Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Whittingham transfer updates!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:44 pm

These are two different extracs about Peter Whittingham's transfer status...

"Leicester City look set to beat Nottingham Forest to the signing of Peter Whittingham from Cardiff City. Leicester chiefs were in Cardiff over the weekend to thrash out a £1m deal."

and here is the other one...

"Cardiff City are to replace the outgoing Peter Whittingham with Alan Gow."

How do you feel about this? personally i wouldn't like to see him go. :(
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Peter Whittingham transfer updates!

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Alan Gow?

Hasn't he just been released by Notts County?

Are you reading those daft transfer rumour sites?

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Wayne S wrote:Alan Gow?

well yes, but i would say the 1st source about leicester city is much more believable. im just copying exactly what the sources have said. and yes he's just been released by notts county! :?
:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Our best player now, without any shadow of a doubt.

Anything less than £4m is daylight robbery and will be a sickening reflection of our club's financial standing (or lack thereof).

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Our best player now, without any shadow of a doubt.

Anything less than £4m is daylight robbery and will be a sickening reflection of our club's financial standing (or lack thereof).

he's definately our best player at this moment in time but 4million? thats askin for a bit much isnt it? :lol:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Really don't think he's someone we can afford to be selling, but aside from that, I also don't think it's a good idea to be selling anyone else before some new players are brought in. Really need to put together a team with what we have plus some new additions, and leave it until January to see what existing players aren't pulling their weight.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Wayne S wrote:Alan Gow?

He left because he wants to play at a higher level. County wanted him to stay.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:26 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

he's definately our best player at this moment in time but 4million? thats askin for a bit much isnt it? :lol:

Yes. Yes it is. That's the point.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 pm

1m :lol: :lol: :lol: massively underrated.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 pm

agreed

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:48 pm

slowest f*cking winger in history :twisted:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:03 am

jinks-rct wrote:slowest f*cking winger in history :twisted:

I would never class him as a winger, more of a wide player IMO.
Beckham never had pace, could cross a ball and would score tho and Witts offers us both those.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:09 am

4 Million? isn't that what Man City want for Bellamy?? i dont quite understand how Bellamy and Whittingham could be valued at the same price, I'm sorry but 4 million wouls be daylight robbery to any club buying him, don't get me wrong... he is a class act on his day, but as one said 'I'm sick of him hiding when it matters' :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:18 am

jinks-rct wrote:slowest f*cking winger in history :twisted:

That'd be because he's not a winger.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am

1dcook wrote:4 Million? isn't that what Man City want for Bellamy?? i dont quite understand how Bellamy and Whittingham could be valued at the same price, I'm sorry but 4 million wouls be daylight robbery to any club buying him, don't get me wrong... he is a class act on his day, but as one said 'I'm sick of him hiding when it matters' :ayatollah:

Precisely.

Which is why I wouldn't accept any less than £4m.

Because we'd keep a class player, or, we'd rob someone of £4m.

I'm surprised it's taking some people this long to come round to this way of thinking tbh. No business acumen amongst you lot is there :lol: :lol:

He doesn't hide when it matters.

For the last two seasons he's been there when it matters. Which is all season.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:45 am

I wouldn,t like to see Whitts go at this time. We have lost enough goal scoters as it is without bringing anyone in as yet. He not only creates goals bu he scores a lot. Look at the number he has scored over the last couple of seasons. He is an excellent dead ball taker. I know that we are going to get new players coming to the club but at this time where are we likely to score goals? There would be NO goalscorers in the team.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 am

DaveSheffield wrote:
1dcook wrote:4 Million? isn't that what Man City want for Bellamy?? i dont quite understand how Bellamy and Whittingham could be valued at the same price, I'm sorry but 4 million wouls be daylight robbery to any club buying him, don't get me wrong... he is a class act on his day, but as one said 'I'm sick of him hiding when it matters' :ayatollah:

Precisely.

Which is why I wouldn't accept any less than £4m.

Because we'd keep a class player, or, we'd rob someone of £4m.

I'm surprised it's taking some people this long to come round to this way of thinking tbh. No business acumen amongst you lot is there :lol: :lol:

He doesn't hide when it matters.

For the last two seasons he's been there when it matters. Which is all season.

Nope, he doesn't disappear in games whatsoever.

Quality player, agree. Not much of an asset when he only displays that 1 in every 4 games or so.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 am

Id like us to sign Alan Gow. I rated him highly at Blackpool, how on earth he ended up in Notts County is another thing mind,

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:29 am

We've got a small enough squad already, wouldn't want many more to go! Talking about Whitts leaving is bonkers!! He's been key for us in the last 2 seasons! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:45 am

£1m would be a decent price. We should be looking to get players in before selling though

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 am

£1mil?!?!??? atleast £2.5mil please1!!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:54 am

ffs wrote:£1m would be a decent price. We should be looking to get players in before selling though

Can't believe what I'm reading here! £1 million would be a bargain! He's proven in this league and got a while left on his contract!

Can't sell him, surely????? :?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 am

I'm hearing Leeds and it will be announced in the coming days - hopefully Carl can confirm.

My source has no reason to lie...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 am

AUSSIE wrote:I'm hearing Leeds and it will be announced in the coming days - hopefully Carl can confirm.

My source has no reason to lie...

Another new poster with a random rumour! Get alot of City transfer goss. in Oz mate? ;)

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:09 am

Not really - but I do know people who live overseas and there's this amazing new thing called the internet...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 am

AUSSIE wrote:Not really - but I do know people who live overseas and there's this amazing new thing called the internet...

Yeah it's brilliant isn't it. If your sources for the Whitts to Leeds are on t'internet then can you copy the link in to your next post? I'd love to read about it! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:26 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
AUSSIE wrote:Not really - but I do know people who live overseas and there's this amazing new thing called the internet...

Yeah it's brilliant isn't it. If your sources for the Whitts to Leeds are on t'internet then can you copy the link in to your next post? I'd love to read about it! :ayatollah:

No link Aussie? t'internet gone down in Oz? Don't keep us all waiting! :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:27 am

ffs wrote:£1m would be a decent price. We should be looking to get players in before selling though

A decent price ? Perhaps you could list all those players of similar ability or better we could hope to get for that money to replace Whitts? Remember we are looking for a player who is still young and capable of scoring 35 goals from midfield over 2 years in the championship as well as chipping in with over 20 assists. Charlie Adam perhaps, but Blackpool might want a little more money....

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 am

Nemo wrote:

A decent price ? Perhaps you could list all those players of similar ability or better we could hope to get for that money to replace Whitts? Remember we are looking for a player who is still young and capable of scoring 35 goals from midfield over 2 years in the championship as well as chipping in with over 20 assists. Charlie Adam perhaps, but Blackpool might want a little more money....

Spot on my fishy friend!! :lol:

I can't believe some are thinking he should go, let alone for £1million! :shock:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:37 am

He will stay and sign a new contract imo.

Hope so anyway. If he was to go anything less than £2 million would be robbery.