Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are you happy with our goalkeepers?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Would you be content to start the season with Marshall and Heaton? I wouldnt be, Marshall crap at crosses and distribution, and Heaton seems to have confidence issues, both good shot stoppers though. Sell them and get Boaz Myhill who is second fiddle at WBA and maybe a freebie as back up, maybe Brown again!

Re: Are you happy with our goalkeepers?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 pm

No. We need a keeper who can organize his defenders, also take a catch now and again. Both Heaton and Marshall are useless with high crosses into the box, useless.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Would you rate Scott loach as a better keeper than marshall and heaton?

i think i would, but not by much though

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Yes, thanks, I am.

Had we had a season in recent years where one goalkeeper had played nigh on every game I think our defence as a whole would've been more settled. As it is I can't remember the last time that happened.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Midfield general wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50800

read that earlier, if i was malko i would definately look into that! :shock:
:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 am

I would say that is an absolute necessity,at the moment.Heaton appears to be a bundle of nerves ans marshall is injury prone.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:53 am

Get kasper and ross back from leeds in a swap for whittingham

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:01 am

Get kasper and ross back from leeds in a swap for whittingham

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:11 am

We haven't got one good keeper between them all

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:20 am

Agood goalkeeper will earn you at least fifteen points a season, i cant recall many games last season when i came away from a game and said our keeper got us the points today can anyone else, so thats my reason for saying a keeper is a priority.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 am

we deffo need 1 maybe two
green is available and dare i say
doris from the jacks

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:54 am

yes, heaton still has a bit of learning to do but hes a great keeper, same applies with marshall :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:yes, heaton still has a bit of learning to do but hes a great keeper, same applies with marshall :ayatollah:

Where's Heaton's head at the moment?

And nobody say "wherever he is!" You know what I mean! :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:23 am

No, they are just average. I hope we ship one out and get a better quality keeper as first choice.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:25 am

glammy74 wrote:Would you rate Scott loach as a better keeper than marshall and heaton?

i think i would, but not by much though

Have'nt seen enouh of him to make a judgement. Watford would surely want a wedge for him though.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 am

evans above wrote:Agood goalkeeper will earn you at least fifteen points a season, i cant recall many games last season when i came away from a game and said our keeper got us the points today can anyone else, so thats my reason for saying a keeper is a priority.

This ^^^^

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 am

I,ve just posted this on another thread:-

"Firstly he his not worth the money (£1.5m) and secondly he his the same as what we have already got at the club with heaton and marshall, a good shotstopper, what we are crying out for is a keeper who can also command his area, ie someone who can come as far as the 18 yard line and actually take crosses, we havn,t had one of those for years!!!!