Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE REASON HUGHTON AND DI MATTEO DIDNT GET THE JOB

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 am

My source has informed me (reliable) that Di Matteo turned up pissed to his interview with Cardiff. Kris Hughton gave a powerpoint presentation to the board and was doing really well impressing jenkins when suddenly he turned over a slide on the powerpoint and it had all west ham united logos and information( as he had the week before his cardiff interview, got interviewed for the vacant west ham job) and forgot to remove them or change them to cardiff city. Jenkins and whitley were not impressed.

This is what i have been told from a reliable source.

Re: THE REASON HUGHTON AND DI MATTEO DIDNT GET THE JOB

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am

ccfcdor wrote:My source has informed me (reliable) that Di Matteo turned up pissed to his interview with Cardiff. Kris Hughton gave a powerpoint presentation to the board and was doing really well impressing jenkins when suddenly he turned over a slide on the powerpoint and it had all west ham united logos and information( as he had the week before his cardiff interview, got interviewed for the vacant west ham job) and forgot to remove them or change them to cardiff city. Jenkins and whitley were not impressed.

was it from a friend of a player?? :p

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 am

Why the hell would Di Matteo turn up pissed for such an important interview is this a wind up :roll: :?:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 am

no wind up, this is what i have been told, either turned up pissed or buzzing of alcohol, something like tha.maybe carl has heard the same and can help me out?

its what i been told

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 am

What an absolute load of bollocks!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:28 am

ccfcdor wrote:My source has informed me (reliable) that Di Matteo turned up pissed to his interview with Cardiff. Kris Hughton gave a powerpoint presentation to the board and was doing really well impressing jenkins when suddenly he turned over a slide on the powerpoint and it had all west ham united logos and information( as he had the week before his cardiff interview, got interviewed for the vacant west ham job) and forgot to remove them or change them to cardiff city. Jenkins and whitley were not impressed.

The Hughton reason is one epic fail.

I bet he didn't do the same for his Brum interview!

Got to laugh :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:29 am

well look at it this way lads, why all of a sudden did hughton and di matteo go from being the front two for the job, to nothing??? and both are now fav for the brum job?

brum r in crisis, lots of rebuilding to do and those two are the favourites?

so why did two big managers who have been there done it in this league all of a sudden have no chance of getting the job with us?

strange aint it

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am

Haha i thought this was tounge in cheek u cant be serious :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 am

For some reason, Di Matteo always seems drunk but I think that's just the way he is! As for Hughton if that is true that is comedy gold. Hahahaha. :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 am

If this is true, its one the best stories ive herd :lol:
But surely it cant be true :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:43 am

Joker :lol: you should do stand up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If true, only at Cardiff. Brilliant, Carry on Cardiff :ayatollah: I love my club.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 am

I see a new thread, get curious and then realise the name that made the thread. Nothing personal of course, but that's what your threads have done to me. :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Both are true.

I've been told the same.

Di Matteo however wasn't drunk, just stank of booze. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:46 pm

hahahaha, if this wasn't a wind up I'd be pissing myself.

Can you imagine Chris Hughton not getting a job because he's shit at Powerpoint!!!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:54 pm

If that's true re Hughton then it does stink a bit. The fact that he's went to such effort for starters is a good thing.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:08 pm

ccfcdor wrote:well look at it this way lads, why all of a sudden did hughton and di matteo go from being the front two for the job, to nothing??? and both are now fav for the brum job?

brum r in crisis, lots of rebuilding to do and those two are the favourites?

so why did two big managers who have been there done it in this league all of a sudden have no chance of getting the job with us?

strange aint it

I still believe you are just on a wind up ( for your sake I really hope you are). If you really do believe this story then you really are gullible.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Must be silly season again.

So let me get this straight.. Hughton, who is currently out of work, turned up with a copied and pasted presentation with West Ham marketing all over it. Hmmm? The job he was going for was likely to pay him a salary of anything between 500k to 800k per year! I cannot for one minute think that he or at least his agent or assistant did not make sure his presentation was absolutley perfect.

And Di Matteo was pissed?

Yeah Right! :roll:

It all now makes perfect sense why they did not get the job. Thanks for that!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 pm

This must be true! I seen him in the foresters!!

He told me he was trying to calm his nerve!
;)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:27 pm

I heard the same thing about RDM, not smashed, but stinking of booze! Glad he didn't get the job if that's his attitude!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 pm

spot on .this is exactly what i got told as well from someone close to the club...also apparently di matteo is a bit of a piss head ,likes the party scene,one of the reasons west brom got shot of him !!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:52 pm

not sure bout hughton but di matteo has a drink problem.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:55 pm

the dark side wrote:not sure bout hughton but di matteo has a drink problem.

Would have been the perfect manager for us then.........

.......if we still had Chopra :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Its all true boys O'NEIL got there with no clothes on and Avram Grant lought all the way through his interview while Mark Robins turned up with tw*t written an his head where his mates had writing it on him night before when he had to much weed and fell asleep. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:43 pm

brickyblue wrote:Its all true boys O'NEIL got there with no clothes on and Avram Grant lought all the way through his interview while Mark Robins turned up with tw*t written an his head where his mates had writing it on him night before when he had to much weed and fell asleep. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: