Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players you'd like to see sign in the summer (realistically)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:16 pm

For me it'd be:
David Goodwillie - Plays for Dundee United, could cost a bit but is an immense prospect.
Robert Earnshaw - I'd love Earnie back, still think he can do a job at this level
Jay Bothroyd - Without a doubt the best striker in the league on his day, if we can get him back I'd be over the moon
Ryan Bertrand - Good left back who likes to get forward
Don Cowie - Can play in the middle or on the right, would be a great player to have in the team
John Eustace - Another good midfielder, plays quite deep and could do the dog-like work in midfield.
Steve McGinn - Highly rated Scotish prospect, may come at a price however.
Bolo Zenden - Would be one of the best signing we could make. Technically brilliant player.
Craig Bellamy - Obvious reasons.
Jason Koumas - Free transfer and would be an immense asset if he can play to his potential consistently next season.
Steven Caldwell - Sort out the back line and has bags of experience at this level with Burnley.
David Carney - Again on a free transfer and is far better than Lee Naylor. Need to bing in at least two left backs I think.
Henri Lansbury - Has real class an is a good passer of the ball, would like to see him here this season.
Andrew Taylor - Good left back who can also play left midfield. Already linked with him.
David Jones - On a free transfer and has bags of quality. Is likely to remain in the Premier League however.
Giles Barnes - Never really lived up to the expectations around him but still only 22 and is a good attacking midfielder who could add a touch of flair to the midfield.
Daniel Gabbidon - Still a great centre back and although many don't l;ike the idea of re-signiong players I think Gabbidon would be great for us if we signed him next season.

Re: Players you'd like to see sign in the summer (realistically)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:18 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:For me it'd be:
David Goodwillie - Plays for Dundee United, could cost a bit but is an immense prospect.
Robert Earnshaw - I'd love Earnie back, still think he can do a job at this level
Jay Bothroyd - Without a doubt the best striker in the league on his day, if we can get him back I'd be over the moon
Ryan Bertrand - Good left back who likes to get forwardDon Cowie - Can play in the middle or on the right, would be a great player to have in the teamJohn Eustace - Another good midfielder, plays quite deep and could do the dog-like work in midfield.Steve McGinn - Highly rated Scotish prospect, may come at a price however.
Bolo Zenden - Would be one of the best signing we could make. Technically brilliant player.
Jason Koumas - Free transfer and would be an immense asset if he can play to his potential consistently next season.
Steven Caldwell - Sort out the back line and has bags of experience at this level with Burnley.
David Carney - Again on a free transfer and is far better than Lee Naylor. Need to bing in at least two left backs I think.
Henri Lansbury - Has real class an is a good passer of the ball, would like to see him here this season
Andrew Taylor - Good left back who can also play left midfield. Already linked with him.
David Jones - On a free transfer and has bags of quality. Is likely to remain in the Premier League however.
Giles Barnes - Never really lived up to the expectations around him but still only 22 and is a good attacking midfielder who could add a touch of flair to the midfield.
Daniel Gabbidon - Still a great centre back and although many don't l;ike the idea of re-signiong players I think Gabbidon would be great for us if we signed him next season.

all in bold plus, treacy and conway and eagles :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Chris McCann from Burnley, out of contract, Burnley desperate for him to re-sign. Murdered in the first half when we played up there a few weeks ago.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:48 pm

........Murdered us i mean

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Don Cowie - Can play in the middle or on the right, would be a great player to have in the team
John Eustace - Another good midfielder, plays quite deep and could do the dog-like work in midfield.
Henri Lansbury - Has real class an is a good passer of the ball, would like to see him here this season.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Defo earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 pm

[quote="MyNameIsAled"]For me it'd be:
Robert Earnshaw - I'd love Earnie back, still think he can do a job at this levelJay Bothroyd - Without a doubt the best striker in the league on his day, if we can get him back I'd be over the moon
Don Cowie - Can play in the middle or on the right, would be a great player to have in the teamJohn Eustace - Another good midfielder, plays quite deep and could do the dog-like work in midfield.
Bolo Zenden - Would be one of the best signing we could make. Technically brilliant player.Craig Bellamy - Obvious reasons.Jason Koumas - Free transfer and would be an immense asset if he can play to his potential consistently next season.
Daniel Gabbidon - Still a great centre back and although many don't l;ike the idea of re-signiong players I think Gabbidon would be great for us if we signed him next season.[/quote]

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Adam Le Fondre
Anthony Pilkington
Lee Peltier
Mackail Smith (if Norwich lose interest in him I'd go for him at the end of the transfer window)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Alan Gow because he's my mate, he's free and he was due to go on trial at Brum next week until McLeish fucked off!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Personally I'd like to see:

Craig Bellamy
David Goodwillie (Dundee Utd) /
Resign Jay Bothroyd
Robert Earnshaw
Ryan Bertrand/Andrew Taylor (Both a LB)
Neil Danns
Nigel Reo-Coker
Don Cowie
Danny Ward (Bolton - Was on loan at huddersfield last season)
Craig Conway/Anthony Pilkington

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 pm

NLCCFC wrote:Personally I'd like to see:

Craig Bellamy
David Goodwillie (Dundee Utd) /
Resign Jay Bothroyd
Robert Earnshaw
Ryan Bertrand/Andrew Taylor (Both a LB)
Neil Danns
Nigel Reo-Coker
Don Cowie
Danny Ward (Bolton - Was on loan at huddersfield last season)
Craig Conway/Anthony Pilkington

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I like Goodwillie but I would steer clear until he resolves his personal matters.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Goalkeepers
GK Keiren Westwood (Free) - Looks like he's going to a Premiership team, but still worth a punt. He may want to grantee playing week in week out by staying in the Championship, who knows.

Defenders
CB Danny Gabbidon (Free) - Would be great to see him back and I think he would love to come back. (We need more players like him, who wear the shirt with pride.)
LB Andrew Taylor (Free)(Boro) or Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea) - I'd be happy with either one of these here next season. Malky rates Taylor highly.

Midfielders
CM David Jones (Free)(Wolves) - Box to Box Central Midfielder which is something we lacked last season, he has Premiership experience, experience of getting promoted with Derby, played with some of the best players in the world with Man Utd.
CM Jonathan Hogg (Villa) - Looks so experienced on the pitch but yet he's still only young, the next Scott Parker.
CM John Bostock (Spurs) - Talented, skilful, can play anywhere in Midfield, Spurs would surely loan him out to us but putting a permanent bid in is worth a punt.
CM Craig Forsyth (Dundee) - Big Central Midfielder who breaks up the oppositions play. One of Malky's targets at Watford.
CM Jason Koumas (Free) - I'd give him another chance on a pay-as-you-play deal. Good experience to have in the squad.
WG Chris Eagles (Burnley) - One of the best players in this division imo, would love to see him here but it's very unlikely it will happen.
WG Lee Martin (Ipswich) - Fast, Tricky, Good Cross, etc. Would be a brilliant replacement for Burke.
WG Craig Conway (Dundee Utd) - What i've seen of him he reminds me of Ross McCormack on the left wing at the start of last season, quick, skilful and an eye for goal.

Strikers
ST Craig Bellamy (Could be Free if things go to plan) - Hopefully Craig can work his magic and get back down here on a free.
ST Leon Best (Newcastle) or Jay Bothroyd (Free) - I'd be very happy with either one of these here next season.
ST Robert Earnshaw (Free) - Would love to see him here next year and I think he would love to be here next season himself.(We need more players like him, who wear the shirt with pride.)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Id love to see David Jones, Jonathan Hogg and Leon Best here. Great suggestions! :ayatollah:

Wonder if Malky has discovered this messageboard yet ;)

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 pm

David Jones would be a great signing, didn't realise he was available.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Also Andrew Driver and Craig conway.....they will do for starters