Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ROBERT EARNSHAW LATEST "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 am

Koumas and earnie situation are far different. koumas hadnt kicked a ball in nearly a year !!

i am so excited, i sat here yesterday and got goosebumps...

First home game of the season, earnie starts the game doing the ayatollah and then 12 minutes in he gets fed through and slots the ball home, runs to the corner and does his summersault. crowd have erupted. that gave me goosebumps.

Earnshaw number 10

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 am

EARNIE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:29 am

Hes coming home --hes coming home

Earnies coming Home

His smile will light up the place and i cant see him not scoring goals--- after some of the miserable big headed gits weve had down CCS like Jones and Bothroyd Earnie will be a big posotive.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:34 am

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:That's great news carl cheers, when are we going to hear the truth as promised last sunday about shearer etc being appointed??????????

When Annis' lawyers have agreed with Citys lawyers about what they can print.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:39 am

taffyapple wrote:If Earnie comes back il be behind the little feller 100%. I loves him!!

But i am getting this deja vu feeling like i did with Koumas!!

We are all clamouring for a player we have not seen in years because
of what he did for us back then. Lets not forget he scored the majority
of his City goals in the lower divisions. And there must be some reason
he is always on the bench???

He is not good enough and we should be raising the bar higher if we realalistically want to compete

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:01 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:If Earnie comes back il be behind the little feller 100%. I loves him!!

But i am getting this deja vu feeling like i did with Koumas!!

We are all clamouring for a player we have not seen in years because
of what he did for us back then. Lets not forget he scored the majority
of his City goals in the lower divisions. And there must be some reason
he is always on the bench???

He is not good enough and we should be raising the bar higher if we realalistically want to compete

that opinion shocks me !! have you not watched him recently

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:47 am

look how good he looks :D

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zO1plo-Zbw

You know it makes sense... :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 am

denton2k6 wrote:Image

Since when has Earnie had white arms?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 am

Seems as though I am in the minority as well here as this move doesn't excite me at all.

He'll ask for a gig chunk in wages and I honestly dont think he will be worth it. I see this as a great time to place a wage cap on earnings which will increase the harmony in the squad imo

We are too sentimental at this club with old players, it was seven years ago that he left and I'm sure we won't see the same player as when he left us.

Would rather we cast our net further afield and leave us with fond memories of Earnie

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:42 am

Lazz wrote:
denton2k6 wrote:Image

Since when has Earnie had white arms?

dunno ask him , they are actually his arms i cut from another photo

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 am

I put this on another thread:

Take the name Robert Earnshaw out of the equation and what would
you be left with?

A 30 yr old Notts Forest substitute who scored 9 goals last season and
who never cut it in the Premiership. You'd all be playing hell about it if
the club were signing him.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:11 am

he can still play at this level , where ever he's gone after us the managers haven't started him as much as he should have he comes on as sub an scores , got a brilliant goal scoring record at all levels , plus he's passionate about this club an country an will give this club his all , unlike most the loans from last season who couldn't give a f**k if we went up or not

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:19 am

Would much prefer Goodwillie (we would get a big sell on fee for him if he made it big) to Earnshaw but if we get the 2 then thats a statement of intent. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:20 am

taffyapple wrote:I put this on another thread:

you be left with?

wow 9 goals from the bench, thats pretty good since the team has 5 decent strikers and the manager doesnt like to play earnie. i also dont see how u can class him as never cutting it in the prem, had two seasons there. was used as a sub as we all know bryan robson neevr used him and was there top goalscorer

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 am

jezzy666 wrote:

wow 9 goals from the bench, thats pretty good since the team has 5 decent strikers and the manager doesnt like to play earnie. i also dont see how u can class him as never cutting it in the prem, had two seasons there. was used as a sub as we all know bryan robson neevr used him and was there top goalscorer

Are you in love with Earnie or something?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:38 am

no just giving my opinion. nothing i have said isnt factual

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 am

jezzy666 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I put this on another thread:

you be left with?

I'm not trying to argue mate. I loved Earnesto myself!!

But..

John Jones, age 30. Notts Forest, 9 goals all season, bit part player. Had two seasons
in the Premiership and never set the world alight.

Would you sign John Jones?? its a fair question

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 am

he's free, possible home town discount and still got goals in him. yes i would sign him. especially when we only have parkin. im not saying hes my number 1 target and to start every game. but we have no money and no strikers.... thats all we can really do

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 am

but its not john jones is it. its ROBERT EARNSHAW. the guys loves cardiff city. he can still score goals, he showed towards the end of the season he's still got it. the fans love him. he wont f**k us around, he gets on well with MM.

there are so many more + points to negative ones so therefore it would be a good move. IMO anyway :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:but its not john jones is it. its ROBERT EARNSHAW. the guys loves cardiff city. he can still score goals, he showed towards the end of the season he's still got it. the fans love him. he wont f**k us around, he gets on well with MM.

there are so many more + points to negative ones so therefore it would be a good move. IMO anyway :ayatollah:

It doesnt matter how much he loves the Club. the defenders marking him
dont!!

Fact remains, 9 goals a season at this level is not good enough.

If he comes here for half the Forest wage then id say yes, but surely we can
all see that he's just an impact player off the bench nowadays??

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:52 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:but its not john jones is it. its ROBERT EARNSHAW. the guys loves cardiff city. he can still score goals, he showed towards the end of the season he's still got it. the fans love him. he wont f**k us around, he gets on well with MM.

dont!!

even if that was the case. we have no strikers !!! i refuse to include parkin. beggers cant be choosers here. we have little to no money and this option is free. ill even put a bet that if he signs he gets more than 10 goals this season??

i would take him as a bench player if i had to purely because we have nothing !!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:

dont!!

i get what your saying. at the end of the day 38 apps and 9 goals dont look great. but 6 in the last 12 shows he was starting to find his feet again. imo its a no brainer but thats just my opinion. i respect yours tho :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

dont!!

i get what your saying. at the end of the day 38 apps and 9 goals dont look great. but 6 in the last 12 shows he was starting to find his feet again. imo its a no brainer but thats just my opinion. i respect yours tho :ayatollah:

Ditto mate.

i respect yours too

I'd f*cking love Earnie to come here and score loads and see that ridiculous
"too big for his head" grin every week :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I just have my reservations

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:14 pm

taffyapple wrote:Ditto mate.

i respect yours too

I'd f*cking love Earnie to come here and score loads and see that ridiculous
"too big for his head" grin every week
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I just have my reservations

:D :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Bateman wrote:Seems as though I am in the minority as well here as this move doesn't excite me at all.

He'll ask for a gig chunk in wages and I honestly dont think he will be worth it. I see this as a great time to place a wage cap on earnings which will increase the harmony in the squad imo

We are too sentimental at this club with old players, it was seven years ago that he left and I'm sure we won't see the same player as when he left us.

Would rather we cast our net further afield and leave us with fond memories of Earnie

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU HE,S A CITY LEGEND BUT WE NEED TO MOVE ON :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:That's great news carl cheers, when are we going to hear the truth as promised last sunday about shearer etc being appointed??????????

This weekend :ayatollah:

Real version or toned down version as you fed up of being slagged off?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Bateman wrote:Seems as though I am in the minority as well here as this move doesn't excite me at all.

be a signing to apease the majority of fans on sentiment - when it truth its a backward move.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 pm

9 GOALS FROM THE BENCH

when he came on against Swansea, Forest looked their most dangerous proving how influential he still is.

He can still flips at 30, fit enough to cope at this level for me.

Snap him up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Earnie has been treated terrible since leaving Cardiff City by certain managers Billy Davies tried different players upfront and Earnshaw was normally a sub. Many times Earnier proved he was good enough but never got picked.

People say Earnshw never cut it in the Premiership and is not as good as Chopra however Chopra had plenty of chances at Sunderland but didnt cut in the Premiership however Earnie saved WBA and Brian Dickhead Robson in his first season scoring 15 goals coming off the bench but then Robson wanted more of Earnie so he didnt even put him on the bench WBA went down.

A striker like Earnshaw is a striker a goal poacher not an all rounder he scores goals and was a hero before and I believe will be our hero again with the right players around him he will get goals.

Welcome back Earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: