Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Forsyth Of Dundee

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:47 am

A 22 year 6ft midfield player last week turned down a move to Crystal Palace after reaching agreement with Watford and Malky Mackay.

I wonder if Malky will fancy bringing him here instead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Craig Forsyth Of Dundee

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 am

I would guess he might have told GJ to get on the phone to his agent :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 am

A highly rated CM player in the Darren Pratley mould available for £100k and if he can agree terms with Watford he is hardly going to break the bank here.

Has to be worth a look surely. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:01 am

definetly worth a look,sounds exactly the type of player we are looking for

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 am

According to Watford sources, he was due to sign for us on Friday but has now backed out.

And to think Malky was highly critical of Brendan Rodgers for poaching Watford's players when he jumped ship to Reading....

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:04 am

englishbluebird wrote:definetly worth a look,sounds exactly the type of player we are looking for

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Footb ... level.html

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 pm

anotherhornet wrote:According to Watford sources, he was due to sign for us on Friday but has now backed out.

And to think Malky was highly critical of Brendan Rodgers for poaching Watford's players when he jumped ship to Reading....

Technically he's not Watford's player so does it still count as poaching a Watford player or does is count as poaching their potential targets? (not meant as a dig just depends which way you look at it)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Peely CCFC PT wrote:
anotherhornet wrote:According to Watford sources, he was due to sign for us on Friday but has now backed out.

Technically he's not Watford's player so does it still count as poaching a Watford player or does is count as poaching their potential targets? (not meant as a dig just depends which way you look at it)

I think he's fair game if he's only a target not a watford player

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 pm

I think that was always going to happen.

I'm sure it was a factor in GJ wanting Malky, he probably has a shortlist of players he would like to bring in that wont break the bank.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:52 pm

he is having a medical at watford tomorrow

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/ ... syth_move/

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Peely CCFC PT wrote:

I think he's fair game if he's only a target not a watford player

It was slightly further forward than just a target, as he was due at the club to sign last Friday. Hopefully it will go through, I think Watford fans really need something positive to happen as it's been all doom & gloom for the last couple of weeks with the number of people leaving.

I know as he isn't actually ours it wouldn't be considered poaching but fair game, but still that would've been a little low.....

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Acording to the Watford local rag it's a done deal and his medical is tomorrow.

I would assume MacKay would be bending his ear if he rates him that much.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Feel sorry if you miss out because he decides to follow MM but tbh we've been on the wrong end of lots of bad stuff regarding transfers...players being "stolen" from under our noses after agreeing to sign for us. Mostly down to greedy and unscrupulous agents!!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Weren't the most notable Jody Morris and Marcus Bent, I think both of which we had lucky escapes with :D

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm

moonboots wrote:

Feel sorry if you miss out because he decides to follow MM but tbh we've been on the wrong end of lots of bad stuff regarding transfers...players being "stolen" from under our noses after agreeing to sign for us. Mostly down to greedy and unscrupulous agents!!

I don't think we've ever been on the right side of bad stuff!! The best one to happen involving a Watford player was Tommy Smith. Having just seen Brendan "Mr Integrity" Rodgers walk out on us, poach 2 of our players on the cheap and then come back to sign a 3rd, Smith was on his way to Reading to sign for him & be unveiled at a press conference when he got a call that Portsmouth were interested. He promptly turned his car around and went down there! Utter Watford legend for doing that.

I hate football agents. Always looking for their next big pay day. Speaking of which, have Villa sold Ashley Young for a massive amount of money yet? We need the sell-on fee.....

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Anotherhornet......don't know if Young has gone, I imagine he will so hope you get a decent sell-on fee.