Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" New Found Belief/Hope/Optimism = Atmosphere ? "

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:12 am

Do we now anticipate that the newly found belief etc that has accompanied Malky's appointment will result in the atmosphere at CCS that will all know can be generated, and resemble that built at Ninian Park?

It is without doubt the DJ factor influenced the atmosphere, as by the time we moved into our new home the inevitable feeling of 'failing at the last hurdle' had integrated itself firmly into our mindset and totally compromised the trust we had in our manager which makes creating a genuinely envious atmosphere (with an edge) a difficult task en masse, considering the mindset the fans would've adopted when approaching each game.

However, to balance the argument the DJ era timing was also an issue when considering the atmosphere as DJ presided over a period where fans were also finding their feet in the new stadium)

Now, when analysing the subject of 'atmosphere' we have many aspects apparent that will suggest we have a platform on which to build not only a great atmosphere & 12th man effect, but also a consistently great atmosphere that could potentially be as valuable as 10/15 points in our end of season tally.

Cardiff fans are not ignorant to the value a 'special atmosphere' owns. We can call upon countless examples during our tenure at Ninian Park where a large proportion of fans would state we drove the team over the line - Leeds at home in the FA Cup etc etc, and there are a couple of examples at CCS also - both Leicester games of our Play Off final year spring to mind.

However, we now proceed into a brand new season with genuine optimism on all fronts without any reason not to back the team to last degree - we have one of the brightest managerial prospects in the game leading the charge, we have the board backing him with his targets and making good progress, we have a huge following of fans now comfortable within their areas in the 'new stadium', we have a set of owners intent on not only delivering Premiership football but also intent on spreading the Cardiff message globally, and seemingly we will be blessed with a brand of football under MM that is going to excite us all and have CCS rocking.

MM was quick to point out (without a brief acknowledgement like some newly appointed manager do) specifically the ferocity of Cardiff fans and the atmosphere we can create - considering all the aforementioned we should be leading into the new season ready to make CCS rock at every game and show the remainder of our competitors just hows its done - Cardiff City style.

I for one cannot wait to experience it in the coming months because I genuinely believe all the negativity has been blown away by the Mackay machine, and we're now entering a truly exciting period in our history where the sheer match day experience we create will explode - Britain will take notice as the Sleeping Giant finally awakes for good...BLUEBIRDS!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: New Found Belief/Hope/Optimism = Atmosphere?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

You quote fans being comfortable in thier area of the new stadium. I think this season we will see quite a bit if confrontation around the 117/118. The confrontation being the fans who want to stand and the stewards who have been ordered to tell them to sit. Could make interesting reading.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:31 am

Bakedalasker wrote:You quote fans being comfortable in thier area of the new stadium. I think this season we will see quite a bit if confrontation around the 117/118. The confrontation being the fans who want to stand and the stewards who have been ordered to tell them to sit. Could make interesting reading.

Yes and the Club need to make up their mind Ian as the year before last they wanted the fans to stand v Leicester home in the play offs and the last 4 home games of this current season just gone, they turned a blind eye to the Ninian Stand, because it suited them. :roll:

Looking forward to the New Season :ayatollah:
But Yes I DO EXPECT A BETTER ATMOSPHERE THIS SEASON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:31 am

Bakedalasker wrote:You quote fans being comfortable in thier area of the new stadium. I think this season we will see quite a bit if confrontation around the 117/118. The confrontation being the fans who want to stand and the stewards who have been ordered to tell them to sit. Could make interesting reading.

I did consider that to be honest, but the club were pretty clear in their communication at the end of last season where they stated if you wish to stand then the Canton stand is where you should be.

I'm in the Canton and love it there, I've never sat down or been made to sit down, but I obviously appreciate that there are large numbers of our support who dont want to move from the Ninian but also wish to stand.

I would say for the vast majority of support, they are comfortable where they are in the stadium, but I appreciate theres always an exception :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes and the Club need to make up their mind Ian as the year before last they wanted the fans to stand v Leicester home in the play offs and the last 4 home games of this current season just gone, they turned a blind eye to the Ninian Stand, because it suited them. :roll:

Thats exactly the point, the club can't pick an choose - a line in the sand has to be drawn otherwise theyre driving a competely confusing situation that will only result in alot of heated arguments.

My personal opinion is that they should let the 2 end blocks of the Ninian end stand - everyone all over the stadium knows where they are then and can make a judgement call on where they want to go - we are the club at the end of the day...everyone else will come an go :ayatollah:

Re: " New Found Belief/Hope/Optimism = Atmosphere ? "

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 am

I beleived that the club had set up 3 blocks in the Canton as a "singing section" or did it not take off.

I hate false fake atmosphere at sport let it happen naturally

Shit I still miss Ninian, I don't get the same buzz walking into CCS as i did walking onto the Grange or BBT.

Re: " New Found Belief/Hope/Optimism = Atmosphere ? "

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 am

The boro game, a classic example of false atmosphere, made me feel ill, I am not a sheep and i will sing when I want, not when some prat on a microphone tells me too . I know its been said before,but the grange should be where it belongs. If insurance goes up so be it, you pay for a match day experience, and atmosphere is part of it.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

i agree i sit on the end seat in 116 opposite you and its the same with us, sometimes we can stand sometimes we sit, yet every conrner or free kick we stand, every chance or goal opportunity we stand..... yet when its pissing down, they make us sit... there is no consistency with the stewards...