Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dyche given Watford job

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Not coming to city then

Re: Dyche given Watford job

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not coming to city the

Bummer, I would have liked him to have come here to help Malky settle in and update the club...........

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:02 pm

burton will stay people prob won't take what i say as good thing but

when i used train same time as the players down the vale and speak to them, they always where high regards of terry respect him very much. for the other coaches tho i think there might be few changes there

think dj over shadowed burton so i think mm will keep him

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:24 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:burton will stay people prob won't take what i say as good thing but

when i used train same time as the players down the vale and speak to them, they always where high regards of terry respect him very much. for the other coaches tho i think there might be few changes there

Don't often disagree with you 23 but I think it's time to have a complete clear out. Burton was DJ's right hand man, so can't be blameless. Besides he been at the club for ages, fresh start I reckon! Having said that, Ardley wouldn't be a bad shout, seems rated!:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:burton will stay people prob won't take what i say as good thing but

I agree.

I think Burton's experience and character will make him a great foil for Mackay.

I'm not sure if they worked together at Watford, but if Mackay didn't want him I'm sur ehe would have pushed him out.

Burton now has the chance to work with someone new. I credit Burton with the excellent development of players at this club over the last 7 years and I'm pleased he's got the opportunity to have another crack with a different character in charge.

Check out also his past record of player development with Watford, Wimbledon and Arsenal, its very very good.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Old Burton interview. Might be of some interest.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 75,00.html

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 pm

A number two has to be a good coach but just as important the manager has to trust them and for there to be some chemistry. Let MM decide

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A number two has to be a good coach but just as important the manager has to trust them and for there to be some chemistry. Let MM decide

Does a number 2 really matter....or is it just a load of shit? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :oops: