A forum for all things Cardiff City

U2 on BBC

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Anybody else watching U2 live on BBC
Fuckxxg Brill

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: U2 on BBC

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 pm

ahh ffs Bono & co need to pack it all in.

if he was a loaf of bread i'd put a "best before 1987" sticker on him :D

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Bono does my head in. I wish they'd just retire.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:46 pm

U2 are just awesome.

IMO obviuosly, I go to see them whenever they tour and they just keep getting better

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Brilliant!!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:31 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:U2 are just awesome.

IMO obviuosly, I go to see them whenever they tour and they just keep getting better

Many years ago, the Alarm played in our "old" national stadium. U2 were the headline band. I like many many people, after they played went home.

The Alarm.

Clash.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:24 am

I personally think Bono is a sanctimonious tw*t and someone just tweeted that there was a Swansea City flag seen in the crowd. Can't think of anything worse but each to their own. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 am

Musical & Entertainment Genius!
Still going strong and still as good as they ever have been.
OK not as agile but still great.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:12 am

Many years ago, the Alarm played in our "old" national stadium. U2 were the headline band. I like many many people, after they played went home.

The Alarm. [/quote]

Totally agree with this, the Alarm were awesome - played U2 off the stage!!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:19 am

Mike Peters A true hero.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am

i`ve seen the alarm/mike peters near enough about 100 times over the last 28 years! ... anyone been to the gathering in north wales every january? ..... if not do it! .... its a fantastic weekend! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
GOING IN OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFf7FVICbE4

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:36 am

Lol, absolute shyte without the electrics! Listen to them all the way through this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuBNUOcamM

Hello Hello... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:53 am

Ive never really got U2..... and their fans are just as odd too.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:31 am

when did Robbie Williams become lead singer? Or should I say Robin Williams. Bonio sang really well I thought, but wheres all this camp diva prancing around come from? He will be playing Minskys showbar next! Seriously is the man gay? Actually they all bizarrely dressed and acted camp. That was a question bouncing round our house this morning. And also Larry looked like he was strapped into a baby seat the way he was playing the drums. FUNNIEST of all though, THE WORST DRESSED BAND i have EVER seen, 50 somethings and all!!! they made the Village People look normal. The funniest performance ever, bit different from The Arms Park 1985 and Live Aid truly brilliant then. Oh and dont start me on "Get On Your Boots". The Edge played well and they nailed some songs, but Bono singing Coldplay was TORTURE! And dont start me on that band! They will be banned form my TV this weekend.

U2 stop dressing like the Scissors Sisters and get back to doing stuff like Unforgettable Fire, War or Passengers ASAP!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm

nicblue wrote:Mike Peters A true hero.

Touring with The Big Country around the Uk at the moment.

Sheperd's Bush Review. Great gig last night. Mike Peters doing proud as the BC frontman.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

I watched it on the box last night, thought they were utter shite to be honest, time for U2 to retire gracefully...

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Unbelievable band, this proves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDkBzkA9L4s