Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any people on here coaching kids?? (Football).

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Any know of courses coming up i've done the Football Leaders Award now looking into the next step,Cheers! :ayatollah:

Re: Any people on here coaching kids?? (Football).

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Any know of courses coming up i've done the Football Leaders Award now looking into the next step,Cheers! :ayatollah:

i coach u11s,u12s next season,what age you doing,what team :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Haven't started coaching kids yet still looking to do more badges like Goalkeeping and Welfare & Child Protection,First Aid for Football Awareness etc before looking into a team just wondering if you know any courses coming up? :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Haven't started coaching kids yet still looking to do more badges like Goalkeeping and Welfare & Child Protection,First Aid for Football Awareness etc before looking into a team just wondering if you know any courses coming up? :ayatollah:

try the welsh f.a,they will let you no whats available,il be honest you seem very determined and dedicated,but the hardest part of the coaching is keeping little tommys parents on your side. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 pm

the cardiff courses are usually conducted at llanrumney university fields . don't know about llantrisant tho

did all the welfare , first aid courses etc and advanced to C license but don't feel any the better for it to be honest

just a paperwork exercise

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 pm

SHOULD BE ON HERE DEPENDING ON WHAT AREA YOU ARE IN..

http://www.welshfootballtrust.org.uk/co ... e-calendar

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:the cardiff courses are usually conducted at llanrumney university fields . don't know about llantrisant tho

did all the welfare , first aid courses etc and advanced to C license but don't feel any the better for it to be honest

i did wonder if the courses are relevant for childrens football, :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 pm

krab wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:the cardiff courses are usually conducted at llanrumney university fields . don't know about llantrisant tho

In the islwyn league its now compulsory you complete the leaders award, first aid and welfare course now...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Cheers all i done the football awards one in Cardiff so i'm looking for that area Trefforest they do it in RCT so better in cardiff in fairness,What excatly do you need to coach a kids team? :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:13 am

LLantrisant Blue , the most important thing you need is an ANTI STAB VEST to protect you from all the back stabbing parents :lol: :lol: :lol: there little johnny is always the best should never be sub and as well as always being in the starting line up - has to win player of the year - oh and of course each parent is a total football expert :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to hell !!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:46 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Cheers all i done the football awards one in Cardiff so i'm looking for that area Trefforest they do it in RCT so better in cardiff in fairness,What excatly do you need to coach a kids team? :ayatollah:

kids.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:46 am

Daya wrote:LLantrisant Blue , the most important thing you need is an ANTI STAB VEST to protect you from all the back stabbing parents :lol: :lol: :lol: there little johnny is always the best should never be sub and as well as always being in the starting line up - has to win player of the year - oh and of course each parent is a total football expert :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to hell !!

as above daya,best trainning you can have is to be able to stand up to parents,they will bring you down time and time and time again :( :( :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:47 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
krab wrote:

In the islwyn league its now compulsory you complete the leaders award, first aid and welfare course now...

yep,have to have leaders award,first aid and C.R.B check :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 am

Daya wrote:LLantrisant Blue , the most important thing you need is an ANTI STAB VEST to protect you from all the back stabbing parents :lol: :lol: :lol: there little johnny is always the best should never be sub and as well as always being in the starting line up - has to win player of the year - oh and of course each parent is a total football expert :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to hell !!

:lol: :lol: How true is that dreading doing player of the year. :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 am

Welcome to hell !!

that is a perfect example... parents ringing you every night, y was little johnny only on the field for 10 mins.... y was litlle johnny sub...

its difficult to tell someone that their kid just isnt very good.... you want to give them all a game, but a little part of you want to field your best team... i suppose it depends on the age group you are coaching....

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:46 am

The Welsh FA have now split the coaching courses starting from this year to Kids and Adults from C licence upwards I believe - Done all the basic ones and now doing C's but have to do two courses as opposed to one although if you select adults then you only have to a few sections to pass the kids.

Personally unless you have kids or you want to make some money out of coaching then I would hook up with an adult side and gain some experience there with a decent manager.

Also unless you go on to the higher levels of coaching then in my opinion it is all about man management and exeperience in games you have played in and what worked well and not so well but what doI know hey......... :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:49 am

Dobbin wrote:The Welsh FA have now split the coaching courses starting from this year to Kids and Adults from C licence upwards I believe - Done all the basic ones and now doing C's but have to do two courses as opposed to one although if you select adults then you only have to a few sections to pass the kids.

Personally unless you have kids or you want to make some money out of coaching then I would hook up with an adult side and gain some experience there with a decent manager.

Also unless you go on to the higher levels of coaching then in my opinion it is all about man management and exeperience in games you have played in and what worked well and not so well but what doI know hey......... :lol:

ive got a couple more years of playing first, then may look at the adults... for now ill stick with the kids, but would def recommend doing the courses...

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:52 am

If you've got your leaders award, crb and FAW badge then I would find yourself a team a get your additional qualifications along the way.

The real life coaching will help with the additional courses and give you the chance make sure you enjoy it.

Good luck.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:54 am

krab wrote:

Welcome to hell !!

as above daya,best trainning you can have is to be able to stand up to parents,they will bring you down time and time and time again :( :( :ayatollah:

Krab........ and even when you stand up to them , they still manipulate in different ways most of it goes on behind your back of course !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it is the evil of Club football ........ give up your free time and be prepared to be slaughtered for it !!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:59 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

Welcome to hell !!

that is a perfect example... parents ringing you every night, y was little johnny only on the field for 10 mins.... y was litlle johnny sub...

its difficult to tell someone that their kid just isnt very good.... you want to give them all a game, but a little part of you want to field your best team... i suppose it depends on the age group you are coaching....

Mini football is the easy bit with the nippers its great fun and parents not too bad to satisfy especially if you dont have too big a team and have roll on roll off subs!

Wait till it comes to Junior competitive football on a full pitch 11 a side ---------- then the fun really starts with the parents , especially if they a bunch of snooty keep up with the Joners type !

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:03 am

birchblue wrote:

Welcome to hell !!

:lol: :lol: How true is that dreading doing player of the year. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cowbridge Chairman ( who knows fck all about football ) - sulked like a baby as i didnt give it to his son :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats how bad it gets!

The one that always cracked me up was players player ! ( always of course selected by the parent !) some of the votes that come back are shall we say amazing !

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:05 am

Correct

Football is a simple game complicated by idiots !

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Cheers lads so put a fathers kid on the bench your f*cked? :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:27 pm

I want to start a bridgend town youth up again cause i think it stopped :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:54 pm

I am now a PE teacher and have several Scottish Football Association coaching awards. I started coaching when I was 18 as a community coach for Dundee United FC. Most clubs will have this set up. I'd advise this kind of level to start out at.

Community coaching normally involves small sided games for boys and girls (playing together) aged 7-10 years old. These sessions normally take place at after school clubs or weekends at a clubs training facilities The emphasis is very much on fun and interaction with other children rather than results and performance. Links with the club means free tickets for games etc. Parents of talented children are often spoken to and it is suggested that they attend a more challenging coaching session once a week. There is usually an avenue for the coaches looking to move into the more serious stuff this way or to become involved at a boys club.

There are often scare stories of crazy parents, but I find this is very much a rarity and coaching is a very rewarding experience.

There are hundreds of resources on the net for coaching ideas and drills. A useful one is www.teachpe.com as it has video demos. However, the key to coaching is maintaining a positive, calm and consistant approach.

Good luck.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks zippy i'm moving up to Cheltenham soon so i'll have look see what cheltenham town offer coaching wise! :ayatollah: