Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Conway is a Bluebird !!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Should be a great player. Great News !! Blue Army :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm

A good crosser of a ball and exciting winger. Glad he's joined us and sure he'll do well. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm

zippy wrote:Hello lads. First time post, but look in from time to time as always had a soft spot for Cardiff.

I'm a Dundee United fan and I can assure you that you have signed a a very good player.

Conway has been a bit of a late bloomer, but has been a stand out player for Dundee United for the past 2 and a half years (although he did miss a couple of months last season- where our form greatly dipped0

He made huge progress under Craig Levein as Levein really made him work on his strength and sent him on conditioning courses at Dundee Uni. He is now a powerful, direct wide man who thrives on working hard. In my opinion, he is a better player than Chris Burke. He has a better end product and an excellent strike. If I was to compare to player you may know more about it'd Jarvis as Wolves. To answer a previous question- his market value is probably 2 mil as has been quoted for our other stand out player David Goodwillie. Reckon that will double in 12 months.

He is predominantly right footed, but plays better on the left as normally defenders are so worried about his pace down the outside they show him inside, where he can let fly. More unpredictable down the left.

I have nothing but good things to say about him. He'll always be a United legend due to his goals in the Scottish Cup final in 2010. Treat him well, as like most wingers, he's very much a confidence player.

All the best CC and CC

Zippy

Cheers Zippy, very interesting :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Conway is a bluebird! I'm very happy with this signing! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Craig Conway, a true legend. He told rangers to bolt and signed for cardiff. Hopefully him being at Cardiff will persuade Goodwillie to do similar. There is a lot of potential at your club, hope you join (or replace!) swansea in the premiership now .

It was fantastic to see the wee man come in to our club, and totally grab the oppertunity we gave him. Watched him bulk up and become a very strong player , who takes his football very serious. He has not even peaked yet , it will be very exciting to watch him continue to improve and cement his name in Cardiff City's history like he did with United :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:Craig Conway, a true legend. He told rangers to bolt and signed for cardiff. Hopefully him being at Cardiff will persuade Goodwillie to do similar. There is a lot of potential at your club, hope you join (or replace!) swansea in the premiership now .

It was fantastic to see the wee man come in to our club, and totally grab the oppertunity we gave him. Watched him bulk up and become a very strong player , who takes his football very serious. He has not even peaked yet , it will be very exciting to watch him continue to improve and cement his name in Cardiff City's history like he did with United :ayatollah:

Goodwillie? young lad, looks outstanding and i dont mind he's got a couple of
assault charges over him, he's only 21. kids will grow up!!

But can you tell us more about this rape charge?? its as serious as you can get yet
he is still being picked for Club and country!! is there something about it that
we dont know down here??

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Goodwillie has not been picked for Scotland since the rape allegation became public. He would certainly have been involved in the Carling Nations Cup if this hadn't happened. His form understandably dipped for the first few games after the papers published the story/ opposition fans taunted him etc. But a massive amount of credit it due to his commitment to the club and his work ethic and he soon rediscovered his goal scoring ways.

He is being represented by McBride who is the lawyer that has been representing Neil Lennon. The general feeling and talk is that there is no truth whatsoever in the allegations and that he will be cleared sooner rather than later. I'm sure it will all come to light so enough.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:27 pm

zippy wrote:Goodwillie has not been picked for Scotland since the rape allegation became public. He would certainly have been involved in the Carling Nations Cup if this hadn't happened. His form understandably dipped for the first few games after the papers published the story/ opposition fans taunted him etc. But a massive amount of credit it due to his commitment to the club and his work ethic and he soon rediscovered his goal scoring ways.

He is being represented by McBride who is the lawyer that has been representing Neil Lennon. The general feeling and talk is that there is no truth whatsoever in the allegations and that he will be cleared sooner rather than later. I'm sure it will all come to light so enough.

Keeping in mind that craig levein is a very stubborn manager. When he was united manager, he left goodie out our squad after some off field antics and during that period we had a striker shortage due to injuries and suspensions, yet he still persisted in leaving goodie out and playing a defender up front.

Basically what I am trying to say is that Levein is an idiot.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 pm

zippy wrote:Goodwillie has not been picked for Scotland since the rape allegation became public. He would certainly have been involved in the Carling Nations Cup if this hadn't happened. His form understandably dipped for the first few games after the papers published the story/ opposition fans taunted him etc. But a massive amount of credit it due to his commitment to the club and his work ethic and he soon rediscovered his goal scoring ways.

Cheers Zippy :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:33 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say his form dropped, he did go through a bit of a goal drought but he was still always hassling defenders and working hard upfront to create chances for his team mates. If anything he has came out of these allegations a stronger player and person, every team we played against were abusing him from the terraces and the only way to shut them up was to play a blinder and he did this many times.

It's actually making me sad posting on this forum knowing that I probably wont see him in tangerine again :(

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Conway was in the Vale yesterday training on his own in the weight room.
Fair play. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: