Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ot Gran canaria

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 am

thinking of going to gran canaria have anybody been and recomend a good all inclusive hotel or best resorts :ayatollah:

Re: ot Gran canaria

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:23 am

Playa Del Ingles is the busiest resort. Plenty of bars and restaurants and a nice beach. Maspolmas is also good as it near Playa Del Ingles but a little bit quieter.

I would go for either a Riu hotel or a Princess hotel. Both hotel groups have lots of hotels in Gran Canaria and they are all nice. Most are either 4 or 5 star.

You can book direct with hotels or through a tour operator.

Have a look:

http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/spain/gran-canaria/

http://www.princess-hotels.com/web/EN/F ... oteles.asp

Friend of mine went to the Riu Grand Palace Maspalomas and said it was amazing!

The Maspalomas Princess is also really nice.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:48 am

went for xmas and new year back a few years ago, stayed in Puerto plata. resort ok but the beach not that good.
we stayed in Puerto Azul and I liked the hotel, pool nice but it was at the top of a steep hill, so if you have
walking difficulties could be a problem.

The is a rui near Amadores which looked good.

Amadores is a great beach and worth a day trip if you dont there, a bus goes there from most resorts.

went to Playa Del Ingles for the day, did not like it very big.

a day trip to Morgan was good and the cammel riding

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm

maspalomas is very flat you can walk to playa de ingles along the beach in front of the sand dunes cracking place lots of bars and shops ; went to porto rico for a day trip very hilly good for the heart and lungs looks ok though :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:31 pm

cheers lads a great help :ayatollah: :D

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 am

Escorial hotel IN PLAYA DE INGLES went a couple of years ago. hotel is almost entirely german guests-didnt bother us as at all -our kids were virtually only children there -But they (and us) had a great time. Rooms are a bit dated but a good size-double sided pulls at the bar so you can pour your own beer or soft dronks-quality wine by the bottle & internationl branded spirits not just local versions as in most all inc. Food was superb,freshly squeezd orange juice at brekkie with spanish champagne if you wanted -all meals to a high standard - my kids loved the chocolate fountain dessert time. There is an outdoor jacuzzi in the gardens-and in the basement a massive health type spa(never used so cant comment on-but is inc in price) also bowling alley ,table tennis and FREE use computers about 6 of them i recall with unlimited internet access.The hotel is only classified as a 3 star but have a look at the reviews on trip advisor where many reckon facilities match a 5 star. You cant book the hotel as part of a package holiday with our hol companies ie first choice ,thomson etc, but book through one of the accom only websites such as alpa rooms or sunshine.co. uk (who we booked with). As hotel is almost entirely German guests i think this explains why it is so good -as they dont accept shit food etc like us brits.....oh one last thing YOU DO HAVE TO RESERVE A SUNBED B4 BREAKFAST IF YOU WANT ONE-IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM.