Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Philip Nifield Double standards????

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

Nifield i had never realised he objected so strongly about the New Stadium being built with the Council. Quite amazing when you read into it !

Must be honest i skipped most of Vince Alms chapter in Shattered dreams - too much politics.

Having read through it now after comments on here this week its far more clear.

What really gets me this same bloke is now the person raising money for the new fred keenor statue to go outside the new stadium !!!! the stadiuum he didnt want built!!!!

Is that double standards or what ?

Re: Philip Nifield Double standards????

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:26 am

I was also stunned by this and rang Vince and he said yes it was all true. :roll:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:29 am

Daya wrote:Is that double standards or what ?

No.

What's moving home got to do with putting up a monument for a legend?

If we hadn't moved the statue would still have been made and could have been placed near ninian or even in town

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:30 am

Why was he against it?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 am

What was he so against a new stadium for ? especially the planning applications ?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 am

Wayne S wrote:

No.

If we hadn't moved the statue would still have been made and could have been placed near ninian or even in town

Wheres he going to erect it ?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:53 am

Daya wrote:What was he so against a new stadium for ? especially the planning applications ?

Because he is very good friends with Rodney Berman the Liberal Councillor who vowed to never let us have the Stadium.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:01 am

i think if someone wants to help raise money for the statue then they are more than welcome! ... beats me though why some cardiff millionaire doesnt pay the rest though! .. cause if i had the money, id do it!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 am

Didn't this guy work for Mediawales if so then there is the real story because that organisation hardly ever prints a positive word about Cardiff City FC.

I had a good laugh this morning when I read Chris Wathan article on this Swans Ipswich falling out in which he quotes Hew The Spew as saying he is completely unaware of any dispute between the clubs. It's a simple question really "Have you paid Ipswich or not Hew".

Can you imagine if this had been our club there would be muliple stories about it from Abbandanato to the tea lady.

Now thats double standards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:What was he so against a new stadium for ? especially the planning applications ?

Because he is very good friends with Rodney Berman the Liberal Councillor who vowed to never let us have the Stadium.

Berman did or didnt want it erected? How does he feel about Nifields plans for his erection ?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Warrior wrote:
AHERNE wrote:i think if someone wants to help raise money for the statue then they are more than welcome! ... beats me though why some cardiff millionaire doesnt pay the rest though! .. cause if i had the money, id do it!

u would think the Malaysians would pay it with their multi millions, a drop in the ocean, you could also say they could raise the £45,000 needed in the premier lounge alone, or maybe Paul Guy who has made millions out of the club what do you think Aherne ?

theres a long cue warrior, people like robbie fowler owes us a few bob, someone should give him a bell! .... even the big earners last year could have had a bit of a wip round and raised at least 10 to 20k... at least when it is built we can look back and say "we did it"

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:20 pm

phil posts on here as whitchurch blue

why dont you ask him yourself ?

yet another silly little dig at the trust

you are like a dog with a bone but its very boring now and hardly anyone apart from those that read this forum are interested dayo

and most on here are not either !!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

well we have got one now annis so why worry ?

and I thought you hated the new place anyway so perhaps you should be on phils side ,. if whats being said is true ?

regards

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 pm

AHERNE wrote:i think if someone wants to help raise money for the statue then they are more than welcome! ... beats me though why some cardiff millionaire doesnt pay the rest though! .. cause if i had the money, id do it!

because the city of cardiff and its residents have never really been behind the club

( apart from those who go and watch them )

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Wayne S wrote:

No.

hear hear

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Warrior wrote:

u would think the Malaysians would pay it with their multi millions, a drop in the ocean, you could also say they could raise the £45,000 needed in the premier lounge alone, or maybe Paul Guy who has made millions out of the club what do you think Aherne ?

theres a long cue warrior, people like robbie fowler owes us a few bob, someone should give him a bell! .... even the big earners last year could have had a bit of a wip round and raised at least 10 to 20k... at least when it is built we can look back and say "we did it"

I would have thaught the high earning players could make a donation to a charity/fund raising pre-tax. By donating £1,000 out of their wages, may only cost then £600.

Any taxmen on here.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Sludge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

and I thought you hated the new place anyway so perhaps you should be on phils side ,. if whats being said is true ?

regards

Because Sludge some of us are still in love with NP but we realised we had to move to go forward. It is just taking some of us a bit longer to accept all this. Sentimental reasons you can put it under.

I dont think Rodney Berman raesons were sentimental for not allowing us the new stadium.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Sludge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

regards

Yes I still hate the place Sludge and until it starts having a Good Atmosphere, I will continue to hate it.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Because Sludge some of us are still in love with NP but we realised we had to move to go forward. It is just taking some of us a bit longer to accept all this. Sentimental reasons you can put it under.

I dont think Rodney Berman raesons were sentimental for not allowing us the new stadium.[/quote]

Correct Ian, Actually spot on, Berman and Nifieds were not sentimental at all. Mine are and Sludge if was Honest knows that.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Interestingly enough, on his website you get the standard bumf you get from any PR person, the usual rhetoric and bs.

Not a single mention of being press officer for the Trust. Maybe he feels his customers aren't going to be impressed by football?