Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CHRIS HUGHTON TO BRUM "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:54 pm

knowing that we interviewed Chris Hughton does anyone feel that him going to Birmingham could come back to haunt us or do you think that Birmingham are always going to challenge at the top regardless.

Hughton has not got the quality of players I feel he had at Newcastle, will he be a success at Brum ?

Re: HUGHTON TO BRUM

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:59 pm

I think he's the right man for the right job. But he wasn't right for us. The two jobs are
Poles apart and Ithink we needed someone who has had to roll his sleeves up and work hard to get a squad together.

I think Hughton was a bit spoilt at Newcastle and is now in similar situation with a parial prem squad. Unfortunately for him he can only fail as he will be expected to take them up.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:00 pm

i feel he will get them promoted, carl honestly who do you think we will sign in the next week just your opinion ?

I think Malky is well suited to rebuilding a team

Hughton hasnt had experience in rebuilding teams, just taking on good ones

I think he will do ok with them but they should be top 2 really. I think they will finish 6/7th
I definatley don't think we missed out.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:01 pm

hughton was my preferred choice out of the realistic options we had until a couple of days before malky was appointed but since the i am convinced we have got the right man ive got a feeling malky is going to be one of our best ever managers, nothing against hughton i think he's a good man and i hope he does at brum as long as we finish above them but i think malky's the man

carlccfc wrote:knowing that we interviewed Chris Hughton does anyone feel that him going to Birmingham could come back to haunt us or do you think that Birmingham are always going to challenge at the top regardless.

Hughton has not got the quality of players I feel he had at Newcastle, will he be a success at Brum ?

Yes it does worry me Carl without a doubt as Hughton was my first choice and I believe he was the man for the job.
Hughton really wanted the Job here and one day when you put the update out, the fans will realised how he was snubbed. I am not having a go at anyone here and this is my strong opinion, Surely Chris Hughtons name was Worthy of being put forward to The Malaysians ?
If Hughton can handle 50,000 Passionate Geordies, then He can handle any pressure.

We have Mackay now and Mackay has My 100% BACKING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But I will always wonder what would of happened if we had given Hughton the Job. Top 4 for Birmingham this season.

Wayne S wrote:I think he's the right man for the right job. But he wasn't right for us. The two jobs are
Poles apart and Ithink we needed someone who has had to roll his sleeves up and work hard to get a squad together.

I think Hughton was a bit spoilt at Newcastle and is now in similar situation with a parial prem squad. Unfortunately for him he can only fail as he will be expected to take them up.

cant agree more..mm is the one for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:03 pm

I would of been well chuffed with Hughton TBH but i am more than pleased with MM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CHRIS HUGHTON TO BRUM "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 pm

With Brum being in Europe and having to sell some of their best players I think they may not be the force that some people automatically expect. Contenders but not a Newcastle or WBA......I hope :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:11 pm

i think we should now,all forget about why shearer,houghton,de matteo ect did not end up here,the fact of the matter is malky is now our man and we all should be behind him 100%.an update on why this did not happen will only open a can of worms of arguments and sniping at each other which we do not need.forget houghton and move on i say....onward and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 pm

I was listening to the guy on talkshit last night came across really well,and has so many contacts in the game have we misseed out? Time will tell :?:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:18 pm

lostcityboy wrote:i think we should now,all forget about why shearer,houghton,de matteo ect did not end up here,the fact of the matter is malky is now our man and we all should be behind him 100%.an update on why this did not happen will only open a can of worms of arguments and sniping at each other which we do not need.forget houghton and move on i say....onward and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair point, But this is what Forums are for and to have a discussion and debate, I will always wonder how he would of done here and I will be watching Birmingham's results with interest, Hughton himself really wanted to come here.
But like I Say MALCKY WILL HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Just having candidates like Hughton, Di Matteo, Shearer etc just shows how far our club have come in the past few years. Previously, we would have stuggled getting quality managers at Cardiff City and probably would have just got someone off the streets just to manage us. This is an achievement in itself, we got top class facilities, where only few years ago the team were training in the Trefforest car park, and a new stadium.

I know alot of people were upset neither Hughton or Di Matteo names were not put forward, I dont know the real answer behind it all, but just having those names, and the ability to reject them now, where as years ago, we would have been on our knees begging them to manage us shows the progression of the club.

But the appointment of Malky Mackay has brought a new buzz to our club, the re-building of a new team to take the club one step forward, however, there maybe differing opinions. I believe Hughton was not the right man for the job mainly because he didnt have to rebuild a Newcastle team, he inherited a premier squad and for that reason I was quite unsure about him, but would have backed him like any other manager who got the job 100%. For me Malky Mackay has done wonders at Watford on a limited budget, played attractive football, used youth players and brought passion to the club.

I'm looking forward to the new era for our football club, and a chance to see some off our homegrown players being used, and players with a passion to put on the bluebird jersey and give 110%. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 pm

if he can hold on to roger johnson and scott dann etc... i think they have to be one of the favorites to go up.. it all depends on whether he can persuade the stars to stay with the club and get back to the prem league...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 pm

If he wanted the City job he'd had made sure he got his pitch 100%, including City I think he applied for 4 jobs in all. Good luck to him, I think MM is right for us. He'll install the correct mentality to not worry or care about others in our league.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:48 am

To be honest I'm beginning to feel positive with MM being Cardiff City Manager. Like others I too had CH as my favored Boss, And I think the fact that the compo of £300.000 City will pay Watford is equivalent of 18Mns to 2Yrs wages for most of the applicants, tell's Me (HOPEFULLY) CCFC believe MM is worth it. WHAT WAS MOST ANNOYING WAS ALL THE UNNECESSARY Spin from the Club brandishing big names like the job was up for auction, ( And please dont anyone post it wasn't the Club that Spun a thousand Names out the hat)Piss pore We the (Fans) were just lead a merry dance tbh, What the down side could be for Us/Club/ MM is the fact CCFC made it clear that for all the interviews GJ HAD CONDUCTED MM was the the favored candidate out of a fair number of applicants or sort after possible managers which included MON, SA, CH, De Mateo, among many other hopeful l's , Hope it all goes to plan for My Club, because MM will have to show Us why He is worth £300.000 more than the other Applicants that was in pursuit of the Cardiff City job, I Believe MM will come Trumps for Us. However The Malaysians / MM and the Playing Staff apart I still have No confidence in the Clowns at the elm of CCFC !!! :old:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:33 am

Any link to where the club commented on anyone other than McKay?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:36 am

carlccfc wrote:knowing that we interviewed Chris Hughton does anyone feel that him going to Birmingham could come back to haunt us or do you think that Birmingham are always going to challenge at the top regardless.

I asked the same more or less yesterday, I think they were always going to be in contention, because they will have a good budget and are a big club, a good chance of them and West Ham finishing in the top two ???

But the way Malky has stated and think we could be up around there too? Fingers crossed it will be very interesting to see who comes out top ???

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:
lostcityboy wrote:i think we should now,all forget about why shearer,houghton,de matteo ect did not end up here,the fact of the matter is malky is now our man and we all should be behind him 100%.an update on why this did not happen will only open a can of worms of arguments and sniping at each other which we do not need.forget houghton and move on i say....onward and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair point, But this is what Forums are for and to have a discussion and debate, I will always wonder how he would of done here and I will be watching Birmingham's results with interest, Hughton himself really wanted to come here.
But like I Say MALCKY WILL HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Both good points what we will not need in the future is, if only we'd got Hughton, or if only we'd got Di Mateo, because even if we had we will never know how they would have done at Cardiff.....

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:43 am

Only time will tell,for all we know as much as i wanted Houghton he could turn out to be a flash in the pan and fail badly however i cant see that happening i think hes gonna do a fantastic job there and take Brum back up. I think Brum have the finances aswell and will defo go back up i could be wrong tho :lol: . Im still wondering on how Makkay got the nod before Houghton maybe you have the TRUTH on why that happened carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: still waiting to read that :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:53 am

I think Chris Hughton will have his work cut out at Birmingham as they are a club on the edge of serious financial problems and unlike the situation at Newcastle where he had a squad of PL players at his disposal it's not the same at Birmingham.

Add to that the additional games involved with the Europa League on top of Championship, League Cup and FA Cup fixtures Birmingham may have to face up to a 60 game season. With the loss of £30m PL revenue and an owner who at the moment is struggling to raise finance to keep his business afloat and Birmingham may turn out to be a nightmare.

Chris Hughton is no doubt a good coach and manager and would have done a good job here but make no mistake he has areal challenge here and in my opinion he will do well to get them in the top 6.

If he does that then he will have done a great job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:18 am

Hughton will be on a demand from his board t ogo straight back up.

MM whilst will have a go at going up - looks like hes on a plan to reconstruct which aint a bad thing for Cardiff City. A bit of patience required this season and maybe even next season. I think the Malaysians have realised now that you cant just buy your way into the Premiership ,especially with loan players and are now intent of forming a fresh new team mixed with up and coming players and building the youth etc - right way to do it and the best way to do it too. Fair play. Fans just need to be patient on this one. At to be honest promotion hardly likely this season with BIG teams in the Championship who have to go back up first time.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:25 am

Lets hope he fails miserably and is sacked before Christmas with Birmingham in free fall.......... :D

Proving that Gethin and our board made the right decision in not appointing him in the first place...... :old:

If you ask me, he should have took the number 2 job at Fulham...... :ayatollah: