carling cup last night

A forum for all things Cardiff City

carling cup last night

Postby block a bluebird » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:18 pm

chelsea 1 nil down, ancelotti with over half hour left, brings on all 3 subs straight away!

ok, they ended up losing on pens, but they clawed their way back into the game and also took the lead at one point after being one nil down.

making tactical changes is one of dave jones BIGGEST problems in my eyes, always leaves things too late

we were 1 nil up against ipswich, the game had gone dead we were playing dreadful and the game was crying out for a change. mccormack or etuhu could have been brough on, instead he waited until ipswich equalised (which was coming) then took off chris burke, who is always dangerous in attack, brought on etuhu with just 10 mins left. not much time to make an impact really, then even worse, we go 2-1 down and he panicks even more and brings on mccormack with 4-5 mins left? Again even less time to make an impact on the game.

if either of these to were brought on earlier, with fresh legs and both got bags of pace i believe we could of gone on to win the game.

i guess most people will agree jones is tactically naive
block a bluebird

carling cup last night

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat