Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why do people think that we will get the players......

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Don't quote me on this one, I could well be wrong, but I'd imagine the players Watford would've targeted would have been players of a higher standard than those they already have.

Unless of course they'd just sign players worse than they've already got, you know, just for shits and giggles like.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Midfield general wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Don't quote me on this one, I could well be wrong, but I'd imagine the players Watford would've targeted would have been players of a higher standard than those they already have.

Unless of course they'd just sign players worse than they've already got, you know, just for shits and giggles like.

But probably not better than the ones they have lost. They finished 14th in the table and would probably want to get at the playoffs but that should be the minimum of our hopes given the amount of money which is in the kitty.

How much money is in the kitty?

And in fairness I doubt many will complain if we get next season's top scorer signed up.

Of course I see your point but the reality is rumours are rumours, and the ones linking us to Watford players/targets are just really really unimaginative and lazy ones.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Well Austin's done nothing for Burnley so you're right there.

Le Fondre's a risk but then it depends how much you pay for him. If it was a Roger Johnson £250k job then we're laughing. If it's a Ched Evans £3m job then it's not so funny if he can't cut it up here.

As I said, rumours are rumours and that's all they'll be until the players are on the pitch in a City shirt scoring goals for City and keeping clean sheets for City.