Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JUST A QUESTION TO EVERYONE ? "

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 pm

After reading this comment on my facebook and reading myself about how he has been off the pitch up in Scotland, Whats your opinions ?

Gareth CCFC
After reading some reports from jock land, He's suppose to be a social hand grenade just waiting to off. Could be a nightmare ! But got great potential , also reports from up north say we have a transfer kitty of £16 million

COULD GOODWILLIE BE A PROBLEM ? Hmm

Re: " JUST A QUESTION TO EVERYONE ? "

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:After reading this comment on my facebook and reading myself about how he has been off the pitch up in Scotland, Whats your opinions ?

Gareth CCFC
After reading some reports from jock land, He's suppose to be a social hand grenade just waiting to off. Could be a nightmare ! But got great potential , also reports from up north say we have a transfer kitty of £16 million

COULD GOODWILLIE BE A PROBLEM ? Hmm

we have players who mis behave themselves as you fully well know. I believe malky can kick him up his arse :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

I think a move away from up here could be just what he needs Annis.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

depends if malky thinks he can curb it really. are there any examples of him doing this to players at watford?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:23 pm

PtB wrote:I think a move away from up here could be just what he needs Annis.

Paul, That usually helps without a doubt :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He seems to be a bit of a target here, though I don't doubt he's not entirely innocent.

I seem to recall there was an alleged incident of him exposing hmself in a pub or something along those lines, then there was the rape claim which was dropped and now the assault case. I assume that the club will have looked into the case etc and that is why they are going ahead with the deal if a fee can be agreed.

There's no doubt he has talent and potential though.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:31 pm

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He seems to be a bit of a target here, though I don't doubt he's not entirely innocent.

I seem to recall there was an alleged incident of him exposing hmself in a pub or something along those lines, then there was the rape claim which was dropped and now the assault case. I assume that the club will have looked into the case etc and that is why they are going ahead with the deal if a fee can be agreed.

Cheers Paul, Everyone deserves another chance in life :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

A leopard never changes it's spots. My fear is that after what for him will be a big transfer and higher wages he will think he had hit the big time when it comes to his off the field behaviour. After what happened with some of our players last season can we really take the chance on him?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:42 pm

why take the chance? ... i`d leave him be ..... 3 times that boy as hit the news up there not once! ... and rape is a massive thing to have hanging over him.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Ive got every faith he'll be fine down here under Malky's man management skills :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A leopard never changes it's spots. My fear is that after what for him will be a big transfer and higher wages he will think he had hit the big time when it comes to his off the field behaviour. After what happened with some of our players last season can we really take the chance on him?

Well this will then be down to Malky and himself to hopefully make sure he has sorted himself out, I really hope he has, because Cardiff is a Village, when players misbehave.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 pm

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The rape claim hasn't been dropped, unless someone can find a link which shows it has. I couldn't find one yesterday. The case is still waiting to come to court, thouhgh as far as can see no court date has been set.

He is of course innocent until proved guilty on both the current charges against him and it is perfectly correct for him to carry on his career.

My only concern i that if he is found guilty particularly of the rape then we could be spending a lot of cash for us on someone who could face several years in jail.
Last edited by Elwood Blues on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 pm

He sounds like a very exciting player but also a very big risk.

I'm not sure if it's a risk worth taking tbh.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:56 pm

There's no doubt he has talent and potential though.[/quote]

The rape claim hasn't been dropped, unless someone can find a link whcih shows it has. I couldn't find one yesterday. The case is still waiting to come to court, thouhgh as far as can see no court date has been set.

He is of course innocent until proved guilty on both thecurren charges agaianst him and it is of course perfectly correct for him to carry on his career.

My only concern i that if he is found guilty particularly of the rape then we could be spending a lot of cash for us on someone who could face several years in jail.[/quote]

Could CCFC insure against him getting convicted ?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 pm

A risk worth taking imo, we wont get better for the money.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Weve all been bad willies at one time or another :D , but lets not forget hes not guilty of any charges under the judicial system so no probs in signing asa far as i see. New environment would see the lad grow up and mature, further more all potential transfer targets are surely vetted not just for their footballing skills but also their personalities and character too. Malky will no doubt know all about the lad so we back his judgement on all transfer targets :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:25 pm

He may be a bit of a loose cannon, but at least Malky is managing him and not DJ.

MM will know how to manage him, i got no concerns!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:29 pm

At first this concerned me a lot.

But with Malky I feel quite relaxed about it, in fact quite excited that we could have a very good player on our books very soon.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:My only concern i that if he is found guilty particularly of the rape then we could be spending a lot of cash for us on someone who could face several years in jail.

I would expect there will be a clause in his contract that it will be terminated if he is found guilty.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:The rape claim hasn't been dropped, unless someone can find a link which shows it has. I couldn't find one yesterday. The case is still waiting to come to court, thouhgh as far as can see no court date has been set.

He is of course innocent until proved guilty on both the current charges against him and it is perfectly correct for him to carry on his career.

My only concern i that if he is found guilty particularly of the rape then we could be spending a lot of cash for us on someone who could face several years in jail.

I couldn't find one either, I took someone's word for it that the rape had been dropped and he was only on the assault charges so apologies if that is wrong.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:45 pm

norfolkin welsh wrote:Weve all been bad willies at one time or another :D , but lets not forget hes not guilty of any charges under the judicial system so no probs in signing asa far as i see. New environment would see the lad grow up and mature, further more all potential transfer targets are surely vetted not just for their footballing skills but also their personalities and character too. Malky will no doubt know all about the lad so we back his judgement on all transfer targets :ayatollah:

Surely it's not just all about whether the courts find him guilty. Even if he is found not guilty on all charges in court the fact remains that he was involved in a few unsavoury off the field incidents and just because he may move from Scotland to Wales there is no reason to believe that his behaviour will change. After what happened with some of our players last season I'm not convinced it is worth taking the risk. As for Malky knowing all about him, why do you assume this? Just because they are both Scottish? Malky has lived and played in England for years so has probably had no contact with Goodwillie ever until now. All he would know about him is as a player on the field. He would know nothing about his attitude and behaviour away from the club.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:My only concern i that if he is found guilty particularly of the rape then we could be spending a lot of cash for us on someone who could face several years in jail.

I would expect there will be a clause in his contract that it will be terminated if he is found guilty.

True

But we wouldn't get the £2 million ( or whatever we pay) back!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
norfolkin welsh wrote:Weve all been bad willies at one time or another :D , but lets not forget hes not guilty of any charges under the judicial system so no probs in signing asa far as i see. New environment would see the lad grow up and mature, further more all potential transfer targets are surely vetted not just for their footballing skills but also their personalities and character too. Malky will no doubt know all about the lad so we back his judgement on all transfer targets :ayatollah:

Surely it's not just all about whether the courts find him guilty. Even if he is found not guilty on all charges in court the fact remains that he was involved in a few unsavoury off the field incidents and just because he may move from Scotland to Wales there is no reason to believe that his behaviour will change. After what happened with some of our players last season I'm not convinced it is worth taking the risk. As for Malky knowing all about him, why do you assume this? Just because they are both Scottish? Malky has lived and played in England for years so has probably had no contact with Goodwillie ever until now. All he would know about him is as a player on the field. He would know nothing about his attitude and behaviour away from the club.

Sorry mate, everyone in Scotland knows each other - ask Nuclearblue, it's true.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:22 pm

He will be found Not Guilty. I can guarantee that. I know for a fact he will not be prosecuted.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Taking out a 6 ft 5 Rugby player and least he's not going to be rolling around the pitch. :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:45 pm

So it looks like he will be a Big Gamble.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:So it looks like he will be a Big Gamble.

Yep :!:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Paul, Everyone deserves another chance in life :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Or 3 in the case of DJ :ayatollah: