Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

all that work on manor way,to put 100 meters

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:32 pm

of bus lane,i really dont see whats been achieved,but maybe im just not a bus passenger :( :( :ayatollah:

Re: all that work on manor way,to put 100 meters

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:36 pm

thinking the same ,would love to know how much money was spent on that 100m of extra lane.no wonder were skint.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 pm

krab wrote:of bus lane,i really dont see whats been achieved,but maybe im just not a bus passenger :( :( :ayatollah:

Went passed today, I think councils have gone trigger happy with money, it looks pathetic.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Almost as clever as the money they spent on those shitty pedestrian crossings outside Cardiff Castle.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

yeh but have you noticed it dont go anywhere ???
it merges out so its a seperate lane just after the first set of lights by whitchurch golf club then it merges back i by the coryton train station bridge. so dont understand how its going to help anyone realy ?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:04 pm

:lol: :lol: I said this a few weeks ago to the boys while driving past i couldn't believe it its crazyyyy

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 pm

The same was done in Dinas Powys and there are no buses running on Sundays and only one per hour the rest of the week. It's a joke.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:08 pm

They will say its all in the name of climate change :? :lol: to persuade people to use the Bus, and to say the Council is doing its bit to improve the bus service. But in the end its a case of the Council wasting the Tax payers money on bullshit instead of putting the money into the NHS or building better Schools, Or Sports facilities for our Kids.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:They will say its all in the name of climate change :? :lol: to persuade people to use the Bus, and to say the Council is doing its bit to improve the bus service. But in the end its a case of the Council wasting the Tax payers money on bullshit instead of putting the money into the NHS or building better Schools, Or Sports facilities for our Kids.

It's like that stupid pile of shite that they've done on Park Rd in Whitchurch with all those road narrowing bits sticking out into the road for about 200mtrs, plus that stupid bloody roundabout effort on Pentwyn Rd by Waitrose, still can't work that out. :? :(

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:08 pm

The traffic was obviously moving way too freely for the council's liking (congestion means more potential for charging - please don't be suckered in by all the climate change nonsense - the governments / council really don't give a fck about yours or my health!!) and so they moved to slow everyone down in the miniscule hope that people will want to swap to buses to create more profit for the Council owned bus service.

Should work when businesses find their staff are perenially late for work or their clients get so fed up that they're forced move to areas outside of Cardiff / Wales that are more welcoming to traffic. Then there'll be no jobs to have to travel to!

Really should NEVER have gotten rid of the trolley buses / trams - that way, both modes of transport can use the same space FFS.

Bus lanes, my arris

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Arfur Europe wrote:The traffic was obviously moving way too freely for the council's liking (congestion means more potential for charging - please don't be suckered in by all the climate change nonsense - the governments / council really don't give a fck about yours or my health!!) and so they moved to slow everyone down in the miniscule hope that people will want to swap to buses to create more profit for the Council owned bus service.

Should work when businesses find their staff are perenially late for work or their clients get so fed up that they're forced move to areas outside of Cardiff / Wales that are more welcoming to traffic. Then there'll be no jobs to have to travel to!

Really should NEVER have gotten rid of the trolley buses / trams - that way, both modes of transport can use the same space FFS.

Bus lanes, my arris

That is a good point as well Chief :ayatollah: