Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Prague!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Not been able to post on here for a couple of weeks due to being very busy. Had my last day today at my current job and have been getting things organised for my new job which I start on Wednesday. Also bought a new car in the last couple of weeks aswell as getting other things sorted.

Going to Prague tomorrow for a few days on a stag trip and just wondered if anyone had any bars or places they recommended (Annis excluded as he has already given me a lengthy description of the City and its establishments).

Any information is appreciated :ayatollah:

Hope to hear about some new signings once I get back as a good source tells me 2 are on their way in the next few days :ayatollah:

Re: Prague!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Chris :ayatollah: ...Last time I was in Prague was 8 years ago, there was a restaurant opposite the astronomical clock (you see it)...It was call U Prince (I think)...a little on the pricey side but done cracking food. (beef wellington was good). Try and stick to the locals pubs as they aren't as expensive, and the pork knuckles are a must. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Marc wrote:Chris :ayatollah: ...Last time I was in Prague was 8 years ago, there was a restaurant opposite the astronomical clock (you see it)...It was call U Prince (I think)...a little on the pricey side but done cracking food. (beef wellington was good). Try and stick to the locals pubs as they aren't as expensive, and the pork knuckles are a must. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think we are staying right by that clock, we are right on the square apparently but I'm not certain as I didn't book anything. All I know is we are flying tomorrow and coming back on Monday :lol:

Will have a look out for it Marc and I'm certain we are sticking to the local pubs, we have been warned about the pubs who rip you off.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:50 pm

haven't seen you on here for weeks mate, no wonder it's been so quiet :D
can't recommend anything apart from my comment from the last time you went away, magic roundabout is the place to be! :lol:
enjoy your trip :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:51 pm

We tended to eat and drink on the back streets up near the market until later on before the place came to life. Don't recall any names but the place was class! Enjoy :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:54 pm

lewis91 wrote:haven't seen you on here for weeks mate, no wonder it's been so quiet :D
can't recommend anything apart from my comment from the last time you went away, magic roundabout is the place to be! :lol:
enjoy your trip :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have class mate, magic roundabout has more mongrels than Battersea dogs home.

See you at the start of the new season :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 pm

116 :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 pm

You'll enjoy Darlings it's down one of the Side roads off wenceslas square And Rocky O Riellys same again off one of the side streets of Wenceslas Square . That's where I spent most nights last time i was there in 2006.

http://www.rockyoreillys.cz/
http://www.kabaret.cz/darling/

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Prague is the ultimate place mate.

Cynics will tell that its not what it used to be since Beer prices have gone up etc but dont listen fella!

You cant fail to have a good time.

There is a Sports Bar called the Lions, run by a Rangers Fan from Aberdeen :lol: , have a look, just round the corner and up the street is an Irish bar that is open early and does the best Breakfasts you will have.

Just be carefull, loads of Africans about, pretty much like Looky Looky Men you get in Spain, they will be on your case but just be polite and try not to lose your temper with em..

Enjoy fella.. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:28 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Prague is the ultimate place mate.

Cynics will tell that its not what it used to be since Beer prices have gone up etc but dont listen fella!

There is a Sports Bar called the Lions, run by a Rangers Fan from Aberdeen :lol: , have a look, just round the corner and up the street is an Irish bar that is open early and does the best Breakfasts you will have.

Just be carefull, loads of Africans about, pretty much like Looky Looky Men you get in Spain, they will be on your case but just be polite and try not to lose your temper with em..

Had enough of those looky looky men in Magaluf.

Should be a cracking trip :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:

You will love it mate, where are you staying?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:34 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

You will love it mate, where are you staying?

Don't know :lol: By the square and clock I have been told. Will no doubt find out tomorrow on the way to the airport.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 pm

quote]

Don't know :lol: By the square and clock I have been told. Will no doubt find out tomorrow on the way to the airport.[/quote]

Thats good then, Iv known lands to book up 4 star hotels thinking they are going to be landed but they are in different districts and can be a fucker to get home to, if your Centre your laughing, Im jealous as f**k.. :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Went about 2 years ago. Expensive as f**k regardless of which part i was in. Darlings is a place youll enjoy ;) . Theres even a naked midget, if you like that sort of thing

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Not into naked midgets but some tidy naked women will do.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Atlas, darlings and rocky o'reillys

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 pm

wdb2721 wrote:Atlas, darlings and rocky o'reillys

Siadwell enjoyed the Atlas Bar

"like an oover across my lips she was!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 am

Well I got back around 3am this morning and its fair to say we had a mental time.

Don't want to look at my bank account as it will give me a heart attack seeing how much we spent over the weekend, certainly not cheap out there but well worth the trip.

Lots of beers, prostitutes and some dodgy tattoo's, that's all I am going to say.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Prague is unreal lad, Darlings wins hands down, birds are on another level, expensive in there but otherwise cheap as f**k, enjoy. Vegas for me this year

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:46 pm

chris avoid all the theme pubs on Wenceslas and old squares they are expencive,
there is a cracking local pub between both squares in a side street, its a brewer pub the vats are around you as you drink

if your on the old town square with the clock behind you, walk up the side street with country life shop on your left hand side of you follow that dendy side street and its about a 5 minute walk heading towards Wenceslas, if you get to where they hold the market you have gone too far, you'll know if you find it, its got white walls with writing all over it, they give you the pens from behind the bar, about 6 different ales/beers/lagers to sample PS see if you can spot my name in there :) right hand side as you go through the main door clue i had to stand on a stool ontop of the table to reach my spot :)
give me a ring butt will have a chat

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:chris avoid all the theme pubs on Wenceslas and old squares they are expencive,
there is a cracking local pub between both squares in a side street, its a brewer pub the vats are around you as you drink

if your on the old town square with the clock behind you, walk up the side street with country life shop on your left hand side of you follow that dendy side street and its about a 5 minute walk heading towards Wenceslas, if you get to where they hold the market you have gone too far, you'll know if you find it, its got white walls with writing all over it, they give you the pens from behind the bar, about 6 different ales/beers/lagers to sample PS see if you can spot my name in there :) right hand side as you go through the main door clue i had to stand on a stool ontop of the table to reach my spot :)
give me a ring butt will have a chat

I have come and gone Nips mate, quite literally in a couple of cases. A round of 5 drinks in one pub cost us £80 :shock:

Cheers everyone for the tips on the bars etc, Darlings was a laugh and we found some cracking errrmmmm establishments :lol:

Will give you the lowdown of the trip when I see you next Andy, can't reveal too much on here :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:33 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Not been able to post on here for a couple of weeks due to being very busy. Had my last day today at my current job and have been getting things organised for my new job which I start on Wednesday. Also bought a new car in the last couple of weeks aswell as getting other things sorted.

Going to Prague tomorrow for a few days on a stag trip and just wondered if anyone had any bars or places they recommended (Annis excluded as he has already given me a lengthy description of the City and its establishments).

Any information is appreciated :ayatollah:

Hope to hear about some new signings once I get back as a good source tells me 2 are on their way in the next few days :ayatollah:

:lol:

Chris cant I tell you all about it again, had my Stag Do there :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Watch out for the prostitutes coming up to you on the backstreets, their in your pockets and wallets gone in a flash! :shock:
Coud'nt find my wallet though!!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Take a short taxi ride from Wenselas Square to the sex park well worth a look and good value and quality ;) Then for the night as recommended by others the Darling Club :D but watch out for the bitches of darkness they`ll rob you.
As for some good food and reasonable prices try Rocky Oreillys.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Well I got back around 3am this morning and its fair to say we had a mental time.

Don't want to look at my bank account as it will give me a heart attack seeing how much we spent over the weekend, certainly not cheap out there but well worth the trip.

Lots of beers, prostitutes and some dodgy tattoo's, that's all I am going to say.

There was nobody wilder than me in my prime, but fair play Chris you know how to live, sounds like a great trip. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:01 pm

chris_1927 wrote:You'll enjoy Darlings it's down one of the Side roads off wenceslas square And Rocky O Riellys same again off one of the side streets of Wenceslas Square . That's where I spent most nights last time i was there in 2006.

http://www.rockyoreillys.cz/
http://www.kabaret.cz/darling/

i take it you there with 2000 of your fellow welsh perverts :ayatollah: