UK arm employed a number of contractors. Those contractors were made up of mainly British but quite a few Eastern Europeans like the Polish. The company in Poland have hit a slow time and dont have enough work for their guys there. So they have sent some of them to the UK company who have in turn dismissed some of the UK contractors.

As far as I am concenred the main political parties have stabbed the ordinary British worker in the back. To me I get the impression that the guys running the show are creaming as much as they can before the shit hit the fan. Then they will all bugger off somewhere sticking their middle finger up at the peones they have controlled. Both governments have allowed this to happen and I really hope they all get done for treason or something when the revolution comes.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 am

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN YEE HAAA :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN YEE HAAA :lol: :ayatollah:

Too right or should it be the North.

I want to be one of those guys who seek out traitors. You know, seek out the guys who dont want to fight, find them then throw them in the front line. I can just imagine myself standing behind them all making sure they dont run away. Think they were called Police Trenchmen in the first world war.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Had brilliant news! ive been told ive got the rest of the week off bar friday.

I've noticed that Wales seems to be recovering faster than the others....would we benefit if we went independant do you think?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 pm

I hate this shit, its absolute nonsense. Immigrants arent taking our jobs, they are taking the jobs that lazy british people feel are beneath them and would rather stay on the dole than do. Ive worked with Poles, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese, French people etc etc and the laziest of the bunch? The brits.

Theres work out there, you just have to realise that you have to look for it.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:I hate this shit, its absolute nonsense. Immigrants arent taking our jobs, they are taking the jobs that lazy british people feel are beneath them and would rather stay on the dole than do. Ive worked with Poles, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese, French people etc etc and the laziest of the bunch? The brits.

100% agree. People complain that theres no jobs (i use the excuse) and the immigrants are taking our jobs...GET OF YOUR ARSE AND LOOK FOR ONE

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:I hate this shit, its absolute nonsense. Immigrants arent taking our jobs, they are taking the jobs that lazy british people feel are beneath them and would rather stay on the dole than do. Ive worked with Poles, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese, French people etc etc and the laziest of the bunch? The brits.

What immigration has done is to ensure that when you go to the Jobcentre you
will see "SATISFY'S MINIMUM WAGE REQUIREMENTS" ON NEARLY every job advertised.

There is DEFINITELY work out there .

You can work for minimum wage in a factory/kitchen/sweeping the roads/labouring
gardening... even semi-skilled work has been dragged down to the minimum wage
in certain areas.

Once Thatcher killed off the unions (and the voice of the working man) it ensured that
British Employers could drop their wages through the floor, because a flood of foreign
labour (both legal and illegal) was on the way. Dont worry, pay them £4 an hour, cos we
the government will house and feed them for you off the back of the British taxpayer.

Why do you think Britain has become the number one target for immigrants across the world...

because your government wanted them here.

They wanted them to do YOUR job, for less money

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:55 pm

taffyapple wrote:

What immigration has done is to ensure that when you go to the Jobcentre you
will see "SATISFY'S MINIMUM WAGE REQUIREMENTS" ON NEARLY every job advertised.

There is DEFINITELY work out there .

You can work for minimum wage in a factory/kitchen/sweeping the roads/labouring
gardening... even semi-skilled work has been dragged down to the minimum wage
in certain areas.

Once Thatcher killed off the unions (and the voice of the working man) it ensured that
British Employers could drop their wages through the floor, because a flood of foreign
labour (both legal and illegal) was on the way. Dont worry, pay them £4 an hour, cos we
the government will house and feed them for you off the back of the British taxpayer.

Why do you think Britain has become the number one target for immigrants across the world...

because your government wanted them here.

They wanted them to do YOUR job, for less money

Spot on TA.

SVH, I cannot agree with you fully. Indeed there are lazy Brits who dont want to work, no argument there. However there are alot more Brits who want ot work but cannot because of the immigration floods. I have first hand experience of this from my last place of work where the local workforce is being disregarded for a foreign one.

Adding ot all this there are quite alot of British companies sending there work abroad as it is cheaper to make but when they pass on the product to their client here in the UK they charge UK prices. No gain to the client or there customers but alot of profit for the big wigs at the expense of lost jobs for the Brits.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Neither labour or the coalition are acting fast enough with this problem.

I have been back in this country for 14 months of which I have worked for 2 companies on temporary contracts. Both companies had a high percentage of foreigners, Poles and Eastern Europeans. The last company had a base in Poland as well as here in the UK. The UK arm employed a number of contractors. Those contractors were made up of mainly British but quite a few Eastern Europeans like the Polish. The company in Poland have hit a slow time and dont have enough work for their guys there. So they have sent some of them to the UK company who have in turn dismissed some of the UK contractors.

As far as I am concenred the main political parties have stabbed the ordinary British worker in the back. To me I get the impression that the guys running the show are creaming as much as they can before the shit hit the fan. Then they will all bugger off somewhere sticking their middle finger up at the peones they have controlled. Both governments have allowed this to happen and I really hope they all get done for treason or something when the revolution comes.

We are treated as second class workers in this country by any government that has been in power but now the civil servents are complaining because they are being hit but no one ever seems to mention that the councilors am's and pm's don't get any cut backs or even loose thier jobs even when they lie and steal from us the people we have far too many you could cut back on 25% of these parrasites without it affecting us as for treason blair should be in the tower of london with many many more but not enough room for them :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:37 pm

I work in an industry where the average wage was around £110 a day ten years ago.
Its back-breaking, very labourious, tough work.

Sooner than pay £140 a day now (which is the 'recognised' industry norm)
many companies will just offer shite money cos they know full well they will get
Poles and Slavs to do it!!

I've seen jobs advertised at £7.00 an hour FFS... no problem for the companies cos
they know the foreign lads (who dont work any harder than us) will jump all over
£70-80 a day...

Suddenly, the companies that pay a fair days work for a fair days pay are under
extreme pressure, they are losing out on jobs because the cheapskates are undercutting
them left right and centre...

... and using foreign labour to do it

There will be some reading this who will say "tough shit"

All I'll say is watch your back.

There are the shitty jobs that nobody really wants to do, agreed!.. and the foreign
immigrants from Africa/Asia etc will happily do them for next to nothing... but they
are getting a brand new life to go with it, running water, gas, electricity, safety,
security, food and drink, they are in their glory, cant fault them!

But its not just the bog cleaners jobs they are targetting now

Building firms in London are going bust every day cos they cant compete with
Polish gangs paying Brickies and plasterers a fiver an hour

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:40 pm

100% agree.

I've been in the job centre and often heard the phrase from Brits 'im not doing that'.

Or 'im better off on the dole'.

Bugger me, I'd rather live on less working and have my bloody dignity.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 pm

taffyapple wrote:I work in an industry where the average wage was around £110 a day ten years ago.
Its back-breaking, very labourious, tough work.

Sooner than pay £140 a day now (which is the 'recognised' industry norm)
many companies will just offer shite money cos they know full well they will get
Poles and Slavs to do it!!

I've seen jobs advertised at £7.00 an hour FFS... no problem for the companies cos
they know the foreign lads (who dont work any harder than us) will jump all over
£70-80 a day...

Suddenly, the companies that pay a fair days work for a fair days pay are under
extreme pressure, they are losing out on jobs because the cheapskates are undercutting
them left right and centre...

... and using foreign labour to do it

There will be some reading this who will say "tough shit"

All I'll say is watch your back.

There are the shitty jobs that nobody really wants to do, agreed!.. and the foreign
immigrants from Africa/Asia etc will happily do them for next to nothing... but they
are getting a brand new life to go with it, running water, gas, electricity, safety,
security, food and drink, they are in their glory, cant fault them!

But its not just the bog cleaners jobs they are targetting now

Building firms in London are going bust every day cos they cant compete with
Polish gangs paying Brickies and plasterers a fiver an hour

Adding to that these Brickies from Europe claim working tax for thie rfamilies back home. Only the other day it was reported one family in an Eastern country gets more from us in tax credits than she would do working in her own country. Her husband works here as a brickie on low pay, claims tax credit which he is entitled to and that money gets transfered over to his country for his wife to collect.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Immigrants are great for the country . Have you seen the Polish women :ayatollah: yes please

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:50 pm

I've always got a job when I've gone to the job centre.

Why? because Im willing to do anything for cash (obviously not stripping and pole dancing before the jokes from the smart arses come in :lol: )

This 'there is no jobs because of the immigrants' is a load of complete and utter bull and a cop out and Brits just use it to cover their own bone idle ways.

How come the immigrants can come here then and waltz into jobs instantly? Its because they WANT to work. Its because they're WILLING to do anything that comes up to make cash to send back home to support their families. If they are WILLING to work then good luck to them, I can't fault them.

If the lazy bone idle Brits can't be bothered to wait on people, pick up litter, clean petrol stations, work in McDonalds, Burger King etc etc. then stuff them and their lazy arses with no motivation.

The amount of people my age I hear say 'Im not working in McDonalds or KFC because my friends will take the pee' is an absolute joke. They should be forced to bloody work whether its a job of choice or community service.

If you want dole, you should contribute to the community thats paying your dole for it. NQAT!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:I've always got a job when I've gone to the job centre.

Why? because Im willing to do anything for cash (obviously not stripping and pole dancing before the jokes from the smart arses come in :lol: )

This 'there is no jobs because of the immigrants' is a load of complete and utter bull and a cop out and Brits just use it to cover their own bone idle ways.

How come the immigrants can come here then and waltz into jobs instantly? Its because they WANT to work. Its because they're WILLING to do anything that comes up to make cash to send back home to support their families. If they are WILLING to work then good luck to them, I can't fault them.

If the lazy bone idle Brits can't be bothered to wait on people, pick up litter, clean petrol stations, work in McDonalds, Burger King etc etc. then stuff them and their lazy arses with no motivation.

The amount of people my age I hear say 'Im not working in McDonalds or KFC because my friends will take the pee' is an absolute joke. They should be forced to bloody work whether its a job of choice or community service.

If you want dole, you should contribute to the community thats paying your dole for it. NQAT!

And what about those who want to work but find the jobs they want are taken up by these Poles and I am not talking about KFC either but actual skilled jobs like computer repairing and electrical installations.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Just found 1,900 jobs if anyone is interested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-13838563 :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

100% agree.

I've been in the job centre and often heard the phrase from Brits 'im not doing that'.

It sums this country up that it can be the case that people are better off on the dole.

However on the other hand there are loads of folk who genuinely can't get work. My mate worked for 12 years and got paid off when his employers went to the wall. He has been for hundreds of interviews and keeps getting rejected. He's a hard working boy with a daughter to provide for and he keeps getting knocked back. He's getting nothing in benefits and is really struggling. finally after over a year of trying he's managed to find some work through an agency but he knows that could dry up at anytime. Why are people like that being made to suffer yet arseholes get away with murder and get their pockets filled.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

100% agree.

I'd never been out of work in my life up until last year. The Jobcentre was the
most depressing place i've ever been. Your right, some foreigners will do any job
for any wage. But this country had seduced them with the promise of subsidised
housing, bills, benefits, free health care. Its luxury for them.

But Many British families are NOT lazy bastards. By taking a job that only pays
£6.00 an hour, a man may risk losing housing benefits, help with bills etc etc
... and find himself working 40 hours a week to tread water or worse!!!

Easy answer... A fair days pay for a fair days work

Thats what most of us want

But the mass immigration policy has fucked that up for good!!!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Had brilliant news! ive been told ive got the rest of the week off bar friday.

I've noticed that Wales seems to be recovering faster than the others....would we benefit if we went independant do you think?

Ask the Irish how that is working out for them.

They do what the EU tell them and they are broke.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:02 pm

I have worked for a company that provided benefit calculation software and can say that you are NEVER better off on the dole. Even if you are subsidised because you can only work 16 hours you are still better off doing that than not working.

I watched a documentary last year that showed 3 19 year old kids complaining there were no jobs but there idea of searching for the jobs was to look down the high street and then at the job centre, twice a week. They then showed a polish girl that had been in the country for two days and had applied for 35 jobs in the same area.

Personally I have had brief periods of unemployment. I was a civil servant and did not have my contract renewed last year so I applied for about 15 full time jobs a week and then in the last few weeks I started applying for temporary jobs. When I was unemployed I applied for about 15 jobs a day. Thats how you get work, not by bloody whingeing about foreigners.

Lets not forget that foreigners are needed to fill gaps in skilled labour. The NHS was on the verge of collapse in the 50s when we brought nurses and doctors from all over the world. Expect that to happen again in a few years time as no one can afford to study to be a doctor anymore.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:Lets not forget that foreigners are needed to fill gaps in skilled labour.

Yes if there are no Brits available to do the work but that is not the case. I know quite a few skilled Brits who are out of work because these foreigners are doing the work they should be doing.

I've worked in several countries where I was doing a job that the local workforce could not do. I was under no illusion that is a local came on the scene who was qualified then I was on my way. The fact that I knew the job backward compared to the qualified local who had never work in such a position was besides the point, I was gone. In Britain it seems to me the locals are competing on an even keel with the foreigners and the governments have allowed this to happen. We have been stabbed in the back my these governments unlike foreign governments who look after their own.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:I have worked for a company that provided benefit calculation software and can say that you are NEVER better off on the dole. Even if you are subsidised because you can only work 16 hours you are still better off doing that than not working.

I watched a documentary last year that showed 3 19 year old kids complaining there were no jobs but there idea of searching for the jobs was to look down the high street and then at the job centre, twice a week. They then showed a polish girl that had been in the country for two days and had applied for 35 jobs in the same area.

Personally I have had brief periods of unemployment. I was a civil servant and did not have my contract renewed last year so I applied for about 15 full time jobs a week and then in the last few weeks I started applying for temporary jobs. When I was unemployed I applied for about 15 jobs a day. Thats how you get work, not by bloody whingeing about foreigners.

Lets not forget that foreigners are needed to fill gaps in skilled labour. The NHS was on the verge of collapse in the 50s when we brought nurses and doctors from all over the world. Expect that to happen again in a few years time as no one can afford to study to be a doctor anymore.

very true

which is why the tories were given a right ear bashing from british industry leaders over their plans to reduce immigration as we need highly skilled foreign labour

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am

Sludge wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote:I have worked for a company that provided benefit calculation software and can say that you are NEVER better off on the dole. Even if you are subsidised because you can only work 16 hours you are still better off doing that than not working.

very true

which is why the tories were given a right ear bashing from british industry leaders over their plans to reduce immigration as we need highly skilled foreign labour

I bet they did Sludge. British industry leaders want more immigration workers so they can pay less wages. There are enough British skilled workers out there to fill these spots but are being given the blind eye by these leaders because the leaders can do.

As the the chap applying for 15 jobs a day I just wonder how many of these companies already employ immigrants when a British guy could be employed?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:24 am

probably none, i applied for graduate level positions. the company i work for now employs the best person for the job which is generally the case.