Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS LAND DEAL

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Looks very dodgy to me.

Consider this quote from yesterday's press conference, "As part of the deal the council will get back 40% of the sale revenue through deferred rental payments from the Cardiff City Stadium."
So Ridsdale is doing what he always does - taking cash now and leaving a liability to be paid later. Just like he's done with the ST deal.

And to make matters worse at the press conference, Ridsdale gets all huffy when reporters start questioning and asks why no- one is applauding? Why should anyone want to applaud that?

Re: THIS LAND DEAL

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Yep, it really is a joke.

He's making bad decision after bad decision then getting annoyed when the media question him even a little bit.

The club are basically screwed and probably aren't able to survive until the end of the season without promotion or player sales. And he wants us to applaud him?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Looks very dodgy to me.

Consider this quote from yesterday's press conference, "As part of the deal the council will get back 40% of the sale revenue through deferred rental payments from the Cardiff City Stadium."
So Ridsdale is doing what he always does - taking cash now and leaving a liability to be paid later. Just like he's done with the ST deal.

And to make matters worse at the press conference, Ridsdale gets all huffy when reporters start questioning and asks why no- one is applauding? Why should anyone want to applaud that?

I really don't want to defend Ridsdale, but there is a clear and present danger from the tax bill liability. Even if we have to repay 40% of the cash raised from land sale by deferred payments, that still leaves us 60% better off than we are now.

TBH it really doesn't help matters when fans over egg the problems we already have.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Looks very dodgy to me.

I really don't want to defend Ridsdale, but there is a clear and present danger from the tax bill liability. Even if we have to repay 40% of the cash raised from land sale by deferred payments, that still leaves us 60% better off than we are now.

TBH it really doesn't help matters when fans over egg the problems we already have.

It may not be as less of a problem as you'd think though.

The House of Sport isn't, AFAIK, a charity. The community will, I assume, pay entrance fees to use the facility. I'd imagine there's a profit margin associated with those fees.

Maybe someone can clarify where that profit would go - all to the council or just a portion?

If it's indeed a portion and we'd keep the rest of the profit, then by selling to a developer, Ridsdale has just killed a potential long term income stream for the club.

When wages exceed income, I'd suggest sacrificing future income streams is quite frankly the dumbest idea since John Terry said "Hi" to Wayne Bridge's missus.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:22 pm

nerd wrote:It may not be as less of a problem as you'd think though.

The House of Sport isn't, AFAIK, a charity. The community will, I assume, pay entrance fees to use the facility. I'd imagine there's a profit margin associated with those fees.

Maybe someone can clarify where that profit would go - all to the council or just a portion?

If it's indeed a portion and we'd keep the rest of the profit, then by selling to a developer, Ridsdale has just killed a potential long term income stream for the club.

When wages exceed income, I'd suggest sacrificing future income streams is quite frankly the dumbest idea since John Terry said "Hi" to Wayne Bridge's missus.

You could make the exact same arguement about the corperate and catering facilities which were sold to Compass or before that the retail park.

TBH I think you are going off on a tangent. The £2.7m tax bill has to be paid now because if it isn't 'furture' income streams won't really matter as there won't be a football club.

We have been asset stripped right from the very start of the new stadium project partly by Ridsdale and partly by PMG. As much as I don't like it happening again we have to bite the bullet this time for the sake of the club, but once the debt is settled we need to rid ourselves of these parasites.